Everyone deserves love! Everyone Worthy of Love

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2019, 9:58 pm

Has anyone ever been told that they're unworthy of love, due to physical or mental disabilities? illness?
Looks?

I believe that love is for everyone and yet,people have superficial ideas on what love is based on or whom deserves love or whom doesn't.

Oreillomon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Nov 2019, 6:30 pm

sorrowfairiewhisper wrote:
Has anyone ever been told that they're unworthy of love, due to physical or mental disabilities? illness?
Looks?

I believe that love is for everyone and yet,people have superficial ideas on what love is based on or whom deserves love or whom doesn't.

What do you suggest if we are desperate about that?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 5:13 am

Everybody is worthy of love.....except thrill murderers and sexual predators.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 9:59 am

Looks?

Even Hitler?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 11:09 am

Has anyone ever been told that they're unworthy of love, due to physical or mental disabilities? illness? Looks?

I think that some people feel unloved and try and look for a rationale reason of why this occurred. And sometimes they lock onto things like their physical disability, mental disability, illness or looks as a rationale explanation.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 5:31 pm

Unworthy of whose love? Of loving your own self? Your family's? Society's? God's?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 6:00 pm

Looks?

Yes

No women will date me :(
I’m
Worthless trash

Lely
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Nov 2019, 7:39 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Everybody is worthy of love.....except thrill murderers and sexual predators.

They are worthy of love too. Because there are people who love them and everyone can love who they love.

Ugly people and people with unpleasant character traits are loved too. Of course those traits make it harder and less likely to be loved.
You don't have to be "worthy" of love, you just have to find someone who feels that feeling for you. Not every human is loved. But it isn't a matter of being unworthy of love.

Lely
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Nov 2019, 7:47 am

sly279 wrote:
Looks?

Yes

No women will date me :(
I’m
Worthless trash

Women cannot decide if you are unworthy of love. For example if a woman "loves" you and then leaves you, does it change something about your worthiness of love? Does it turn you from loveable into unloveable? No, only from "loved" into "unloved". you are the same person and losing her "love" doesn't mean you lost worthiness.
If women don't feel attracted to you, then your pets, God, friends, parents, grandparents, siblings, ... might love you.

The romantic love is not proper love i.m.o.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2019, 9:11 am

Give love to get love. That's how it works.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2019, 9:28 am

Fnord wrote:

I love this

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Dec 2019, 9:09 am

I've been told I was too desperate & needy to deserve anyone.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2019, 11:50 am

People have told me that I did not deserve to be loved, but every one of them had a different reason.

Either all of their reasons were valid, or each person felt the need to make me feel bad in a different way.

Most have died since they last spoke to me, so their opinions no longer matter.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2019, 12:08 pm

In the vast majority of cases, such words would indicate that there’s a problem with the speaker, not the person the words are directed at.

It’s a truly awful thing to say to someone. It’s certainly inappropriate even amid the context of a fight. It’s especially important to be aware of what we’re saying when we’re upset because it’s so easy to say things that can’t be unsaid. Some people think that a fight should be some sort of free-for-all in which each person should be as nasty as possible - elementary/primary school behavior.

There’s no excuse for such hurtful words. Even if an individual is an awful person, it’s best just to walk away so as not to sink to that person’s level.

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2019, 5:43 pm

Fnord wrote:

+100.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2019, 12:55 am

You posted this in love and dating so Id assume you must be referring to romantic love.

It would be ideal if everybody received the love that they wanted, but to say that everybody deserves love puts the implication in my head that if there's a person that nobody wants to be with romantically, then that must be rectified, and if nobody voluntarily chooses to be romantically involved with that person, then somebody should somehow be forced to do so.

If I say that starving children deserve food, the implication is that we should ensure that starving children receive food, so for that usage to be consistently applied here, the interpretation is that we should ensure that everybody gets a romantic partner. If that's not the interpretation to be taken away, then I'm not sure what you could possibly be alluding to with the word 'deserve'.