Forum Moderator

09 Oct 2019, 1:15 am

Could you try to specify what you need?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 4:30 pm

What resources do you need to be successful with employment?

"Doesn't help me anymore"?

When did the job counselor "help" you?

What :evil: helpful :twisted: thing did the job counselor do?

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2019, 11:58 pm

My Employment consultants placed me in the too hard basket and gave up on me finding a job. I graduated from college years ago and I am just an unemployable loser with a college degree. I applied for many jobs and even offered to work for free but no employer wanted to give me a chance.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 8:41 am

Aspiretobeme26 wrote:
My employment coach doesn't help me anymore and my social worker won’t give me resources I need to be successful with employment.
1) What kind of help do you want?

2) What kind of resources do you need?

3) If you're expecting someone to hold your hand and guide you through the process step-by-step -- or maybe just give you a job -- then your expectations far exceed reality.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

FletcherArrow
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Oct 2019, 3:53 pm

What do you expect your employment coach to do for you?

What is it that your employment coach needed from you to help you better?

traven
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2019, 12:43 am

Aspiretobeme26 wrote:
Worker won’t give me resources I need to be successful with employment

words, like "resources" are empty shells, thrown around for self gratification, there's nothing in it

as in any good nt habit "we" pretend collectively it's a great thing to show submission to the chosen "word"

FletcherArrow
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2019, 10:05 am

traven wrote:
Aspiretobeme26 wrote:

words, like "resources" are empty shells, thrown around for self gratification, there's nothing in it

as in any good nt habit "we" pretend collectively it's a great thing to show submission to the chosen "word"

Huh? What does what you wrote even mean?????

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Oct 2019, 8:56 pm

Finding jobs for people with Aspergers is hard for various reasons:
The job needs to be suitable for people with Aspergers.
The work place must be willing to accept a person with Aspergers.
Employers must be willing to accept people with Aspergers.
Stress must be minimised for a person with Aspergers so he/she does not get overwhelmed.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2019, 12:47 am

I kind of had this feeling too, and had several different case workers who seem positive at first, and nothing came my way. They did actually manage to find something part time that lasted a year, after years of nothing, but I spent the entirety of this year with nothing.

I think that what my current caseworker has said is maybe something. She said that a lot of more manual jobs and such can have them able to knock on the doors of places and ask if they have any openings, but in my case where I am more fit for an office job, having an accounting degree, it is much more difficult for them to be able to find openings. The only cases so far seemed to be a perfect case in a sense, that was just part time but a welcoming self owned bookkeeper, and a business that helped employing other people with disabilities but I refused to continue to wait on because incredibly unorganized and left me hanging for literal months that I could have put more work into.

I have no answers on my end, the closest being the one time I got an interview this year, and one over the phone. These only seemed to move forward because I thought that I was a good fit, and rather than rely on any of the templates approved by my employment agency, I wrote it entirely with the job in mind. But I also find that these methods can be incredibly emotionally draining as writing a tailor made cover letter/resume each time can be much more devastating in rejection than just using the template written already. Everyone wants experience, no one is willing to give it.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2019, 8:07 am

traven wrote:
Aspiretobeme26 wrote:

Yes. "Resources" and "help". Like they dragged my worthless corpse out of a burning building. "Resources" are just pieces of paper. They do an internet search. Print something. Give it to you. Tell you to go somewhere, phone something, do something. They don't do anything themselves. But they have the nerve to tell you that they "help people get jobs".

They make factually correct statements that have wrong implications.

All they do is flap their trap

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2019, 10:02 am

After I graduated from college I found it difficult to land my first job. I applied in person to over 200 companies and mailed off another 300 resumes. But I received no offers. Then almost by chance, I received a job offer without even applying. I took the offer, worked for 40 years and then retired.

So I guess my comment is don't give up until you applied to 500 companies.

[Since this is one of your first posts - Welcome to Wrong Planet!]

Last edited by jimmy m on 31 Oct 2019, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Oct 2019, 10:06 am

It is hard enough for NTs finding jobs. For a person with Aspergers it is 10 times for difficult or in my case it is impossible. I wish I was an NT and I would have friends, better communication skills and a social network that would make finding work achievable.