Artificial Intelligence (AI) cannot sense context.......yet.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 3:08 pm

Most notably, AI TECH. grasping context would be of help in flagging fake news. AI TECH. might also serve as adaptive / assistive tools to guide people on the Autism Spectrum.

RELATED: Here on WP, how might AI algorithms discern the context from thought analyzing WP content? Might AI help clarify the sometimes confusing WP content?

Story: 'Contextual AI: The Next Frontier'
https://thyaguai.blogspot.com/2019/07/c ... er-of.html

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2019, 4:51 am

What aspects of Wrongplanet content do you find "confusing"?

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2019, 2:06 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
What aspects of Wrongplanet content do you find "confusing"?

By the very nature of the Autism Spectrum, confusion is natural - as well as efforts to clarify confusion.

Eternal_Enigma
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Oct 2019, 2:17 pm

What I actually have found helpful but sounds a bit cliche is the use of flow charts. This helps in conversation and decisions. For me i'm very indecisive so if there is something that can help me determine a possible outcome scientifically then I am all for it. But, yeah conditional statements go a long way in this these types of scenarios.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 3:25 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Most notably, AI TECH. grasping context would be of help in flagging fake news. AI TECH. might also serve as adaptive / assistive tools to guide people on the Autism Spectrum.

RELATED: Here on WP, how might AI algorithms discern the context from thought analyzing WP content? Might AI help clarify the sometimes confusing WP content?

CLARIFICATION: From: RELATED: Here on WP, how might AI algorithms analyze WP content; in order to clarify the sometimes confusing WP landscape - and hence, shape experiences here on WP?

Eternal_Enigma

03 Nov 2019, 2:30 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
JustFoundHere wrote:

CLARIFICATION: From: RELATED: Here on WP, how might AI algorithms analyze WP content; in order to clarify the sometimes confusing WP landscape - and hence, shape experiences here on WP?

I am rather new so I am not sure what you are referring to when you say confusing WP landscape, shape experiences? Well AI would, if I am understanding what you mean would determine using an algorithm of some sort to decipher the text. I would need to hear more details in order to thoroughly give concrete ideas. But, say someone is typing something and then goes to BOLD lettering the algorithm would determine in this context that a)the person is being aggressive or yelling b) making a strong statement. Not sure if that helps at all.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2019, 6:59 am

I think we'll likely continue to grapple with this one and have it increasingly brought to our attention, at each point along the way, just how poor our grasp is on what either competence or comprehension actually are when we're trying to embed them in machines or software. It's one thing to transfer a sort of artificial template of competence directly from a person to a machine (depending on how well they engineer it for what variety of problem sets), neural networks seem to suggest at least that with some degree of coaching some level of pattern recognition is possible but even so it seems quite narrow and brittle for the time being and may very well stay that way for decades to come.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin