Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 3:00 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I'll give you Tyson, but I question how far back he or anyone else thought we should have such a thing as a space force.

In less than 90 seconds of that video Tyson says when he came up with the idea of a space force.

Yet Republicans refuse to give Al Gore credit for inventing the internet. :P

Tyson did not invent a space force, but he did propose it in 2001 when he was part of a presidential commission that consisted of generals, politicians and aerospace engineers. They decided that at the time the Air Force was sufficiently covering space, however a seperate space force branch would probably be needed in the near future. This is certainly the case considering our growing dependency on satellites. And now we also have the military coming forward in an offcial capacity with confirmed sightings of very strange craft wizzing around maneuvering beyond the limits of current technology.

Then Trump should have asked Tyson to present the idea, instead of doing it personally so that it sounded stupid.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 9:10 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I'll give you Tyson, but I question how far back he or anyone else thought we should have such a thing as a space force.

In less than 90 seconds of that video Tyson says when he came up with the idea of a space force.

Yet Republicans refuse to give Al Gore credit for inventing the internet. :P

Tyson did not invent a space force, but he did propose it in 2001 when he was part of a presidential commission that consisted of generals, politicians and aerospace engineers. They decided that at the time the Air Force was sufficiently covering space, however a seperate space force branch would probably be needed in the near future. This is certainly the case considering our growing dependency on satellites. And now we also have the military coming forward in an offcial capacity with confirmed sightings of very strange craft wizzing around maneuvering beyond the limits of current technology.

Then Trump should have asked Tyson to present the idea, instead of doing it personally so that it sounded stupid.

You could listen to the first 90 seconds of the video to find out what Tyson has to say about that.