Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

HacKING
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Nov 2019, 10:10 pm

So, I recently watched Toy Story 4 and it did not leave a good impression whatsoever on me. In fact, it barely felt canon. It kind of made me feel like they were shoving a feminist message down my throat. In fact, the 3rd wave feminism in this movie was like a big bright pink neon sign. Speaking of which, Hollywood may as well change their sign to that color, because it seems like every movie these days pulls this kind of propaganda.

It's one thing to present strong females in a movie, but it's another thing to make said strong female characters completely sideline the male characters to the point of them being so weak that it's out of character. Throughout the whole movie it consistently depicts every male character as being inferior or subservient to the female characters, they even mock them for it. They even turned Buzz into a total dope who thinks his sound box is his consciousness.

Take Bo Peep for example. They did not really try to explain how she went from the gentle and supportive flirt of the first movie to the independent don't need no man action chick in Toy Story 4. On top of it, she's a complete and utter disrespectful b***h. She totally USES Duke kaboom to achieve her goal knowing he might fall and uses his shame from the past to manipulate him. She tells Woody to shut up and calls him HER ACCESSORY and overall s**ts all over him. And in the end, he accepts and takes it. Why would he choose to stay with her after such a rude comment? As one comment on Youtube put it-

"Bopeep’s character was an accurate representation of modern day feminism. She tells Woody to shut up so he pitifully resorts to yanking on his pull string in order to speak, and this was after she humiliated him in front of her friends at the antique shop by calling him an accessory not a friend. BoPeep also forced Woody to jump off the ledge with Duke Kaboom in order to unlock the cabinet but never gave him the key! We had to watch Woody squirm like a b***h while Bopeep simply rides down his string and unlocks it herself with her girl power. The entire film was written from the perspective of the male character Woody trying to please all the females around him. Giving his badge to Jessie, his voice box to Gabby and his soul to Bopeep was purely intentional. He spends the entire movie trying to please Bonnie who doesn’t even love him anymore. This movie should be called Soy Story not Toy Story"

The ending was very dissatisfying given how Bo treated him. I did not like the movie.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Nov 2019, 7:47 am

Normally I'm all for strong and intelligent female characters (we need more of them!) but I don't like the movies or TV shows that embrace this at the cost of making the male chatacters look weak, stupid, and inferior.

Feminism used to be about equality, not emasculation.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2019, 10:05 am

HacKING wrote:
Toy Story 4 is trash.
Dude, it's Disney!

Of course it's trash!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Nov 2019, 10:11 am

Fnord wrote:
HacKING wrote:
Toy Story 4 is trash.
Dude, it's Disney!

Of course it's trash!

"I'm the mascot of an evil corporation!" :jester:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2019, 10:18 am

I watched the movie and thought it was really good. But thanks to this thread I feel like I need to burn my Bo Peep plushie, give away all my other characters from the 4th movie, and curl up and die. Thanks for making me feel even more like crap.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2019, 10:20 am

TheCherokeeRosePrince wrote:
Fnord wrote:
HacKING wrote:
Toy Story 4 is trash.
Dude, it's Disney!  Of course it's trash!
"I'm the mascot of an evil corporation!"
You forgot the mascot...

"Come over to the dork side!"

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2019, 10:21 am

Fnord wrote:
HacKING wrote:
Toy Story 4 is trash.
Dude, it's Disney!

Of course it's trash!

"I'm the mascot of an evil corporation!" :jester:

I grew up with Disney and I LOVE it. Disney is to me what Pokemon or whatever it is you younglings loved as children is to you. 8O

Oh god, I *am* a boomer!

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Nov 2019, 10:23 am

Fnord wrote:
Fnord wrote:
HacKING wrote:
Toy Story 4 is trash.
You forgot the mascot...

"Come over to the dork side!"

:lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2019, 10:23 am

People do need escapism.

If you liked Toy Story 4, that's your privilege. Don't let anybody else tell you otherwise.

Escapism is probably one of the things which saved the United States from becoming Communist during the Depression.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2019, 10:24 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
HacKING wrote:
Toy Story 4 is trash.
I grew up with Disney and I LOVE it. Disney is to me what Pokemon or whatever it is you younglings loved as children is to you.  Oh god, I *am* a boomer!
I am also a Boomer, and I used to love all things Disney.  But then Walt died in 1966, and nothing has been the same since.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2019, 10:30 am

I used to not watch "The Wonderful World of Disney." Rather, I used to watch "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom," which came right after Disney.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Nov 2019, 10:57 am

Two of my favorite Disney movies as a kid were The Little Mermaid and Mulan

Ursula was my idol because she ate poor unfortunate souls for breakfast. :twisted:

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2019, 8:24 pm

I have not seen TS4, nor do I intend to. I haven't even seen 3 yet. I thought the first Toy Story was great, but not so great that I wanted to see the characters in multiple sequels.

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

Peavey
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Dec 2019, 6:06 pm

I can't say I'm surprised. Disney's Star Wart has been an ugly train wreck that I've stopped supporting or even watching. It sounds like they're doing the same thing with Toy Story, which is a shame because it was absolutely brilliant in its day.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2019, 1:23 am

Oh my god females being powerful=bad. Stop whining.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2020, 6:41 am

thewrll wrote:
Oh my god females being powerful=bad. Stop whining.

That's not at all what the OP said, but hey who needs constructive, nuanced and objective criticism of a point when you can just straw man another's post to virtue signal "I'm a virtuous man who isn't on board with this sexist scum".

Master Oogway