Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Davide_Gargiulo97
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Oct 2019, 3:58 pm

Good Evening! My name is Davide Gargiulo, 21 years old from Naples, Italy. Diagnosed Aspergers (back when the term was still medically applicable) at the age of 8. Started talking at 5 years old and at 7 I was already translating them english t-shirts slogans. This isn't myy first time messaging in a forum like this, but it HAS ben a pretty damn long time since then, and I would like to start off clean :D .

Special Interests: 1970s Progressive Rock music, Motorcycle riding (and go-kart driving);
the works of Carl Gustav Jung (this one's pretty recent), the kurdish revolution of Rojava (mainly its
Democratic Confederalism)

Advantages: I'm a great abstract thinker, I can mask my way into most social situation just fine for a few hours and i'm also a hard worker when the time is right :)

Disadvantages: I never really grew up with a special talent/interest in mind; most of the stuff I like was an acquired taste (Mainly to combat my precarious living condition and to survive within my messed up family life and societal situation within my living quarters), this means that i'm unable to stick with a proper schedule for more than 3 months before something else gets introduced to me and overwrite everything else (As of now i'm trying to balance a few things out, since one day I REALLY want to get a motorcycle license and a bike of my own! Sadly, i'm unemployed)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 4:07 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 4:52 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 9:05 am

Hi Davide. Welcome to wrong planet. I find Carl Jungs ideas really interesting - part genius, part crack pot, but mostly genius.

GoldenMom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Oct 2019, 2:23 pm

Welcome!! ! Hope you enjoy WP as much as I do.

Diagnosed with ASD Level 1 on 10/28/19 (Better late than never)

Mom to 9 y/o boy diagnosed with ASD and ADHD on 11/15/19

Peta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Nov 2019, 4:32 am

Hello

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2019, 7:18 pm

Hi Davide and welcome :)! So good to have you with us! I visited Italy this year for the first time, and it was all I'd hoped it would be! What is life like for you in Naples? I wish you all the best in finding employment(any specific field tugging at your heartstrings?). I see you quite like mororcycles. I have enjoyed being on the back of one, and managed to bring back one of your Vespas(in miniature form for my desk :P!) While life sounds quite precarious for you, I hope it is treating you kindly, and that things improve for you over the coming months. Hope you enjoy WP! We used to have a lovely fellow from Italy on WP named Paolo(I miss you Paolo ... come back. He was a prolific and poetic writer!)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2019, 8:44 pm

Hi and welcome.

Davide_Gargiulo97
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Nov 2019, 3:34 pm

Juliette wrote:
Hi Davide and welcome :)! So good to have you with us! I visited Italy this year for the first time, and it was all I'd hoped it would be! What is life like for you in Naples? I wish you all the best in finding employment(any specific field tugging at your heartstrings?). I see you quite like mororcycles. I have enjoyed being on the back of one, and managed to bring back one of your Vespas(in miniature form for my desk :P!) While life sounds quite precarious for you, I hope it is treating you kindly, and that things improve for you over the coming months. Hope you enjoy WP! We used to have a lovely fellow from Italy on WP named Paolo(I miss you Paolo ... come back. He was a prolific and poetic writer!)

Thank you for the welcome! I've been treating myself well these past few months, just yesterday I discovered a totally free, open-source based Tactical RPG game called Battle For Wesnoth. Not quite Fire Emblem (You certainly need to sacrifice some troops and bunker up your general so you can recruit some more meat) but it's highly custimizable do to it being Open Source
It's been in development since 2003, and just two years ago it went on to Steam as well.

It also has a surprisingly active moddding and multiplayer community, and everyone in the Discord server seems pretty polite (par from the course in regards to niche - yet longstanding - games of this type).

I'm also reading Words Of Radiance, the second book of Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive series.

It's basically what I was looking for ever since I discovered both Jung and the Fantasy genre, a piece of work that integrates the basic notions of the unconcious and its archetypes into its magic system (mainly thanks to these "Spren", figures of light that rappresent the ideals of mankind into the physical world), the story and characters are also incredibly well written.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 4:25 pm

Great to hear! Battle for Wesnoth ... not heard of that one ... sounds like it could be good! :heart: Steam! Nothin’ beats a good, well written fantasy genre book! Certainly got alot of those in my study! Very glad to hear you’re keeping busy and you sound happy! I’m trying to divide my time between too many interests :P. Have had to drop a couple of creative interests just to maintain the sociable aspects of writing to people ... I’ve gone from self-isolating, and just work, work, work, to enjoying “people” for a change, strangely :lol: ... Good to hear from you!

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2019, 8:20 pm

Welcome. I'm a good abstract thinker too