Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 7:17 pm

Anyone else here have that combination?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 7:30 pm

I have it in as much as I am diagnosed with ASD and my OCD tells me I'm schizophrenic :roll:

There are members here with that diagnosis , I've read their posts when I first arrived.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Oct 2019, 1:13 am

I had a schizophrenia diagnosis, luckily, debunked.
Social anxiety and shutdowns made a mix that the doc misinterpreted, then his confirmation bias took over.

You probably can have both, why not. If antipsychotics make you function better not worse, it's right to take them.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 2:04 am

I haven't, but I know people who have and it took decades for professionals to differentiate between the two

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Oct 2019, 3:19 am

aquafelix wrote:
I haven't, but I know people who have and it took decades for professionals to differentiate between the two

I'm not surprised at all.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 4:09 am

magz wrote:
I had a schizophrenia diagnosis, luckily, debunked.
Social anxiety and shutdowns made a mix that the doc misinterpreted, then his confirmation bias took over.

You probably can have both, why not. If antipsychotics make you function better not worse, it's right to take them.

I do think the APs work. I'm certainly less like to have an intense reaction to negative stimuli .

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Oct 2019, 7:19 am

Is intense reaction to negative stimuli your only schizophrenia symptom? No hallucinations to any sense? No external force putting thoughts in your mind?

Maybe you should re-check your diagnosis of it.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 9:31 am

magz wrote:
Is intense reaction to negative stimuli your only schizophrenia symptom? No hallucinations to any sense? No external force putting thoughts in your mind?

Pdoc appointment last week . Supposedly schizoaffective in remission . His letter to the GP, which was also sent to me, says my mood is stable with some very subtle sub clinical mood variation. There is some breakthrough psychotic symptoms in relation to a paranoid fear about people breaking into my flat.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 9:32 am

"PDOC" is an acronym used on my job.

I can't tell you what it is---but it's sort of funny.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Oct 2019, 9:39 am

firemonkey wrote:
magz wrote:

Pdoc appointment last week . Supposedly schizoaffective in remission . His letter to the GP, which was also sent to me, says my mood is stable with some very subtle sub clinical mood variation. There is some breakthrough psychotic symptoms in relation to a paranoid fear about people breaking into my flat.

Seems like you're getting better.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 9:42 am

I think Firemonkey is gaining more confidence by posting more often, and by people allowing him to express himself.

He's always posted relevant things. But now he is more focused, and is more willing to say his viewpoint, and he is saying his viewpoint with more coherence and more input from himself, rather than robotically repeating what others have said.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 11:44 am

My grandmother was DXd schizophrenic 50 years ago. I now wonder that she was ASD with or without touch of schizophrenia. She was really into electrons and physics (she married a chemist). Yes, she thought the gov't was watching her - they may have been, she'd written enough reprimanding letters.

I wonder what is a normal level of fear about flat break ins. I'm afraid near every day and I consider that to be normal enough. Statistically it's unlikely, but it's absolutely possible. Just this past week I chastised myself for having only vague plans in case of the small possibility occurring. In my case I seize up just a moment and then relax. I don't spend all day placing weapons around the house (perhaps you do?).

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Oct 2019, 11:52 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I think Firemonkey is gaining more confidence by posting more often, and by people allowing him to express himself.

He's always posted relevant things. But now he is more focused, and is more willing to say his viewpoint, and he is saying his viewpoint with more coherence and more input from himself, rather than robotically repeating what others have said.

You are right, Firemonkey's posts became recently more personal, more of sharing his own viewpoint. I interpret it as Firemonkey getting more confident about himself - andprobably having more mental energy than before.

Firemonkey, I think since your ASD diagnosis, your contributions to the forum show more and more of yourself - and I believe it is good. You are a person, not a diagnosis, even if a diagnosis is part of the person you are.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 12:26 pm

SharonB wrote:
My grandmother was DXd schizophrenic 50 years ago. I now wonder that she was ASD with or without touch of schizophrenia. She was really into electrons and physics (she married a chemist). Yes, she thought the gov't was watching her - they may have been, she'd written enough reprimanding letters.

I wonder what is a normal level of fear about flat break ins. I'm afraid near every day and I consider that to be normal enough. Statistically it's unlikely, but it's absolutely possible. Just this past week I chastised myself for having only vague plans in case of the small possibility occurring. In my case I seize up just a moment and then relax. I don't spend all day placing weapons around the house (perhaps you do?).

Re my flat. It's on the first floor with a narrow gap to the only other flat. Anyone wanting to get in has to either press the buzzer, or tap in a 4 digit code. Apart from me only my stepdaughter has a key to the flat .