How you see your self vs how others see you

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Cloudman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2019, 10:07 am

I see myself as a strategic conversationalist however others think that I just don’t talk much. Also I can focus more looking away from people.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 10:19 am

My own perception of myself matches what most people around me in real life thinks; which itself inconsistent. :lol:

... For now. :twisted:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

GonHunter
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Oct 2019, 10:22 am

I see myself as someone who's out of the shoal. Others are losers who need approval from others to feel less inadequate.

Cloudman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2019, 10:34 am

GonHunter wrote:
I see myself as someone who's out of the shoal. Others are losers who need approval from others to feel less inadequate.
I see so others may view you as arrogant or self centered when in reality you are just self reliant

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 10:52 am

I see myself as a Wolfman; others agree with that assessment.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 11:36 am

I see myself as determined and perseverent, while others see me as lazy and not caring. This is because others only see that I fail at things, they don't see how hard I tried just to fail.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Oct 2019, 12:23 pm

I have an impression that how others see me tells a lot more about themselves than about me.
The ways people perceive me vary enormously and people are often completely wrong about me but they give out about their own insecurities.
As an example - I don't naturally recognize social pecking orders. Several times it got me accused of being greedy for power - by people who, to my evaluation, had that issue themselves.
I don't neatly fit any well-defined drawer (not even the autistic one), so people incapable of seeing others as individuals spit the wildest judgements about me.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 4:37 pm

I see myself as struggling/failing in many aspects in life. The main being social and physical.

However after filtering events through others it appears people want to speak to me (who I accidentally ignore) and I have never looked how I think I do.

It's all very confusing.

Irimias
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2019, 9:54 pm

I don't know how others see me but i feel unlikable towards most people.

harry12345
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2019, 10:10 am

Before I left my job I suspect that many managers thought I was demanding to be treated differently.

The irony was, and it was their loss really, that I was demanding to be treated the same. If my colleague has to do 10x units of work please may I have 10x units of work and not the 5x that I am being given.

May be they didn't like me being demanding, but since that followed hinting, suggesting, requesting, pleading and requiring, I don't think there was much more I could do.

You just can't help some managers....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

JD12345
Toucan
Toucan

13 Oct 2019, 10:17 am

Many of history's great geniuses were self-doubting and lacking in confidence, even though others felt very differently.

Cloudman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2019, 7:58 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
My own perception of myself matches what most people around me in real life thinks; which itself inconsistent. :lol:

... For now. :twisted:
I see interesting you have a constantly changing self perception I guess we all do in some like if I do something good I see myself differently then screwing up

Cloudman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2019, 8:00 pm

[quote="kraftiekortie"]I see myself as a Wolfman; others agree with that assessment.[/quote 8)

Cloudman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2019, 8:03 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I see myself as determined and perseverent, while others see me as lazy and not caring. This is because others only see that I fail at things, they don't see how hard I tried just to fail.

I see that sucks I understand this myself I usually ignore the failures and people who don’t support me. I feel like if you live out your self image you will be more successful

Cloudman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2019, 8:08 pm

magz wrote:
I have an impression that how others see me tells a lot more about themselves than about me.
The ways people perceive me vary enormously and people are often completely wrong about me but they give out about their own insecurities.
As an example - I don't naturally recognize social pecking orders. Several times it got me accused of being greedy for power - by people who, to my evaluation, had that issue themselves.
I don't neatly fit any well-defined drawer (not even the autistic one), so people incapable of seeing others as individuals spit the wildest judgements about me.

Your right people usually just have some feeling in themselves which make them see you a certain way we are all individuals who must be judged as such rather than assumptions and preconceived notions

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 10:37 pm

Lately I have been learning that I see myself in a bit more of a harsh light than other people do.