Are there young Earth creationists who believe in evolution?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 6:52 pm

Are there young Earth creationists who believe in evolution however believing evolution started only 6000 years ago?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 6:54 pm

I doubt it very much.

Evolution just doesn't go that fast!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 7:20 pm

Selective breeding is one form of “guided” evolution.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 7:21 pm

True....but I believe he was talking more about "natural" evolution.

The original "corn" was probably 1/20th the size of the corn which grows today. That's an example of what you are saying.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 8:06 pm

The short answer is no. They don't believe in evolution via natural selection. Nor could they if they also really believe that the planet is only six thousand, or ten thousand years old.

But if you get into vigorous discussions with them then they reveal a lot of double think.

For example they weil tell you that Noah and his companions left the ark after the flood and repopulated the world. And you ask them why don't American Indians and Australian Abos look like Middle Eastern people they will say "they evolved to look different...SILLY!". Evolved at an even faster clip than "evolutionists" believe folks could evolve.

And they will say other things like "I believe in micro evolution but no macro evolution" which means "evolution within basic kinds" whatever that means. Something along the lines that zebras and horses both evolved from some common ancestral equine "basic kind". But even that is an admission that a lot of evolution has occurred.