auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 10:10 pm

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 10:14 pm

Calling him the scum of the earth would be an insult to scum.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 10:21 pm

Am I having deja vu?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 10:35 pm

Trump blames probability, because he knows the wisdom of Milli Vanilli.

gotta blame it on something ....
gotta blame it on something ....
whatever you do, don't put the blame on you ...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 1:44 am

As I said before, the there's no bottom of the barrel left for Trump to scrape....

Vertetuesi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2019, 3:32 am

auntblabby wrote:

Unless you can cite Democrats calling for Sacoolas to be sent back, shut up and take your TDS somewhere else - and that goes for all you other responses to OP so far.

This scandalous case should have had a thread up about it here two days ago, and it's just pathetic that it takes Trump's statement to finally trigger one. So much for aspies not being dumb conformists, eh?

Say whatever else you like about Trump, but there's absolutely no reason to single him out this time. The entire US administration has been bluntly obstructive about this one.

Let's instead have a proper discussion about what ought to be done by the various parties. The grieving family can take civil action in the US; the UK government can consider means of reprisals e.g. new restrictions on foreign diplomats and the scope of immunity; Sacoolas' friends and neighbors can harangue her until she goes. Any other thoughts?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 4:09 am

^^^YOU take your hypocritically trollish behavior somewhere else, where do you get off telling ME to "shut up"?

Vertetuesi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2019, 5:32 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^YOU take your hypocritically trollish behavior somewhere else, where do you get off telling ME to "shut up"?

There's nothing hypocritical in what I said. By contrast, you chose to pick exclusively on Trump when there's any number of others who are blameworthy here and he's by no means the first and foremost, which is Sacoolas all the way. If she behaved like a human being there wouldn't even be a question of governments getting involved.

Vertetuesi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2019, 5:34 am

EzraS wrote:
Calling him the scum of the earth would be an insult to scum.

Right sentiment, wrong target.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 6:53 am

Okay so an American drove on the wrong side of the road in the UK which caused a fatality, and Trump is a villain for saying it happens.

Even though it does indeed happen. I know offhand that the actor who played Ferris Bueller killed someone driving on the wrong side of the road while in the UK.

I'm sure there are multiple cases of it happening.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 6:55 am

Okay so an American drove on the wrong side of the road in the UK which caused a fatality, and Trump is a villain for saying it happens.

Even though it does indeed happen. I know offhand that the actor who played Ferris Bueller killed someone while driving on the wrong side of the road in the UK.

I'm sure there are multiple cases of it happening.

Now what happened other than a tragic mistake? Was she under the influence? Was it a hit and run? What?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 6:58 am

Think about a situation where family member gets killed by a drunk driver or something....and some therapist or other just says: “That’s life.”

Trump made a diplomatic gaffe. He came across as being insensitive.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 10 Oct 2019, 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 7:00 am

that subtlety is utterly lost with a lotta people in power, and a lotta other ugly amuuuricans who worship that power, as well. karma is waiting...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 7:15 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Think about a situation where family member gets killed by a drunk driver or something....and some therapist or other just says: “That’s life.”

Trump made a diplomatic gaffe. He came across as being insensitive.

I don't think that's the way he meant it. It's a common tragic mistake. It happens all too often. It could happen to many people.

Let the American driver who can say with absolute certainly that they could never get confused and make the same mistake, cast the first stone.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 7:29 am

My father was posted to San Francisco from 1965-1968 he never had an accident . My mother also never had an accident.

My father was posted to Atlanta in 1981 , and after his stint as consul general decided to stay in the USA. Again no accident.