Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Clairebear
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Nov 2019, 5:24 pm

So all my life I've been through a lot of bad things and had a lot of jerks treat me badly and treat my family like dirt. Over time this has taken its toll on me and made me depressed - and along the way I started hearing voices and having strange thoughts. I'm curious to know if anyone else with Autism hears voices and has bad thoughts? I don't like being this way but I don't feel I can tell anyone I know about this. And sorry for bringing my problems here. I know there's a lot worse of than me. I just don't want to go through this alone.

Claire x

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 5:26 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet, as I see this is your first post. :)

Tell us a bit more about you, and what kind of voices you are hearing.

usually hold tighter.

Threnody, Dorothy Parker
as modified by David Tamulovich

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 5:57 pm

If you want please tell a psychologist about the thoughts you are hearing

Clairebear
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Nov 2019, 2:32 am

blazingstar wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet, as I see this is your first post. :)

Tell us a bit more about you, and what kind of voices you are hearing.

Thank you for the welcome.

There's not a lot to know about me really. I'm an normal person, well as normal as you can be with Aspergers. I'm old fashioned, like listening to vinyl records. I like writing as well.

The voices vary. Sometimes they're good positive voices and make me feel less alone and give me a comfort but others can be depressing and negative which then affects my mood. I think it's all effecting my personality as well. But I'm not a doctor so I don't know if it's serious or not.

I want to see a professional but I struggle with bad anxiety and panic attacks. So to start with it seemed easier to come here first.

Thank you for the replies.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 3:29 am

I hear voices due to mild schizophrenia. I don't hear them saying anything in particular though. More like the sound of voices coming though a wall or from a distance.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 4:02 am

EzraS wrote:
I hear voices due to mild schizophrenia. I don't hear them saying anything in particular though. More like the sound of voices coming though a wall or from a distance.

i remarked years after moving out of the city there was still noise of neighbors and doors in my head, i reckon that's not voices but some sort of residual thing
- sometimes it gives a "clairhearing" impression, more likely its some sort of electricity running in the brain
& the brain tends to fill in the gaps even without you realising that

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 4:57 am

traven wrote:
EzraS wrote:

i remarked years after moving out of the city there was still noise of neighbors and doors in my head, i reckon that's not voices but some sort of residual thing
- sometimes it gives a "clairhearing" impression, more likely its some sort of electricity running in the brain
& the brain tends to fill in the gaps even without you realising that

According to my diagnosis it is schizophrenia. All of my issues have been tested and examined a lot throughout my life. Everything I have is well established.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 1:19 am

Sorry EzraS, i quoted you because you described this so exactly , not for any other purpose.

:cherry:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 10:24 am

Welcome to Wrong planet? Hmmm.. sounds like overtones of stress.. and possibly alone
Alot.when a person becomes isolated, especially under streesful . Circumstances ..
Bloody great large repeatable tests were done on US prisoners in isolation . Often repeated hearing voices/sounds , And some rather frequently .. it is said if a mind becomes conditioned to hearing sounds , normally of any kind. And then put in isolation , for however short or long period times. Longer demostrated higher probability .of this. Brain tries to replace those sounds.
Not just a fact blurb.. have been put through such a test and found it to be true.

Quote:
whereever you go ,there you are