Where does a small child go to decompress stress?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2019, 1:58 pm

I visited my daughter today and saw an interesting chair in the corner of their living room. It was a swivel round chair with a pull down covering that can completely enclose the occupant.

Here is a link to something similar because it is hard to describe.

IKEA PS LÖMSK Swivel chair, white, red

Some of my grandchildren exhibit a few Aspie like qualities. The little ones will sometimes become stressed out and need a private place they can go to vent. It struck me as a neat idea, so I thought I would share it.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2019, 5:25 pm

Perfect!! I used to love visiting my aunt and uncle on their farm at Tweed Heads on the coast, as a young girl. Loved their swivel chairs, that were placed near glass floor to ceiling windows, overlooking the hinterland. That, and riding bikes down the dirt tracks to the beach for a swim in the summertime. My youngest used his mini-trampoline to destress ALOT! Your daughter found the perfect chair :) !

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 8:50 am

I finally figured out what these chairs are called.
They are a variant of an Egg Pod Chair.