Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Yakuzamonroe
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2019, 1:24 pm

Does anyone have strange, vivid or, at times, wonderful dreams? I've been having a lot of them lately.

Last night, I dreamt I was riding Godzilla, or something Godzilla-like I suppose, and I was giving him orders like he was a pokemon. This was happening in a sunless, post-apocalyptic landscape, scorched by, what I'm assuming, were nuclear weapons giving that swimming-pool sized craters and carbon burns were one of its defining features. I think we were fighting like a red-colored Mecha Godzilla?

How about you guys? What kind of dreams do you have?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2019, 1:32 pm

Lately I've had a few dreams where I was with taking a car somewhere trip with video game characters like Pac-Man and Mario and maybe Sonic. And I was wearing blue overalls and a red shirt and I was able to jump and run just like Mario. :D

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2019, 3:54 pm

Yakuzamonroe wrote:
Does anyone have strange, vivid or, at times, wonderful dreams? I've been having a lot of them lately.

Last night, I dreamt I was riding Godzilla, or something Godzilla-like I suppose, and I was giving him orders like he was a pokemon. This was happening in a sunless, post-apocalyptic landscape, scorched by, what I'm assuming, were nuclear weapons giving that swimming-pool sized craters and carbon burns were one of its defining features. I think we were fighting like a red-colored Mecha Godzilla?

Strange that you mentioned this yesterday! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a crazy dream brain. I just contacted a dear friend (more like brother) from high school about the wild adventure of a dream I had yesterday morning! It is really long, but you are welcome to read it below:

The dream:
My sister abandoned me in a gas station parking lot (in an unfamiliar place), so I began walking, trying to find my way to anywhere. I came across an electrified wire fence with barbed wire on nuclear power plant land. Evan was trapped behind it. He told me that he had been a prisoner there for months-- and that people had been throwing him oranges and snacks so he could survive. Piles of food and wrappers were visible. A golden field stretched behind him, but I saw no sign of a power plant in the area. There were also 2 dogs at Evan's side, and he explained that the dogs had dug under the fence and that he had followed behind them in order to get them back. However, his way out had disappeared once he got inside the fence. While we were talking, one of the plant operators finally saw him (on hidden cameras) and released him.

We both were lost then, surrounded by dense forest and lots of small lakes. I didn't know how to get home and neither did Evan. Evan seemed to have super strength and the ability to materialize physical matter. I was able to morph my body on a cellular level: form wings to fly, stretch arms to reach things, etc. We suddenly found ourselves being chased down a dock by a lake (I'm not sure by what), and the dock began to disappear in front of us. Evan promptly materialized the wood planks (they looked slightly different from the original..more like shadows) so we avoided falling in the cold, dark (and likely dangerous) lake. The dock began disappearing more rapidly, to the point where Evan could not keep pace. I grew soft white wings, grabbed Evan by the arm, and flew us to a safer place.

Faith then appeared with us (she was a schoolteacher and had lost her paperwork in the water on the surface of lake). She seemed to have abilities of the mind, but I never saw them in action. I stretched my arms to get her paperwork, but it was a soaked mess. We tried to re-organize it to no avail.

Then we were all back on the run. We found the entrance to an underground maze, where we were all greeted by a strange man with a megaphone and a crowd waiting to watch an event (in which we were the unwilling participants). This was not your typical event involving trap avoidance and a race to the finish line. Real-world situations began to unfold before us. There was a small house or building on fire (it has been for some time), and we were tasked with searching the dangerous rubble for hidden fire extinguishers or ways to ameliorate the situation. We found extinguishers after a quick search (one broken and one that works), and then we found ourselves transported, staring at a hummingbird feeder of sorts...It was golden and pink, and for some reason it was spraying a cool mist over our faces. We were mesmerized, unable to break ourselves from its spell. The sunlight shone in through a window, and the droplets of mist reflected the rainbow in all directions. We basked.

