What do you hate most about your own country?

Page 13 of 14 [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 10:33 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Prohibition wouldn’t pass in Utah.

Too many liberals in Salt Lake County.

Prohibition wouldn't pass anywhere in America, conservatives like to drink too.

Quote:
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of, and the solution to, all of life's problems." ~ Homer Simpson

But I'd wager quite a few conservatives would vote for anti-sodomy laws in order to restrain their own secret godless, man loving lust.

I don't know why that would need a vote. s**t and sex should not be synonymous for either orientation, it exposes all involved to bacteria. But, whatever floats a boat.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 12:23 am

Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Quote:
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of, and the solution to, all of life's problems." ~ Homer Simpson

But I'd wager quite a few conservatives would vote for anti-sodomy laws in order to restrain their own secret godless, man loving lust.

I don't know why that would need a vote. s**t and sex should not be synonymous for either orientation, it exposes all involved to bacteria. But, whatever floats a boat.

Because red states are notorious for trying to overturn LGBT gains in civil rights. And because those conservatives of gay or bisexual orientation have been induced to hating themselves and their sexuality by party and church, they often are the most vocal in demanding that anyone not straight be discriminated against, as they themselves hide in the closet. Hence the demand to vote on people's private lives.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 1:26 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Quote:

Because red states are notorious for trying to overturn LGBT gains in civil rights. And because those conservatives of gay or bisexual orientation have been induced to hating themselves and their sexuality by party and church, they often are the most vocal in demanding that anyone not straight be discriminated against, as they themselves hide in the closet. Hence the demand to vote on people's private lives.

Well, just do an inservice on bacterial UTI's in men and women, show pictures of rectums with HPV. Rectal gonorrhea, Hep C, HIV 1, rectal fissures, etc... And that ought to be enough to have both sexual orientations swear off rectal sex. Not to mention eventual incontinence and rectal prolapse... What people do in the confines of their own bedrooms is none of my beeswax. What marches into the STI or infectious disease section of the local health department, or CDC should be everybody's concern. It always finds a way outside the circles it began in because people are amoral. That's why HIV1 became an everyone virus. Gay men on the DL bringing it home to wives who get pregnant and pass it to children, people of both sexes and sexual orientations sharing needles. The timeline of the HIV1 epidemic is fascinating, but scary.

Whatever anyone is, it's their business. But in my opinion and professional experience, rectal sex should be avoided. Even with strict use of condoms, there will eventually be structural breakdown.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 1:41 am

Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Quote:

Well, just do an inservice on bacterial UTI's in men and women, show pictures of rectums with HPV. Rectal gonorrhea, Hep C, HIV 1, rectal fissures, etc... And that ought to be enough to have both sexual orientations swear off rectal sex. Not to mention eventual incontinence and rectal prolapse... What people do in the confines of their own bedrooms is none of my beeswax. What marches into the STI or infectious disease section of the local health department, or CDC should be everybody's concern. It always finds a way outside the circles it began in because people are amoral. That's why HIV1 became an everyone virus. Gay men on the DL bringing it home to wives who get pregnant and pass it to children, people of both sexes and sexual orientations sharing needles. The timeline of the HIV1 epidemic is fascinating, but scary.

Whatever anyone is, it's their business. But in my opinion and professional experience, rectal sex should be avoided. Even with strict use of condoms, there will eventually be structural breakdown.

I doubt the primary motivation for homophobia has any legitimate medical concerns, but with bigotry.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 1:42 am

Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Quote:

I doubt the primary motivation for homophobia has any legitimate medical concerns, but with bigotry straight out of the right allegedly defending our traditional values.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 2:33 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Quote:

I doubt the primary motivation for homophobia has any legitimate medical concerns, but with bigotry straight out of the right allegedly defending our traditional values.

You could be right about that.

AugustD
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Nov 2019, 3:03 am

Being an immigrant I consider myself both Dutch and Kiwi. Therefore a couple of annoying things re both countries.

