Woman shot in her own home by the police

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 8:13 am

A black woman was shot and killed by a white Fort Worth,TX police officer in her own home.

Her neighbor called dispatch to report that her front door was open police said.The officers were searching the perimeter of the womans home when they saw a person standing near a window and one of them opened fire,killing her police said.

She was indentified as 28 year old Atatiana Koquice Jefferson,police have not named the officer that shot her.

CNN.com does this story sound familiar

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 10:12 am

The subtle ethnic cleansing of America continues.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 11:25 am

"The officers then walked around the home and into the dark holding a flashlight. At some point, one of them quickly approached a window with his weapon drawn."

"Within seconds, the officer yelled, “Put your hands up! Show me your hands!” and fired through the window. The officer did not appear to identify himself as police before firing his weapon."
https://fox6now.com/2019/10/12/woman-sh ... -own-home/

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 12:23 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
"The officers then walked around the home and into the dark holding a flashlight. At some point, one of them quickly approached a window with his weapon drawn."

"Within seconds, the officer yelled, “Put your hands up! Show me your hands!” and fired through the window. The officer did not appear to identify himself as police before firing his weapon."
Thats exactly right very much like another Texas police shooting in a citizens home.This shooting I think is worse because from what know so far,the cop knew where he was and was not disorientated.
He just shot her without indentifying himself,at least he said put up your hands but he never said he was a cop.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 3:11 pm

Police deny what is an obvious fact: they see African Americans as the enemy, and not as citizens in need of protection.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 7:00 pm

Anybody who isn't a white, straight, cis, non-disabled, Christian male should be above the law, and it should be illegal to even criticize them.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 7:38 pm

I think this story will be big and will blow up much more than the other ones. It's going to have a real impact on our politics, far exceeding the others.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 10:18 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

Just like Amber Guyger. Whatever happened to "THIS IS THE POLICE"?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 3:38 am

Seriously? They march in to someone's home and then shoot the person living there?

People who actually know about the law regarding stuff like this: what will happen to the police officer who fired the shot?

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 3:44 am

US police continue their proud tradition of staggering incompetence.

I'm just waiting for the time someone shoots a police officer like Guyger or this guy in self-defense after they barge into their home brandishing a gun.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 3:47 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
US police continue their proud tradition of staggering incompetence.

I'm just waiting for the time someone shoots a police officer like Guyger or this guy in self-defense after they barge into their home brandishing a gun.

It's happened, lots of times:

Quote:
On Dec. 19, 2013, Texan Henry Goedrich Magee shot and killed an officer entering his home with a no-knock warrant. He said he thought he was being burglarized and the grand jury decided that was a reasonable assumption. They decided against indicting him, on the shooting, anyway, though Magee did spend 18 months in jail on a marijuana charge.

On the other hand, in a similar case, Marvin Guy of Texas is still awaiting trial more than four years after a no-knock raid resulted in an officer’s death.

Cory Maye of Mississippi spent 10 years on death row for killing a police officer during a drug raid on his home before a plea deal reduced the charge to manslaughter and time served in 2014. Maye had claimed he was defending his young daughter against what he believed was an attack on his home.

Ray Rosas – who wasn’t even the target of the raid and didn’t kill the police officers he shot – spent two years in jail, mostly in solitary confinement, awaiting trial before he was acquitted. His elderly mother was removed from his care and he lost his family home.

https://thecrimereport.org/2019/06/10/i ... st-police/

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 4:15 am

At least there was a warrant in those cases, if nothing else. Guyger just barged into her neighbours apartment and shot him dead after she mistook what floor she was actually on, failed to identify herself and, presumably, failed to call it in because had she done so she would've been told to wait for backup and a sane person might at some point have identified the apartment as not actually being hers...

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 4:21 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
At least there was a warrant in those cases, if nothing else. Guyger just barged into her neighbours apartment and shot him dead after she mistook what floor she was actually on, failed to identify herself and, presumably, failed to call it in because had she done so she would've been told to wait for backup and a sane person might at some point have identified the apartment as not actually being hers...

There actually was one incident where the cops raided the wrong home and were shot by the homeowner (both survived). Fortunately, the police here admitted fault and didn't charge the homeowner:

https://thinkprogress.org/man-shot-offi ... af358103c/

There are probably more I don't know about.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 5:03 am

beneficii wrote:
I think this story will be big and will blow up much more than the other ones. It's going to have a real impact on our politics, far exceeding the others.

Why?

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 12:20 pm

It has been reported that the 8 year old nephew of Atatiana Jefferson watched as his aunt was shot and killed.The community has outcried for the arrest of the officer who shot her.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 1:32 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
It has been reported that the 8 year old nephew of Atatiana Jefferson watched as his aunt was shot and killed.The community has outcried for the arrest of the officer who shot her.

He hasn't even been arrested yet?