Page 3 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Metal Rat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Nov 2019, 3:09 am

Besides, what about the Italians? Most others are so fixated on the Germans, and the Russians to a lesser extent. And there is so much heated debate about whether Communism is more evil than Nazism or the other way about. But do you know what I think? What I really think?

If what I believe about the Ancient Romans and the Mafia are correct: the Italian Fascists fought every bit as gallantly as their opposite numbers in the Nazi Wehrmacht and the Soviet Red Army; indeed, that the Black shirts of Italy were every bit as creative in coming up with ways of making their victims talk as either the Nazi SS or the Soviet N.K.V.D. Why do they down play the role of the Italians in the War? I wonder!

I think what actually happened was that the Italians mostly attacked Northern Africans and Middle Easterners; those whom the US Military itself loves to kill. The Russians and Germans, by contrast, exterminated off other White people, with blue eyes and fair hair, people whom it is easier for Americans (White Americans at any rate) to feel bad for. Indeed, as absurd and ironic as it may sound-- paradoxical even-- it is due to a certain Eurocentrism on America's part that German (and Russian) military atrocities are so fixated on. All the tears about the plight of the Poles, for instance; still what about what Mussolini's henchmen did to the Libyans? I wonder!

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2019, 11:52 am

The biggest problem for countries are the countries itself.
The biggest problem for religion is the religion itself.

These 2 problems sings John Lennon in his beautiful song * Imagine *
In my view the best peace song of all time.

Metal Rat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Nov 2019, 3:47 am

And most countries are some form of dictatorship, especially in Africa!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 5:21 am

Not to stray from the topic at hand, but is the OP even on the autistic spectrum?

Metal Rat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Nov 2019, 8:21 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Not to stray from the topic at hand, but is the OP even on the autistic spectrum?

I have been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, as I remember.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 8:24 am

The fact that he is obsessed with this subject indicates Aspergian proclivities.

Metal Rat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Nov 2019, 9:53 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The fact that he is obsessed with this subject indicates Aspergian proclivities.

History was always my Favorite Topic!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 10:18 am

One of mine, too.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 11:18 am

Metal Rat wrote:
Still, what really angers me is how others refer to America as a Nation. For, after all, America has always been far too Ethnically and Racially diverse to be any form of National State, like say, Poland or Germany or France or Israel is. America, unlike those other countries does not have any actual Ethnic Majority.

If you think that the USA is free from nationalistic tendencies, you need to take a harder look at your country. I hear that you do junk like forcing kids to do nationalistic pledges in classrooms and before sporting events. How crazy nationalistic is that?

You can say that USA has people with diverse heritages, but can you be sure other countries do not share the same? Do you know what Australia or New Zealand are like? But any country that is a few generations old is going to build a culture around itself as special and discriminate against others, regardless of ethnicity, or have such discrimination within for different groups.

Those who take a nihilistic view that every nation is out for itself and thus evil, are setting yourself up to fail, including thinking evil bein plain human nature. In my view, evil is not the true nature of humanity, but ignorance, and indeed ignorance can be evil, but it can be fought back by curiosity. Having a lack of curiosity and keeping a closed mind is a fast track to what I say is a morally bankrupt individual, it is expecting the worst of others, and the world would be a terrible place if everyone did that. But you can be surprised how people can grow.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 4:50 pm

Metal Rat wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

History was always my Favorite Topic!

I have a BA in history. So, it's one of my favorites, too.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 11:16 pm

At times, we in the US are overly nationalistic.

We sing the National Anthem before most professional sporting events.

Is that true in the UK before football matches?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2019, 4:25 am

Pride in one's country is one thing, denigrating others for their national origin is quite another.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2019, 11:49 am

A national anthem, used in a positive way.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2020, 5:42 am

I dont like countries. With more than 1 country on the planet its not difficult to ubnderstand how nationalism get planted in the brains of humans. With more dan 1 country the globalistic capitalism can bargaining, with the ordinary people as victem.
I dont like countries, but there is one exception, and that exception are the United Nations
The United Nations are not 100% clean, but much more clean than a planet with al the countries seperate.
Its not 100% clean because the rich countries have still more influence than poor countries.
But at least the poor regions have a voice. That voice is much much better than the voice of money.

The United Nations brings humans together, they dont seperate them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2020, 7:27 pm

Erewhon wrote:
The biggest problem for countries are the countries itself.
The biggest problem for religion is the religion itself.

These 2 problems sings John Lennon in his beautiful song * Imagine *
In my view the best peace song of all time.

That's my favourite song of all time.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2020, 4:41 am

I am not fully agree with the words in the video below. I like Bruce Springsteen, his social heart is great.

Actualy, i shoud change the titel of the song into: "This planet is your planet" of "This Earth is your Earth"