What kind of tv-shows, comics, books and movies do you like?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

JD12345
Toucan
Toucan

16 Oct 2019, 5:29 am

Generally most of that which would be regarded as 'mainstream' is avoided.

TV - I watch evening quiz programmes, including Pointless and Eggheads on the BBC. The latter has a specific set of nine categories that can possibly appear in an episode. My ranking of them (in terms of best to worst on a personal basis) is:

Politics
History
Geography
Sport
Science
Arts and Books
Film and Television
Music
Food and Drink

...and the above gives a fairly good outline of where my general knowledge lies. Aside from that I like watching news and certain documentaries. Occasionally I might find a fictional programme that I enjoy - The Simpsons, The Sopranos, The West Wing, Breaking Bad and various older cartoons are some examples. Soap operas have sometimes been a fixture for me too.

Comics - Never been a regular reader of comics, but I did used to occasionally.

Books - My mind is crammed with random sports statistical and historical facts due to my being a reader of those kinds of books (Rothman's, Wisden, a great rare book called "Football The Beautiful Game" and others) when I was younger. Biographies, politics, history etc are read too. Again, fiction is something that I enjoy on quite select occasions.

Movies - Went through a period of being what might be called a 'film buff', but that's gone largely by the wayside. Comedy stands out as something that I rarely enjoy, in all of these categories but particularly in movies.