Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 8:06 am

My dad didn't have his original birth certificate, but got a certified one issued by the state he was born in so that he could get his enhanced Washington driver's licence in 2014, which is basically the same as a Real ID.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 2:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Trust me, plenty of Dems are Christians.
Now, why are you opposed to ID laws due to your religion?

Because I am concerned about microchip being the mark of the beast.

Now, Americans say chip in ID isn't the mark yet, the mark is when you get it in your skin. But Russians say that chip in the ID is the mark too, and they also say laser might give you invisible mark when you are taken a photo for real ID. So I don't know whom to believe.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 4:16 pm

QFT wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Now, Americans say chip in ID isn't the mark yet, the mark is when you get it in your skin. But Russians say that chip in the ID is the mark too, and they also say laser might give you invisible mark when you are taken a photo for real ID. So I don't know whom to believe.

What does the bible say about RF enhanced ID cards? :?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 4:21 pm

EzraS wrote:
The way the OP was talking I thought maybe it was in reference to a "mark of the beast" microchip being implanted.
It's just an augmented driver's licence.
You have to go to the DMV with a birth certificate, a social security card and proof of residence like a utility bill.
I thought that kind of stuff was required anyways.
And apparently a passport will suffice.
I got a special ID last year so that I could cross into Canada. I guess maybe it is a Real ID.

Mark of the Beast, eh? In fact, most of us are in agreement that the "Beast" was actually the Roman Emperor Nero, and that 666 spells that out in Persian Apocalyptic numerology. Two thousand years too late to have to worry about that.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 5:20 pm

For the sake of bodily autonomy I would say--resist microchips. We aren't dogs or horses.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 11:34 pm

Borromeo wrote:
For the sake of bodily autonomy I would say--resist microchips. We aren't dogs or horses.

QFT. :idea:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 1:09 am

QFT wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Take it you won’t own a phone or electronics then since they all have micro chips.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 8:07 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
The way the OP was talking I thought maybe it was in reference to a "mark of the beast" microchip being implanted.
You have to go to the DMV with a birth certificate, a social security card and proof of residence like a utility bill.
I got a special ID last year so that I could cross into Canada. I guess maybe it is a Real ID.

Mark of the Beast, eh? In fact, most of us are in agreement that the "Beast" was actually the Roman Emperor Nero, and that 666 spells that out in Persian Apocalyptic numerology. Two thousand years too late to have to worry about that.

I was speaking from the OP's perspective. Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy2CDXtWjoU

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 8:21 am

funeralxempire wrote:
QFT wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

What does the bible say about RF enhanced ID cards? :?

"15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name." Revelation 13:15-17

QFT, according to this if you refuse to worship the image of the beast, you will be killed instead of being given the mark. So there's nothing to worry about.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 8:23 am

The REAL IDs are an attempt to prevent identity theft through the creation by criminals of forged drivers licenses.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 3:03 pm

Isn’t the mark 666, but then that didn’t even exist when the Bible was written, the Bible has since been translated thousands of times and so much of its oringal meaning is lost in translation. We’d have to look at a bible from back in the time to know what it truelu said. I don’t think then I,her 6 3 times is the mark as the number 6 wouldn’t exist for thousands of years after the Bible was written. As English language didn’t exist back then, so is the mark the Roman number 6 three times? It is it the Jewish number 6 three times?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 5:04 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I was speaking from the OP's perspective. Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy2CDXtWjoU

Thank you for the video. It confirms what I was always taught.

minuteman2019
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Nov 2019, 9:07 pm

I am not a Christian, but used to be. I asked a pastor about this, but he kinda shrugged. Personally in between the links to Paganism and not giving a s**t about things that actually matter is what made me move away from that. The only people I take semi-seriously are the Orthodox and Quakers, and maybe add in a few Baptists here and there but they all seem like they have their collective heads up their asses mostly.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2019, 2:15 am

minuteman2019 wrote:
The only people I take semi-seriously are the Orthodox and Quakers

Actually Orthodox are even more worried about the chip in the cards than Protestants are, at least in my observations anyway. American Protestants tend to say that real ID is only a precursor of a mark while the actual mark will be inserted into your right hand or forehead. On the other hand the Orthodox from Russia are saying real ID is already a mark. I am not sure though if this difference of opinion is due to difference between denominations (Protestant versus Orthodox) or between countries (America versus Russia).

minuteman2019
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Nov 2019, 2:48 pm

QFT wrote:
minuteman2019 wrote:
The only people I take semi-seriously are the Orthodox and Quakers

Actually Orthodox are even more worried about the chip in the cards than Protestants are, at least in my observations anyway. American Protestants tend to say that real ID is only a precursor of a mark while the actual mark will be inserted into your right hand or forehead. On the other hand the Orthodox from Russia are saying real ID is already a mark. I am not sure though if this difference of opinion is due to difference between denominations (Protestant versus Orthodox) or between countries (America versus Russia).

Interesting.

I do know among some Evangelicals and Pentecostals they thought the barcode would be it in the 80s and 90s. As for my comment on them I respect the monasteries and their asceticism (not to discount Catholics but this seems to be a dying thing), and from the few I have on my Facebook they seem like they put more thought into their views on things. This is not to say I am going to jump back into faith (especially with differences between growing up and some of what they taught), but merely if I had to choose the closest to the original interpretation, I would probably bet on them. Also among many protestants theology (studying what came before you) is deeply discouraged, which is something else that is icing on the cake in terms of the issues I have with modern Christianity. Sorry did not mean to turn this into a discussion about them, but compared to many churches I still have a modicum of respect for them.