Netherlands: Lack of government stimulation for immigrants to integrate.

New Zealand: Lack of government stimulation to protect the soil from toxic waste (e.g. batteries, oil)

traven
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 3:28 am

Netherlands: the pc"culture" of everything is equally right/wrong
& the people shallow and bragging and making promesses only for the feelgood-sake of it, i didn't know that for a long time- maybe its a city/urban thing ?
France, idk if i can call it "my" country,
but i never like the dutch-woke-brush of superiority insulting casually the local peasantry (there's several dutch woke-camps nearby, so that spills into the wild)
(you can leave your church but not your righteousnessness)

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Nov 2019, 4:04 am

What is "dutch woke"?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Metal Rat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Nov 2019, 8:01 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
So many WP members here from all around the world...

I'm sure we all have something we hate about our own countries.

Being an American, I think what I hate the most about my country is the fact that Americans have always thought of themselves as being so morally surperior to everyone else when it comes to every single war they were ever involved in.

But ask yourselves: who was the first and only country (so far) to drop an atomic bomb on civilians? When the world eventually gets destroyed by nuclear war Americans SHOULD get all the blame for introducing these kinds of weapons to the world!

In the long run America, you f****d the entire world over! :roll:

I hate the anti-German sentiment peddled by the US Media!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 9:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
We also had a party known as the "Know-Nothings" back in the 19th century.

Trump would have been a banner candidate for them.....

They were called "know nothings" because they were sworn to secrecy ( to say that they "know nothing" if authorities asked them about the doings of the party...like burning barns etc. Kinda like Fight Club). Not because they were considered educationally impaired. Though they may have been that too. :D

AugustD

14 Nov 2019, 8:52 pm

traven wrote:
Netherlands: the pc"culture" of everything is equally right/wrong
& the people shallow and bragging and making promesses only for the feelgood-sake of it, i didn't know that for a long time- maybe its a city/urban thing ?

From what I understood it was about what we hate about our own countries; not about what we hate from other countries' citizens. Let's not go there.

TW1ZTY wrote:
So many WP members here from all around the world...

I'm sure we all have something we hate about our own countries.

Laeril
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Nov 2019, 4:50 pm

My fellow white Americans tend to have a huge superiority complex. Think the country doesn't do anything wrong, hasn't done anything wrong, couldn't possibly do anything wrong. Yeah, the Native Americans, African Americans, Japanese-Americans in the '40s, anyone LGBT, anyone not Protestant, immigrants in general, and the environment would all like to have nice, long talk with you guys.

I used to be one of those people, mind you. Thought the USA was perfect. Extremely racist against undocumented Hispanic immigrants. Believed everything I saw on Fox News. I was the perfect little Republican as a teenager. Thank goodness I grew out of that.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 5:12 pm

Laeril wrote:
My fellow white Americans tend to have a huge superiority complex. Think the country doesn't do anything wrong, hasn't done anything wrong, couldn't possibly do anything wrong. Yeah, the Native Americans, African Americans, Japanese-Americans in the '40s, anyone LGBT, anyone not Protestant, immigrants in general, and the environment would all like to have nice, long talk with you guys.

I used to be one of those people, mind you. Thought the USA was perfect. Extremely racist against undocumented Hispanic immigrants. Believed everything I saw on Fox News. I was the perfect little Republican as a teenager. Thank goodness I grew out of that.

Government did those things. Most Americans are good people who mean well (white or Not). White people are being taught to hate themselves so some are now reacting to do the polar opposite.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

traven
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2019, 4:38 am

AugustD wrote:

From what I understood it was about what we hate about our own countries; not about what we hate from other countries' citizens. Let's not go there.

t'was my country, why wouldn't it be my country?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2019, 2:28 pm

If jusr one thing then I hate how one side is slowly stripping away our rights and freedoms and pushing to do it more all within praise of people “ yes take our rights make us peasants yay”
Freedom dies with cheers and praise, sad.