Page 5 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2021, 12:51 pm

Erewhon wrote:
Nationalism is very evil.
First of all, try to realise that countries and nationalities are just a human-made-construct.
Therefore Dutchmans, Americans, Italian, Sweden, Israel, Egypt, Canadian's, Brazilian's dont exist for me. They are nothing more than a construct
The same with religions, they are also just a human-made-construct.
Therefore, hindoes, christians, jews, muslims dont exist for me. They are nothing more than a construct.
Unfortunely, many people on the planet dont see it as a contruct, its strong reality for them.
When those 2 come together, i mean nationalism and religion you have a extra exposive construct. There are different sorts of nationalism. The nationalism in the western world from today its created by a nation among the nations. With the nations among the nations i mean the globalist-capitalism. More and more people start to realise that the globalist-capitalism is not in the interest of there country, the people of the country are used as puppets for the interest for the globalist-capitalism. This mechanism you see in many countrys, in UK, Russia, France, big regions in USA, Brazil. Globalist capitalism creates nationalism.

But I would still like borders.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2021, 5:54 am

Nades wrote:

So you like the Brexit Nades?
For several years i dont have a passport anymore.
I can travel enough inside my head 8) .
My house have walls, and a door to who i can locked. The walls and doors are a kind of borders, but its not based on nationality/country.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2021, 2:08 pm

Erewhon wrote:
Nades wrote:

So you like the Brexit Nades?
For several years i dont have a passport anymore.
I can travel enough inside my head 8) .
My house have walls, and a door to who i can locked. The walls and doors are a kind of borders, but its not based on nationality/country.

You lock the doors for security and a sense of belonging. Brexit largely happened because of a lack of those two. I don't care much for Brexit and voted against it but I don't have any animosity for the people who did vote to leave the EU. There were good aspects of being in the EU and bad aspects. Freedom of movement was good an all but when even Angela Markel says letting in a tide of humanity was a mistake then you know borders exist for a reason.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2021, 4:20 pm

I'm also not much of a fan of Brexit. I think that Britain made a huge mistake. It's a shame when you really think about it. To think that I really looked up to Britain and the UK before that all happened. I decided to embrace my true colours after the fact. Black, red, yellow and white added on for Canada.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 11:20 am

Soon there shall be 2 'germans' in the white house.
Two dogs who dont think in countries, sadly that many humans do think in nationality.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2021, 6:29 am

Russia and China don't really exist for me, because they are identities based on "nurture". Apart from that, it seems that there are very few people from those areas on this forum. Could Wrong Planet be blocked in those areas of the planet? Could it be a language issue that so few people from those areas are present, or a cultural issue could also be the cause. The fact that few people from the continent of Africa are present on Wrongplanet will probably partly be due to access to the internet.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 1:11 am

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 2:18 pm

Erewhon wrote:
Russia and China don't really exist for me, because they are identities based on "nurture". Apart from that, it seems that there are very few people from those areas on this forum. Could Wrong Planet be blocked in those areas of the planet? Could it be a language issue that so few people from those areas are present, or a cultural issue could also be the cause. The fact that few people from the continent of Africa are present on Wrongplanet will probably partly be due to access to the internet.

Interesting question about- the geographic location of WP members.

Mainland China seems to have no representation here at all (despite being one fifth of the world population), and never has had. A few Russians have been on this site, but I havent seen any of them lately.

You wouldnt expect to see folks from North Korea because that country is so controlled by its rulers.

India has occasional visitors. One young lady was a regular. But I havent seen her in a long time. But India's presence here is tiny compared to it huge population size.

One person from Egypt was here. But I dont recall seeing anyone from anywhere on the African continent between Egypt and South Africa. Just those two countries on the opposite ends of the continent.

There have been folks from South America. One from the Phillipines, and one from South Korea.

But most of the membership is from either the Anglosphere (USA, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand), or from northern Europe. The country with most members relative to its small population is probably Finland. Relative to its population Finland probably has more WP members than does the USA ( I would be willing to wager).

Scandanavia, Netherlands, and Poland are well represented.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 8:02 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Erewhon wrote:

Interesting question about- the geographic location of WP members.

Mainland China seems to have no representation here at all (despite being one fifth of the world population), and never has had. A few Russians have been on this site, but I havent seen any of them lately.

You wouldnt expect to see folks from North Korea because that country is so controlled by its rulers.

India has occasional visitors. One young lady was a regular. But I havent seen her in a long time. But India's presence here is tiny compared to it huge population size.

One person from Egypt was here. But I dont recall seeing anyone from anywhere on the African continent between Egypt and South Africa. Just those two countries on the opposite ends of the continent.

There have been folks from South America. One from the Phillipines, and one from South Korea.

But most of the membership is from either the Anglosphere (USA, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand), or from northern Europe. The country with most members relative to its small population is probably Finland. Relative to its population Finland probably has more WP members than does the USA ( I would be willing to wager).

Scandanavia, Netherlands, and Poland are well represented.

Forgot to mention Japan. Ive never seen anyone here from Japan despite it being an advanced country with a large population. South Korea, and the Phillipines, but never Japan. Go figure.

Some Middle Eastern folks. Lebanon, a Palestinian. Maybe an Israeli or two.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 1:23 am

Epke ZONDERLAND :)

Somewhere on the planet are now the Olympics. One of the athletes who participates in a gymnastics event there is Epke 'Zonderland'. Epke's family name is Zonderland. Zonderland translates to English means without-nation, without-country :heart:

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 2:03 am

The sad mechanism that insanity in groupes like countries is seen as normal and not as insanity.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 5:13 am

I don't know who Eugene Debs is, but I do know I live the same country as Eugene Debs. Image

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 6:09 am

Erewhon wrote:
I don't know who Eugene Debs is, but I do know I live the same country as Eugene Debs.

He was a pioneering US trade unionist.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 6:41 am

MaxE wrote:
Erewhon wrote:
I don't know who Eugene Debs is, but I do know I live the same country as Eugene Debs.

Debbs had also been sent to prison by the the Woodrow Wilson administration for refusing to give up the right to strike during America's entry into WWI, and doubtlessly for his luke warm support for the war effort.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 6:46 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Erewhon wrote:

Debbs had also been sent to prison by the the Woodrow Wilson administration for refusing to give up the right to strike during America's entry into WWI, and doubtlessly for his luke warm support for the war effort.

I am probably as much of a pacifist as most people but I can't help thinking the world would be a better place today had the US gotten involved in WWI at the outset.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 6:55 am

The problem with anti nationalism is it can be also anti democratic.

Its all great removing borders like in the EU and having the same laws in place until the government or supranational government introduce something you don't like, then what?

Politicians will also gravitate to corruption if left unchecked, this is why the UK left the EU the people saw the anti democratic nature and future dangers.

All pro EU supporters could do was claim brexiters were racist because they wanted to limit immigration.

The smart ones recognised it wasn't about immigration specifically but the fact the UK electorate were bound to EU laws on open borders so couldn't change the law. Yesterday it was about immigration tomorrow it will be about being ordered to go to war and 30 years from now euthanize the elderly or disabled who knows?

There needs to be a direct link between the government and the people they rule over.

- George Bernie Shaw