Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AugustD
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Nov 2019, 9:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I apologize for my misguided attempt at humor.

Maybe sometimes I don’t take things seriously enough.

Apologies accepted.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2019, 10:43 am

seems like there are quite a few New Zealanders here. B19 and Joe90 are both NZ I believe. Cyberdad talks a lot about politics in both Australia and NZ, so I loose track of which of the two countries he is from, but its one of the two.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2019, 5:54 pm

Joe90 is UK. Cyberdad is Aussie.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2019, 8:12 pm

Hi, I'm from Australia, You have a very beautiful country. I visited a few years ago. I didn't stay, though so I I can't claim to be a "Kiwi". I hope you find some locals here.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2019, 6:21 am

AugustD wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Hello AugustD. I am an autistic guy and am from Auckland. I notice their aren't too many Kiwis on this forum so it is great to meet you.

So how's it going? what are your interests?

Hi Shahunsha,

Many thanks for your warm welcome.

What a shame that there aren't "too many Kiwis" on this forum. I think the forum allows for people to meet in cyberspace.

I'm from Lower Hutt and retired after an active life in IT.

Although separated and not working there are a number of things that I enjoy: genealogy, playing bridge, reading (mostly non-fiction), watching documentaries and "infotainment", and writing. The writing part is not for publishing; it's rather a therapeutical way to try and understand my life.

Due to my IT background and my Aspergers, I'm quite black and white: the light is either off or on; a statement is either true or false, et cetera. I am unable to answer a closed question without a simple "yes" or "no", hence not fit to be or become a politician.

I am very organised and structured. I'm love to puzzle (hard Sudoku/KenKen), solving problems and organising events. The latter is the main reason for posing the question in this thread, since there are NO adult meet-up groups in the Wellington area. And I would love to talk to like-minded people, share experiences and learn from them.

Now that you know a bit more about me, please share a few details about yourself.

Many thanks, and have a great weekend.

August

Thanks for responding. And sorry for me being a little slow with the replies. I know that isn't ideal.

For me I am 19 years old and currently going to Auckland University. My interests at this stage revolve around politics and history and all aspects related to those areas. In the future I would like to go into either activism or politics as that is what gets me going.

What kind of books do you like just out of interest?

AugustD

10 Nov 2019, 2:35 am

Shahunshah wrote:
AugustD wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Hello AugustD. I am an autistic guy and am from Auckland. I notice their aren't too many Kiwis on this forum so it is great to meet you.

Hi Shahunsha,

What a shame that there aren't "too many Kiwis" on this forum. I think the forum allows for people to meet in cyberspace.

Although separated and not working there are a number of things that I enjoy: genealogy, playing bridge, reading (mostly non-fiction), watching documentaries and "infotainment", and writing. The writing part is not for publishing; it's rather a therapeutical way to try and understand my life.

Due to my IT background and my Aspergers, I'm quite black and white: the light is either off or on; a statement is either true or false, et cetera. I am unable to answer a closed question without a simple "yes" or "no", hence not fit to be or become a politician.

I am very organised and structured. I'm love to puzzle (hard Sudoku/KenKen), solving problems and organising events. The latter is the main reason for posing the question in this thread, since there are NO adult meet-up groups in the Wellington area. And I would love to talk to like-minded people, share experiences and learn from them.

Now that you know a bit more about me, please share a few details about yourself.

August

Thanks for responding. And sorry for me being a little slow with the replies. I know that isn't ideal.

For me I am 19 years old and currently going to Auckland University. My interests at this stage revolve around politics and history and all aspects related to those areas. In the future I would like to go into either activism or politics as that is what gets me going.

Hi Shahunsha, many thanks for your reply.

Books I read are mainly (auto)biographies, and WW2-related books. The latter mostly thanks to my dad who was a freedom/resistance fighter during WW2 as well as the fact that I lived an important part of my life in the city of Arnhem where "operation Market Garden" took place. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Arnhem)

Further to the reading, I love most Jack Reacher books, although some seem to be forced due to Lee Child's contract.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2019, 7:57 am

AugustD wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
AugustD wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

Hi Shahunsha,

August

Hi Shahunsha, many thanks for your reply.

Books I read are mainly (auto)biographies, and WW2-related books. The latter mostly thanks to my dad who was a freedom/resistance fighter during WW2 as well as the fact that I lived an important part of my life in the city of Arnhem where "operation Market Garden" took place. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Arnhem)

Further to the reading, I love most Jack Reacher books, although some seem to be forced due to Lee Child's contract.

Sorry for my extended absence, just some exam stuff. I'd be interested in talking more however.

I love history and as of late I also have begun to read some WWII biographies. Right now I am reading through Anthony Beevor's history of World War II and its good albeit pretty bloody shocking. Anyways, your dad sounds like he has lived an interesting life. What kinda work did he do as a resistance fighter?

I myself have not read any Jack Reacher books, Jack Reader seems like a cool lad. There are some things it seems like I would like and potentially have some trouble with when reading the series.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2019, 9:54 am

You might have mentioned this before----but what are you studying in University, Shanunshah?