Do all autistic individuals watch anime?

Page 2 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 9:49 pm

plokijuh wrote:
Do all neurotypical women like chick flicks? Do all neurotypical men like sports? Are all neurotypicals extroverts?

No.

And I've never watched any anime.

For real.

Actually...watching animi is listed in the latest DSM as a diagnostic symptom of autism!

Just kidding.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 10:19 pm

I don't watch anime. That's after my time. If I was born 10 years later, I would have gotten into it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 11:00 pm

Never been interested in it.

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2019, 11:02 pm

I don't. Unless you count things like My Neighbor Totoro or Kiki's Delivery Service. I like those ones, but nothing like Dragon Ball Z.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 2:12 am

Fnord wrote:
Spede wrote:
Do all autistic individuals watch anime?
While I have watched anime in the past, I don't make a habit of it -- it's too hard to find good anime.

I found out yesterday that Vinland Saga has gotten itself Animé'd, so if you're keen on viking-flavoured ultraviolence, check that out. :)

As for OT, aside from the biological essentials, no question starting with "do all autistic individuals..." will have a positive answer.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 5:29 am

Nah, but I do sometimes.

Also, you guys do realize that there are plenty of different kinds and not nearly everything is flashy or loud, right?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 5:31 am

We had anime in the 60s.....but we didn’t call it anime then. “Speed Racer” was anime.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 8:40 am

Wolfram87 wrote:

As for OT, aside from the biological essentials, no question starting with "do all autistic individuals..." will have a positive answer.

Yeah , I've never understood the negative response to "do all autistic individuals..." questions ( especially when it's posted from a new member reaching out ).

Having said that , this has been one of the more positive threads.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 8:47 am

Does Pokemon count? I saw that with my nephew years ago, and I used to buy him the trading cards.

I remember liking Jigglypuff.

I didn't follow the stories or have much interest in it, but he was obsessed so it was fun to share that with him.

I always picture anime as those characters with huge eyes. I don't know much about the different types or styles.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 8:48 am

I really know very little to nothing about present-day anime.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 8:52 am

No.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 9:05 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
We had anime in the 60s.....but we didn’t call it anime then. “Speed Racer” was anime.
Back then, we called it "Japanamé", but the war changed everything. But my story really begins in Nineteen Dickety-Two. We had to say "dickety", because the Kaiser had stolen our number two. So I tied and onion to my belt, which was the style at the time, and I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles. Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet. Ah, there's an interesting story behind the nickel. In 1957, I remember it was, I got up in the morning and made myself a piece of toast. I set the toaster to three: medium brown. You see, back in those days, rich men would ride around in Zeppelins, dropping coins on people, and one day I seen J.D. Rockefeller flying by. So I run of the house with a big washtub and I'd just used it that morning to wash my turkey, which in those days was known as a walking-bird. We'd always have walking-bird on Thanksgiving, with all the trimmings: cranberries, injun eyes, yams stuffed with gunpowder. Too much pie, that's your problem! Then we'd all watch football, which in those days was called baseball, 'cept we didn't wear helmets. We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere -- like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Then after World War Two, it got kinda quiet, 'til Superman challenged FDR to a race around the world. FDR beat him by a furlong, or so the comic books would have you believe. The truth lies somewhere in between. Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones, but the war changed everything...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2019, 9:10 am

No, I have never had any interest in anime at all.

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 9:24 am

Can we create the title of "Forum Grandpa" so I can nominate Fnord for it?

GonHunter
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Oct 2019, 9:29 am

At least I do

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 9:39 am

GonHunter wrote:
At least I do
Then it's official.

If ONE autistic individual admits to watching anime, then ALL autistic individuals must be watching watch anime, too!

Isn't that how the logic goes?

:roll: I'm being sarcastic here.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.