Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Brivae
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Nov 2019, 9:26 pm

Does anyone have moments when they listen to one song over and over again? I haven’t ever made a playlist but if I do it would probably be a mix of all the songs I listen to.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 9:48 pm

Brivae wrote:
Does anyone have moments when they listen to one song over and over again? I haven’t ever made a playlist but if I do it would probably be a mix of all the songs I listen to.

Yes. Definately. Cyndi Lauper ... Change of Heart.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 9:49 pm

"Israelites," and "007 Shantytown" by Desmond Dekker and the Aces.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 10:16 pm

YES...

For a while it was "Spinning Song" by Mendelssohn...not really a real song as it was from his "songs without words."
It's been "Sailing Along" and "At Sundown" as piano solos, "These Bones Gwine Rise Again," early bluegrass, "Aunt Hagar's Blues," "Highways are Happy Ways," "Maple Leaf Rag," "Infanta March" banjo solo by Van Eps, "Down South" by B.A. Rolfe & the Palais d'Or Orchestra, "Yuppie Exodus from Dumbo" by Jed Davis & the Congregation of Vapors, "Serenade Melancholique" and "Valse" from Tchaikovsky played by Jascha Heifetz, "Tuxedo Junction" by Glenn Miller (cheated on that one, used a tape player.)

Having mostly records means a limited playlist but it's fine. I like a lot of Aspie-centric music with a repetitive melody & strong instrumentation. There are many, many more but this isn't the time to detail an entire record collection.

I used to wait until everyone was out-there was a big cabinet Victrola I put in my room at home. When you put on a good record and opened the little doors on the front it would fill the entire house with music. There were some Edison and Columbia phonographs too. All of them took a great deal of cranking to start, and all the 78rpm ones took a heavy diet of steel needles, but the cylinder-type Edisons and early Columbia could play with sapphire or diamond needles.

No bass--good music--Aspie heaven

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Nov 2019, 10:42 pm

Yes, I do that quite a bit. And another thing I like to do is listen to a song that has been performed by multiple artists and listen to them. Some of my favorites that have been covered by a lot of artists are:

Gentle on My Mind
Miller's Cave
MacArthur Park
Aquarius

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2019, 11:26 pm

Yes. I'm very prone to songs becoming "earworms". The same song can loop in my head for days or even specific parts of a song, like the intro.

This month the song: Life From A Window by The Jam has been in my head countless times. Like with my tinnitus, I try not to fixate on it and I just let songs that loop run their course. Fighting it only makes it worse or causes me anxiety.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2019, 12:38 pm

This has basically been me my entire life. I obsessively cycle through the same album/song for months, then move on to another one that I become obsessed with. I didn't make the "repetition and autism" connection until recently... haha. (:

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits