Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Weirdness
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Oct 2019, 12:57 pm

I've a situation in my life which so highlights how intensely I loathe injustice, no matter the size... I had two bills recently, one was about 50x bigger than the other... but, besides the initial shock of the amount I reasoned that I could have used as much over time, i.e. mostly justified... the other, despite being a ludicrous amount (in comparison) is something that comes up only as part of the most rampant, rapacious capitalism that I'd call extremist if only the amount wasn't so relatively small... surely, even if one's entire farm is taken in a communist redistribution (if it's really shared among many) it's not as unjust as some monolithic organization creating an amount out of thin air that has no correlate with any reality of anything 'consumed' that goes to the largest shareholders. Surely, this is daylight robbery, practically.

And so, I resolved that even if in the end I end up paying more, I need to see the ugly face of this world tell me personally that it's unjust and capitalism creates legal criminality.

I've always hated injustice, ever since at eight I heard someone say they drank some soup when I saw them throw it in the drain. Trivial, but still deceit.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2019, 9:34 pm

Weirdness wrote:
I've a situation in my life which so highlights how intensely I loathe injustice, no matter the size... I had two bills recently, one was about 50x bigger than the other... but, besides the initial shock of the amount I reasoned that I could have used as much over time, i.e. mostly justified... the other, despite being a ludicrous amount (in comparison) is something that comes up only as part of the most rampant, rapacious capitalism that I'd call extremist if only the amount wasn't so relatively small... surely, even if one's entire farm is taken in a communist redistribution (if it's really shared among many) it's not as unjust as some monolithic organization creating an amount out of thin air that has no correlate with any reality of anything 'consumed' that goes to the largest shareholders. Surely, this is daylight robbery, practically.

And so, I resolved that even if in the end I end up paying more, I need to see the ugly face of this world tell me personally that it's unjust and capitalism creates legal criminality.

I've always hated injustice, ever since at eight I heard someone say they drank some soup when I saw them throw it in the drain. Trivial, but still deceit.

Injustice is one of the few things that will make me break the rules I am oh so fond of. When I was in primary school I would openly tell teachers I knew when they were lying and when what they said was unfair. It got me in a lot of trouble (few teachers enjoy a small child picking what they say apart in front of the rest of the class) but luckily I was usually a very good students so they all still liked me. Now I'm angry about so many injustices in the world and how hypocritical people are. It is very, very stressful.

timf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 10:06 am

There is a view of humans that even predates the Italian Humanists (whose influence was the foundation for the historical period of so-called enlightenment). This view assumes that human nature is noble and if not perfect, then perfectible. This then translates to frustrated expectations when one encounters actual people who all too often show there is a defect in human nature that manifests in all sorts of injustice.

What we have inherited is a liberal political philosophy that is essentially Christianity with Christ removed. People are inculcated into an expectation of man's nobility and a sort of an expectation of an achievable paradise. There is an expectation that people will "do good" with no other reason than they they "should".

When reality exposes the errors of these assumptions, it can be maddening and frustrating. If one is unable to sustain an insulating cocoon where reality cannot intrude, then one is faced with three options.

1. Kill all the bad people. This options has some problems. If you kill all the people on earth worse than yourself, you will be the most evil person on earth and someone will kill you. Limited time and ammunition. By killing others, you become a "bad" person.

2. Hide in the woods. One can try to avoid all the bad people. However, living off the land is does not offer much of a life and is almost impossible in this modern age.

3. Trust that a just God will sort out all of the evil in the world. Many people deeply hate even the idea of God. However, for those who can take this option, there is relief in that one does not feel the weight of responsibility for running or fixing the universe on his shoulders.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 10:46 am

^^^ So you see this as a philosophical problem that affect all people in the same manner, NT and ND alike?

I think that aspies have a tougher time reconciling what should be with what is. I still think people always tell the truth and it still is a shock to me to learn someone lied. I am learning, however, and it is not quite the shock it once was. :D

I think aspies tend to have a higher moral standards, something to do with aspies liking rules and order and following rules. I used to think I was special because I had high moral standards, since learning I am an aspie two years ago, I learned it is just because I am ND.

Like the OP, it bothers me when things aren't done by the rules. I have learned to pick my battles, at least some of the time, so I am not tilting at windmills. I try to save my energy for fighting injustices to the important ones in my life.

Agustin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Oct 2019, 1:28 pm

I hate injustice as well. I have an extreme belief where I strongly think that a world with any injustice, is a world with no justice. Capitalism really does breed legal criminality, and is basically the only system that works more or less, all the other ones largely fail unfortunately. I feel that all I do is work just to pay bills and taxes. Everything else is condemned: My passions, my health, my fixated interest, and my care towards generosity.

So, I keep to myself often and live a mildly reclusive life, because exposing myself to further social ridicule and anything else that costs unnecessary money is not an option.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2019, 1:13 am

Weirdness wrote:

I guess you are happy you found a cure for that allergy, huh? And a guy saying he drank soup he poured down a sink was deceitful, but we don't have any idea about the soup, his intent, or the circumstance. And HOW was it unjust? A "communist redistribution"? BY ITS NATURE it's unjust. as for the two bills? AGAIN, no info!?