Yakuzamonroe
Toucan
Toucan

06 Nov 2019, 5:30 pm

Flown wrote:
Yakuzamonroe wrote:

Strange that you mentioned this yesterday! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a crazy dream brain. I just contacted a dear friend (more like brother) from high school about the wild adventure of a dream I had yesterday morning! It is really long, but you are welcome to read it below:

The dream:
My sister abandoned me in a gas station parking lot (in an unfamiliar place), so I began walking, trying to find my way to anywhere. I came across an electrified wire fence with barbed wire on nuclear power plant land. Evan was trapped behind it. He told me that he had been a prisoner there for months-- and that people had been throwing him oranges and snacks so he could survive. Piles of food and wrappers were visible. A golden field stretched behind him, but I saw no sign of a power plant in the area. There were also 2 dogs at Evan's side, and he explained that the dogs had dug under the fence and that he had followed behind them in order to get them back. However, his way out had disappeared once he got inside the fence. While we were talking, one of the plant operators finally saw him (on hidden cameras) and released him.

We both were lost then, surrounded by dense forest and lots of small lakes. I didn't know how to get home and neither did Evan. Evan seemed to have super strength and the ability to materialize physical matter. I was able to morph my body on a cellular level: form wings to fly, stretch arms to reach things, etc. We suddenly found ourselves being chased down a dock by a lake (I'm not sure by what), and the dock began to disappear in front of us. Evan promptly materialized the wood planks (they looked slightly different from the original..more like shadows) so we avoided falling in the cold, dark (and likely dangerous) lake. The dock began disappearing more rapidly, to the point where Evan could not keep pace. I grew soft white wings, grabbed Evan by the arm, and flew us to a safer place.

Faith then appeared with us (she was a schoolteacher and had lost her paperwork in the water on the surface of lake). She seemed to have abilities of the mind, but I never saw them in action. I stretched my arms to get her paperwork, but it was a soaked mess. We tried to re-organize it to no avail.

Then we were all back on the run. We found the entrance to an underground maze, where we were all greeted by a strange man with a megaphone and a crowd waiting to watch an event (in which we were the unwilling participants). This was not your typical event involving trap avoidance and a race to the finish line. Real-world situations began to unfold before us. There was a small house or building on fire (it has been for some time), and we were tasked with searching the dangerous rubble for hidden fire extinguishers or ways to ameliorate the situation. We found extinguishers after a quick search (one broken and one that works), and then we found ourselves transported, staring at a hummingbird feeder of sorts...It was golden and pink, and for some reason it was spraying a cool mist over our faces. We were mesmerized, unable to break ourselves from its spell. The sunlight shone in through a window, and the droplets of mist reflected the rainbow in all directions. We basked.

I'm envious! I never get dreams with full narratives like that before. Well ... maybe once, but otherwise my vision of what's happening is effectively horror/action-movie depth where what's happening visibly is telling the story of what's going on. It's like my dreams are comic-book panels in live-action. You even got enough insight into what was happening to find out you had superpowers!

Another dream I had was also kinda weird. I was mouse-sized, for some reason, running around on my bed. Suddenly, HALF OF a relatively well-known boss monster from a popular series of action horror video games was chasing me around, dragging himself around using his claws ... at speed. It was like he was floating or something. The weirdest part was the air seemed to be made of some sort of gelatin and it seemed extra thick.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 6:26 pm

My favorite dreams are the ones where I get to fly on my own two wings, feeling the air holding me up and feeling muscles I don't even have in reality working to keep me aloft.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Yakuzamonroe
Toucan
Toucan

06 Nov 2019, 11:09 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
My favorite dreams are the ones where I get to fly on my own two wings, feeling the air holding me up and feeling muscles I don't even have in reality working to keep me aloft.

Once. I think I had a flying dream, like, once.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2019, 11:58 am

Yakuzamonroe wrote:
I'm envious! I never get dreams with full narratives like that before. Well ... maybe once, but otherwise my vision of what's happening is effectively horror/action-movie depth where what's happening visibly is telling the story of what's going on. It's like my dreams are comic-book panels in live-action. You even got enough insight into what was happening to find out you had superpowers!

