How to have private conversations when guests visit?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2019, 6:14 pm

I’m living in college right now. When I go home, I need to discuss something privately with my mother. However, my grandparents will stay in our house for the next 6 months 8O and I cannot wait 6 months.

My mother is always with my grandparents because they don’t know English or how to use any technology. Edit: I forgot to mention also one is blind and the other is losing cognitive functions. I can’t speak privately on the phone because of this. They probably will want to spend a lot of time with me too when I go home.

How can I discuss something privately with my mother? It’s not something bad. If they find out, it’s not the end of the world, but I would really prefer to keep it between me and my mother.

Right now, all I can think of is after they go to bed, but I don’t know their sleeping schedules.

Last edited by 248RPA on 25 Oct 2019, 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2019, 6:21 pm

Say to your mother, "May I speak with you privately?" and go somewhere away from your grandparents, in another room or outside.
Although I'm sure your mother won't be with your grandparents every second of the day.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2019, 6:46 pm

Raleigh wrote:
I'm sure your mother won't be with your grandparents every second of the day.

I forgot to mention one is blind and the other is losing cognitive functions. Nobody is telling me what they plan to do. But even if it’s not every second of the day, I think it will be pretty often.