Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 10:24 am

I cracked my cellphone screen yesterday. How can I fix it and how much do I need to save up?

I don't think my phone has a warranty. :(

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 10:28 am

is it an iphone?

i have one and my screen is all sorts of f****d up. but the people at apple will extort me if i take it to them.

no warranty either. :|

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 10:38 am

I think mine is an android. :(

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 11:43 am

You can order an new screen online (like ebay maybe) and watch any number of youtube videos showing how to remove the old screen and put the new one on.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 11:45 am

It depends on the cellphone.

It might cost $50. It might cost $150.

Or, like Ezra says, you can buy a new screen on Amazon or something, with an installation kit, and do it yourself, watching how to do it on YouTube.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 11:49 am

Amazon sells and unlocked Android cellphone for $65. Buy a new phone and move the sim card to the new phone. Just make sure it is compatible with your network.

Last edited by BTDT on 29 Oct 2019, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 11:50 am

Yep. You really could get a decent unlocked phone for that price. Not the best phones-----but useful.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 11:52 am

I believe Best Buy has those to at a good price.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 12:09 pm

I think im in a contract with this phone my mom bought for me. Im not sure If I could replace it?

Guh, I dont understand how these smart phones work! :oops:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 12:11 pm

It might not be a lost cause.

You can probably fix it if only the glass was broken.

If you look on a YouTube video, they have people who demonstrate how to put in new glass in cellphones.

If you have difficulty with that, then somebody could do it for you for a price. Maybe they might have ads in something like Craigslist or whatever.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 12:14 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It might not be a lost cause.

You can probably fix it if only the glass was broken.

If you look on a YouTube video, they have people who demonstrate how to put in new glass in cellphones.

If you have difficulty with that, then somebody could do it for you for a price. Maybe they might have ads in something like Craigslist or whatever.

I might can try that. :)

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 6:20 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
I think im in a contract with this phone my mom bought for me. Im not sure If I could replace it?

So long as you have a SIM card in your phone, and you buy an unlocked phone (meaning It can be used with any provider), you should be able to take your SIM card out of your old phone and put it in the new one, and start using the new one.

Your data, phone number, etc are all on your SIM card, so you can use any phone you put your SIM card in, so long as it is compatible with your provider (or unlocked). Do you know what model and brand your phone is?

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 6:22 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

So long as you have a SIM card in your phone, and you buy an unlocked phone (meaning It can be used with any provider), you should be able to take your SIM card out of your old phone and put it in the new one, and start using the new one.

Your data, phone number, etc are all on your SIM card, so you can use any phone you put your SIM card in, so long as it is compatible with your provider (or unlocked). Do you know what model and brand your phone is?

I honestly dont know. I think it's an android?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 7:31 pm

The paperwork from the cell phone company may have a brief description of your cell phone.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 9:39 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

I honestly dont know. I think it's an android?

Android is the operating system, not the model or brand. Like, my phone uses android as the operating system, the brand is Samsung, and the model is Samsing S10 5G. The only reason I ask is because if it's a good phone, it might be worthwhile to get it fixed, where if it's a cheaper phone, you might be better off just buying a new one. But then, if it's a good phone, it'll probably cost more to fix.

If your mom bought the phone/plan for you, then she probably knows what brand and model it is.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 2:21 pm

IMO, you should take it to the nearest cell phone store that is the provider for your cell phone services and explain as best as you can.