Did you ever have to take a careers aptitude test at school?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

crstlgls
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Apr 2020, 11:23 am

I took the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator before I started college and I was an ISTJ. This actually gives you more careers that go with your personality type that you can then further research and see which ones you really like. I decided on Environmental because my passion is the environment--It's what I love to study. I also took the Strong Interest Inventory and scored a CIA--Conventional, Investigative, Artistic.

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2020, 9:46 pm

nick007 wrote:
Knofskia wrote:
Tragically, I finally found out what I might like to do just before finding out that I cannot really work. Maybe sometime in the future, I will be able to fix or find accommodations for the limitations holding me back...
What did you think you might like to do?

I scored very poorly or at least somewhat poorly in the part that tested my abilities. I also disliked a lot of stuff or at least did not have much interest in it.
I took some kinda test for college interests. It was something to help you decide what you might want to major in college. It was about your interests & what you wanted to do & not about your abilities. I only had two suggestions. They were film & radio communications. Film is mostly about directing, writing, & acting which are all things that I know I could never do. I only got film cuz I liked watching TV & movies. I don't know much about what radio communications is but I assume it's a lot of technical stuff & I'm bad with technical stuff. I got radio communications cuz I liked listening to music & the radio & I had a slight interest in DJing. One of my high-school friends was DJing at the community college during our senior year of high-school & it seemed interesting. I did DJ for an online station over 10 years ago for a short time. It was not a commercial radio station. They were no commercials(they were some adds on the site thou) & we could play whatever we wanted as long as it fell in the rock category & we could play comedy stuff as well. I liked doing it but the station got shut down. I'm sure DJing for a commercial radio station that's broadcasted over the airwaves would be very different. I wouldn't know how to get into DJing without needing a degree in radio communications or getting a job at the station doing behind the scenes work which would be a lot of technical stuff that I'd be bad at.

nick007, I believe I would enjoy being a file clerk, as long as there were no receptionist duties (specifically, greeting customers or taking phone calls). If it involved data entry too, that would be fine.

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2020, 10:37 pm

mine said "literary or legal." i find the latter to be a minefield for someone like myself. the former is precluded due to attention span issues. so that leaves just about nothing other than my present avocation.

zenaspie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Apr 2020, 7:26 pm

I get psychologist and IT a lot too. Mainly because when those tests ask if you have introverted tendencies you put yes and those are jobs you do Not need to be in a team. Researcher is one that is common as well