Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

wrapscallionn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Nov 2019, 6:45 pm

Hello, i am from south alabama, married to a wonderful adhd woman from the Land of Angles and Saxons, im a muscogee( creek) descendant, and my current obsession is writing country music.

I have misophonia also( cant stand people eating near me). I,have no friends, other,than my wife. I will sometimes ( what i call ) " chew" words, meaning, a word like spoon, ill go " sp..spoooo....spoooooon" cause it is a weirdo of a word. I tried to get a diagnosis a few years ago, doc said " at this age, what does it matter?".

Thanks for any replies.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 9:41 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2019, 6:19 am

Welcome

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2019, 2:49 pm

Hope you find you time here and experience here a good one.

where ever you go ,there you are

stevens2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Nov 2019, 6:19 pm

Well hi, you're not the only "geezer" here, although I guess at your age it's an honorary title so far.

I think you're doctor's response is representative of what happens to Aspies when they turn into adults. Lately, I have been searching around for adult support groups and things like that. I had no idea how rare they are, until I started looking. My daughter, on the other hand, attended one in the 1990's. For kids, they are everywhere. I wonder what they think happens to us, when we magically "age out."

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2019, 6:58 pm

Hi and a very warm welcome to you, wrapscallionn :)! One of these days, I'll make it to Alabama, I swear ... I was so close, in that I was in Georgia for a short while, on a crazy road trip once from New York, to Florida. Love the accent down that way! I'm an Aussie, though living in England now, and really have a thing for the US! I'm planning to return next year for another road trip. Hope you enjoy life and living where you are, and that you feel at home on WP in no time. 8)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2019, 7:46 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2019, 8:59 pm

Hi and welcome to Wrong Planet. :)

Peta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Nov 2019, 9:21 pm

Hello from Peta

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 1:42 pm

[quote="wrapscallionn"]Hello, i am from south alabama, married to a wonderful adhd woman from the Land of Angles and Saxons, im a muscogee( creek) descendant, and my current obsession is writing country music.

I have misophonia also( cant stand people eating near me). I,have no friends, other,than my wife. I will sometimes ( what i call ) " chew" words, meaning, a word like spoon, ill go " sp..spoooo....spoooooon" cause it is a weirdo of a word. I tried to get a diagnosis a few years ago, doc said " at this age, what does it matter?".

My little sister did that with words .. understand misophonia completely , did not know there was a word for it. Wondered if it was like a form of stimming
. Also Wonders if a word for people who dont like
People being too close. Physically, unless of course your situation is a special one . Then situation can go upside down. 《A smile and a hug is offered.》
Jeez Geezerhood ? .. here i am...? Too .
My icon for myself is good but needs all silver hair

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 1:55 pm

Hi and welcome to WP!

I've been diagnosed when I was older than you, but yeah, in practical terms it doesn't matter much. I have misophonia too - I can only eat with a small number of people civilised enough not to make noises 8O It can be a major pain in the arse and you can barely say anything as most people are very touchy about that kind of stuff.

Did you say spoons? This is a bit of an Aspie Bible around here (how to use your resources):

explained

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 2:32 pm

Peta wrote:
Hello from Peta

Hello back from Jakki . :)