Facebook Takes Down Disinformation Network

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 2:27 pm

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/30/facebook-disinformation-network-russian-financier-061715

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 2:43 pm

Well, it's about time!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 3:02 pm

Facebook IS A DISINFORMATION NETWORK.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 3:18 pm

Seems like minimal effort to setup some new facebook pages.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 3:19 pm

Facebook is full of trolls and haters. I'll be glad when that website suffers the same fate as MySpace!

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 3:19 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Seems like minimal effort to setup some new facebook pages.

Facebook itself is a minimal effort.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 4:21 pm

This is just about censoring people and using the Russiagate hoax and failed joke Mueller investigation to do so. The US is really becoming like the Soviet Union.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 4:24 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
... The US is really becoming like the Soviet Union.
You can thank Comrade Trump for that.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 4:32 pm

You don't get it. Russia now is not the Soviet Union it is the opposite. A capitalist society and a country that had to fall to rise again. Trump is irrelevant. It's the security state, which is a cancer.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 4:35 pm

Old news. America has been a Nanny state since FDR and J.Edgar Hoover. Only recently has the "Nanny" acquired the means to keep track of all its citizens 24/7 and mutate into a Security State. It was inevitable.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 4:42 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
You don't get it. Russia now is not the Soviet Union it is the opposite. A capitalist society and a country that had to fall to rise again. Trump is irrelevant. It's the security state, which is a cancer.

we're headed somewhere different, and in some respects worse, than the SU. total control via total observation. at least in the soviet union, you had some moments of secrecy, or you were so low-level no one cared. Digital surveillance is different. Look at china, where they praise the social credit score for reducing crime and improving citizen's behaviour.

in the meantime: there's a great book on moden russia "nothing is true and everything is possible", which describes the kremlin's strategy of flooding the networks with contradictory news about everything, including the government (both positive and negative news, but most of it random and fake). the result is that it's become impossible to tell what's real, who's behind anything- and in the meantime, kremlin and friends are doing shady deals and laundering money and throwing people in jail for laws they just made up - so no one knows what's legal and what will be a crime soon.

I'm afraid this post will come back to haunt me 20 years down the line.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 4:56 pm

shlaifu wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

we're headed somewhere different, and in some respects worse, than the SU. total control via total observation. at least in the soviet union, you had some moments of secrecy, or you were so low-level no one cared. Digital surveillance is different. Look at china, where they praise the social credit score for reducing crime and improving citizen's behaviour.

in the meantime: there's a great book on moden russia "nothing is true and everything is possible", which describes the kremlin's strategy of flooding the networks with contradictory news about everything, including the government (both positive and negative news, but most of it random and fake). the result is that it's become impossible to tell what's real, who's behind anything- and in the meantime, kremlin and friends are doing shady deals and laundering money and throwing people in jail for laws they just made up - so no one knows what's legal and what will be a crime soon.

I'm afraid this post will come back to haunt me 20 years down the line.

Pity. :(

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 5:29 pm

We need a revolution.