Felt like I was about to turn into a super hero while sick

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Aurora911
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Nov 2019, 4:42 pm

I have autism as well as an autoimmune disease known as ulcerative colitis. I was in remission for over 10 years and it kept coming and going so I let my guard down and didn't get treatment nearly as soon as I should've due to being highly driven in career development.
I had a doctor's appointment before it really escalated but needed a colonoscopy before I could really get treated which requires someone else to drive me. I really didn't want mom to take time off so I made it for when she already had time off not realizing how much it could escalate in a few weeks time.
I was so sick that I could barely get fluids down and was losing a lot of blood from the ulcers. I kept trying to drink and rest. For some reason I kept having some very intense thoughts about becoming a super hero with the ability to alter reality in many ways including making it so people with no morals lose their intellect and are not able to cause as much trouble, as well as things like teleporting and shapeshifting, the list could go on and on. I was trying to rest instead of fantasize but kept getting these thoughts. I felt as if I was about to transform and do everything I thought about.
I like to think that this could be true if push comes to shove in anyway, but still take better care of my health. I am wondering if these thoughts had something to do with autism, because anyone that I have talked too who had similar on the edge experiences didn't think like this at all. Many told me that it was from being delirious from the illness.
Has anyone else had similar thoughts in a pinch?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2019, 6:24 pm

I think a superhero is one the last things I've felt like turning into while sick. Turning into a superhero is usually supposed to make you feel awesome, with incredible strength and energy and powers people have always wanted but can only dream about. I've felt more like something out of a horror movie, where all my body parts turn into mucus and snot, melting and dripping until there's nothing but a big slimy, oozy puddle on my chair or my bed.

Sorry if that was too gross. :eew:

Eternal_Enigma
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Nov 2019, 6:54 pm

My sister has chrones disease since she was little. I have MS as well as ASD and there were times when my MS wasn't good that I though about being a super hero or how I could time travel.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2019, 7:11 pm

Never fancied myself a superhero

Although plenty of precious lil "people" are so full of themselves that they act like they are superheroes

"You were helping people eat", counselor Jeanne Courtney correctly told me about my former job

She made it sound like they otherwise would have dropped dead the next day. They had no barrier to eating. Eating is not necessarily a good thing.