Favorite strong leading ladies in movies/TV?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 9:31 am

Who are some of your favorite strong leading ladies in movies and TV shows and why?

Here are some of my choices:

Scarlett O'hara from Gone With the Wind. I just enjoy the fact that she had some serious flaws as a human being and yet she was a true survivor who did whatever it took to rebuild her life after losing everything after the American Civil War.

Grace from The Others. In some ways she reminded me of Scarlett from GWTW. An tough woman looking after her family while her husband was fighting in World War 2 and she kept a shotgun out of fear that the Nazis occupying her country would invade her house. I dunno, I guess I have a thing for women protecting their families and communities while the men are off fighting during times of war. 8)

Sarah from the zombie movie Day of the Dead. The only female survivor during a zombie apocalypse that took over the world. She was a scientist who was not afraid to use a gun or stand up to the as*hole sexist soldiers who harassed her for being a woman, and yet she had her own flaws and vulnerabilities that kept her from being too perfect like a 'Mary Sue'. Also as the actor who portrayed Steel said, her name was the same as the "Mother of all Nations" in the bible (the wife of Abraham), so metaphorically the survival of the human race counted on this last woman staying alive to maybe repopulate more survivors.

Dorothy, Rose, Blanche, and Sophia from The Golden Girls. These old broads always stuck together through the worse and the best of times. They were mouthy and didn't take crap from people, and yet they were all full of compassion.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 12:09 pm

Scully of the X-Files

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 12:15 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Scully of the X-Files

I could never watch that show because the music alone scared me as a kid. :lol: :oops:

Donald Morton
Toucan
Toucan

16 Oct 2019, 12:40 pm

One of the first strong female leads: Rosalind Russell

His Girl Friday w/ Cary Grant

Auntie Mame

Then there's Barbara Streisand and perhaps the best, Katherine Hepburn.

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 12:45 pm

Even though I don't really like the show itself, I really enjoyed the bits with Lady Olenna from Game of Thrones. She was such a badass old queen. :queen:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 11:04 pm

Danni, the Mother of Dragons, of Game Of Thrones.
Wonder Woman of Wonder Woman.
Ellen Ripley of Alien, and its sequels.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 11:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

I liked her at first but really hated her for what she did to King's Landing in the end. She deserved better written ending...

But Olenna on the other hand. She died like a boss! 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 11:13 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I liked her at first but really hated her for what she did to King's Landing in the end. She deserved better written ending...

Agreed.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2019, 7:27 am

I also liked Wednesday Addams from The Addams Family (90's movies). She didn't take crap from anybody.

RiceCripsyTreat
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Nov 2019, 5:56 pm

Darlene from Roseanne the orginal Roseanne I always loved how strong and snarky she was. Also Veronica from the Heathers. And Nana from Nana the goth Nana. Yeah that's an anime.

I know the show is called Roseanne but Darlene was such a main character and a main focus for majority episodes.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2019, 1:17 am

Irene Dunne
Sarah Connor from the Terminator movies
I'm sure there are others that I can't think of right now.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2019, 10:13 pm

Alita from Alita: Battle Angel is adorable and yet a major badass all at once. I want a sequel to that movie soo bad!! !

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2019, 10:21 pm

rosalind cash's character in "the omega man."

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2019, 10:37 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Idk for what she did I think it was a good ending, and I like how the dragon was more angry at the throne itself than it was at john snow for killing her. For a minute I was angry and thought John snow had been corrupted by her, but I was so glad when it ended up being a farce and he killed her. And I really liked her character but after what she finally did to kings landing....I mean it was disgusting, they surrendered and she still blasted them with dragonfire. So I feel she got a fair death.

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2019, 8:32 pm

Jessica Fletcher (Angela Lansbury) from Murder She Wrote, Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) from the original Halloween, Princess Sally (Kath Soucie) from the Sonic the Hedgehog SatAM series, Selena Kyle (Michelle Pfeiffer) from Batman Returns, Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton) from Terminator, and most of the major female characters in Cardcaptor Sakura.

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2019, 12:34 pm

Went to Dortmund con last weekend , met Sydney & Megan from Melrose and Brenda Strong from Seinfeld and Dallas 2.0.....yanks can meet these all the time but for me this was kind of a big deal