How do I get out of this relationship?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 6:31 pm

blazingstar wrote:
Whether he likes her or not, is confused or not, are all moot. She doesn't want to see him nor have sex with him, the answer is just NO and she doesn't have to justify it, explain it, or soften it.

When an aspie woman starts perseverating on how she may be at fault, how she may have misunderstood, how maybe he really is a good guy, etc....that's a rabbit hole she doesn't have to go down. Or in this case, one she doesn't have to continue going down.

OP, I hope we hear from you, and that you are okay.

Well said.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 6:56 pm

Be firm, but kind. It would be very different if you reciprocated the feelings. Since you don't, best to make a clean and total break.

Raphael F
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Oct 2019, 6:41 am

blazingstar wrote:
she doesn't have to justify it, explain it, or soften it.
Agree, well said.

Juliette wrote:
Be firm, but kind.
Ultimately, if necessary, ditch the kindness and just concentrate on being firm. Although a veneer of kindness ought to help. However, too much appearance of kindness and the guy could convince himself that meant the girl had feelings for him after all. I have some idea how men's minds work, even if mine happens to be built wrong. Any excuse he can conjure up for continuing to pester and cajole, he'll seize it.

blazingstar wrote:
how she may be at fault, how she may have misunderstood, how maybe he really is a good guy, etc....that's a rabbit hole she doesn't have to go down.
Agree, very very true.

blazingstar wrote:
OP, I hope we hear from you, and that you are okay.
Yes. Seconded. I hope both of those things, too.