Another dream I had was also kinda weird. I was mouse-sized, for some reason, running around on my bed. Suddenly, HALF OF a relatively well-known boss monster from a popular series of action horror video games was chasing me around, dragging himself around using his claws ... at speed. It was like he was floating or something. The weirdest part was the air seemed to be made of some sort of gelatin and it seemed extra thick.

No reason for envy! It can be a blessing and a curse. Nightmares can be very intense for me as well!

I find it interesting that you have a lot of monster action in your dreams :) Do you enjoy them? My husband loves when he has monster/horror dreams!

Yakuzamonroe
Toucan
Toucan

08 Nov 2019, 6:19 pm

Flown wrote:
Yakuzamonroe wrote:

No reason for envy! It can be a blessing and a curse. Nightmares can be very intense for me as well!

I find it interesting that you have a lot of monster action in your dreams :) Do you enjoy them? My husband loves when he has monster/horror dreams!

I kinda do! Sure, a lot of them seem abstract and, at the very least confusing, but honestly, it beats a dream version of C-Span or something significantly more mundane.

Any specific motif or theme for the monsters in your husband's dreams?

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Nov 2019, 7:26 am

I have a lot of dreams where I'm floating above the ground instead of walking. Animals that I'm holding in my dreams have turned into other things. In one dream I had, a turtle that was my pet became a pizza and was taken away from me for not being allowed in the country. In another dream, a bunny that was my son became a towel, and I was teaching him to walk up and down the stairs.

Dreams are like movies you watch with your eyes closed. I've always liked them and wanted to record them. :)

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 7:57 am

Yakuzamonroe wrote:
I kinda do! Sure, a lot of them seem abstract and, at the very least confusing, but honestly, it beats a dream version of C-Span or something significantly more mundane.

Any specific motif or theme for the monsters in your husband's dreams?

From what he has shared, mostly Chthulian themed ones (monsters of epic proportions hovering over cities and landscapes). He says they were much more vivid as a child, and he really misses that!

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 6:12 pm

I periodically have movie-theater dreams most commonly taking place as all-night screenings (even though I've never attended, nor intend to attend) all-night shows. Sometimes my roles are as an audience member, a participating preforming role in a movie, a third person observer, or a mix of all three in one dream.

A few times, a remarkable thing happens after the all-night movie show lets out. The content / settings of the movie replay live (in real-life) outside of the theater at daybreak - "talk-about a live encore!"

Another theme is difficulty finding where I had parked my car. One time, I had eventually found my car only to see the car morph-into another vehicle - all while being left with the feeling that this car may not be operable, and hearing Harry Nillson's 1972 song 'Without You' playing in the background. This song is still periodically heard on Pop-Music radio broadcasts.

* Has anybody ever had similar dreams?

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2019, 2:32 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
I periodically have movie-theater dreams most commonly taking place as all-night screenings (even though I've never attended, nor intend to attend) all-night shows. Sometimes my roles are as an audience member, a participating preforming role in a movie, a third person observer, or a mix of all three in one dream.

A few times, a remarkable thing happens after the all-night movie show lets out. The content / settings of the movie replay live (in real-life) outside of the theater at daybreak - "talk-about a live encore!"

Another theme is difficulty finding where I had parked my car. One time, I had eventually found my car only to see the car morph-into another vehicle - all while being left with the feeling that this car may not be operable, and hearing Harry Nillson's 1972 song 'Without You' playing in the background. This song is still periodically heard on Pop-Music radio broadcasts.

* Has anybody ever had similar dreams?

ADDENDUM on topic of dreams: During dreams involving dicey situations, I sometimes wake-up -hence ending the dream. In describing such dreams, I would mention, "I did a wise thing in this [said dicey dream].......I woke-up!"