What my cards have to say about Trump's impeachment

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2019, 10:54 pm

I think I'm getting better at reading the cards. :study:

Anywho, let us see what the mystical powers of the universe has to say about Trump's fate and the fate of the USA shall we?

Question 1: Will Trump be impeached? I pulled "The World" representing a balance of power or the completion of a cycle. The Man, The Bull, The Lion, and The EAGLE! Notice how the eagle in the upper right corner has a white cloud compared to the grey clouds of the other three beasts?

Question 2: Will Trump win the next election? I pulled "Justice" holding her sword and scales. This is a karma card. Trump's good deeds and his crimes will all be weighed and will determine the outcome of the next election. Will he be remembered by history as the man who stood up to China and helped our economy? Or will he be remembered more as the textbook narcissist who cozies up to ruthless dictators?

Question 3: What does the future hold for the US? I pulled "The Hierophant" inverted. Also known as The Pope or The High Priest, it represents conforming to society and religion. Upright it has to do with the good side of organized religion like spiritual wisdom and charity, but inverted it has more to do with the darker side of organized religion - the side that wishes to obtain power and control at any cost. Think of the Catholic Church burning heretics at the stake under the rule of Mary Tudor to gain power over England. In this case I think this could represent the Evangelicals in America who tolerate Trump's corruption and sinful behavior because they believe he is empowering their own religous agenda.

The fourth card - the shadow card that gives more clarity into the situation. I pulled "The Chariot" which is also inverted. An armored warrior rides into battle on a chariot pulled by two mythical sphinx: one black and one white, who are leading him down the path of destiny. This card means war, conflict, and trouble ahead. Upright it would mean "triumpth", but inverted it means "defeat".

The way I see it: Trump will either be successfully impeached or he will lose the next presidential election in 2020

He's already starting to lose support in normally conservative red states here in the south like Kentucky, Louisiana, and Georgia. I think that alone says a lot about predicting his fall from grace.

Another possibility is that of America getting itself into a war that we WILL lose thanks to him.

Enjoy! :star: :skull: :star:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2019, 1:29 am

Don't believe in the tarot stuff, but I certainly hope you're right.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2019, 6:05 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Don't believe in the tarot stuff, but I certainly hope you're right.

The problem is that even when Trump does lose he has made it clear that he won't go down quietly, and the damage is already done to our country. Plus getting rid of him won't make our problems which have been brewing for many years go away.

The inverted Chariot and Hierophant sound worrysome to me because they can mean war and religous control/oppression.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2019, 9:51 am

I bet Justice represents Nancy Pelosi and The Hierophant represents Mike Pence (who will replace Donald Trump for a while).

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2019, 9:12 am

More card readings on Trump's impeachment.

I picked the Queen of Spades (left) to represent Nancy Pelosi and the King of Clubs (right) to represent Donald Trump.

For answers on Pelosi and Trump, I picked two mysterious Joker cards meaning that the Universe is keeping something hidden about both of them.

From above I picked a 3 of Hearts (creative potential) and from below I picked a 10 of Hearts (completion of a cycle). In the center I see a 2 of Clubs which means a union based on working together and cooperation to achieve a goal.

Finally the shadow card I picked turned out to be the Ace of Spades (the 'death' card).

I think that this combined with the hearts means that we can expect something tragic to happen soon that will unite Americans together, if only for a moment. It might also mean a disruption to the impeachment process.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2019, 8:24 pm

A new card reading on the impeachment hearing.

The Lovers I think represents Americans coming together to overcome the mess Trump has created.

Justice (the past) represents Nancy Pelosi and the impeachment hearing.

I think the inverted Fool card either represents Trumpy being given the boot and being sent on his way, or Americans being naive and thinking our problems are all over once the impeachment process is done. It could also mean that somebody made a mistake...

The root card is The World meaning "completion of a cycle" or "balance". Also that eagle in the top right corner over the white cloud still stands out...

The crowned card is The Hanged Man meaning things like "wisdom", "prophecy", and "trial". No matter what the outcome is, Americans will have a harsh lesson to learn as Trump leaves his permanent mark on history.

:D

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2019, 9:04 pm

I also pulled two kings meaning a union or alliance being formed between two opposing parties or two powerful men.

The King of Spades (cruelty) and the King of Hearts (compassion).

Something will bring them together. They will represent a balance of power.

:king:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 11:17 pm

I'm more of a 'tarot as a tool for self development' guy so I tend to more staring at them than divining but when I do divine I tend to take it in tongue and cheek.

That said I did get a really neat deck recently - Asenath Mason and Bill Duvendack's Oraculum Leviathan (ie. Temple of Ascending Flame's Qliphoth deck). It was a bit pricey, not mass-produced so I get that R&D and Asenath's painstaking attention to detail is in it, but I've been reading a lot of their stuff and quite interested in diving into this territory so I figured their tarot would be a great place to get a jump on filing away the symbol set:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2019, 11:33 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I'm more of a 'tarot as a tool for self development' guy so I tend to more staring at them than divining but when I do divine I tend to take it in tongue and cheek.

That said I did get a really neat deck recently - Asenath Mason and Bill Duvendack's Oraculum Leviathan (ie. Temple of Ascending Flame's Qliphoth deck). It was a bit pricey, not mass-produced so I get that R&D and Asenath's painstaking attention to detail is in it, but I've been reading a lot of their stuff and quite interested in diving into this territory so I figured their tarot would be a great place to get a jump on filing away the symbol set:

Cool deck! 8)

The Devil represents giving into sexual and violent desires iow poor impulse control.

The Fool represents ignorance and naivity.

The Magician is somebody with the skill and the willpower to create something.

The Emperor represents a matriarch who seeks to control those around him.

The High Priestess represents a mysterious woman who is guided by her intuition.

Interesting enough the birth cards of Donald Trump and Melania are "The Emperor" and "The High Priestess". The Emperor represents Fire and the The Sun, and The High Priestess represents Water and The Moon.

They are the very opposites that attract together, and the moon and the sun both rule the skies and govern the earth.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2019, 6:06 am

TheCherokeeRosePrince wrote:
Cool deck! 8)

Actually let me clarify something - that was a picture from a website, not a spread I did about anything.

The Devil represents giving into sexual and violent desires iow poor impulse control.

Technically, in the largest sense, it's being stuck in the illusion of materiality where the physical world is assumed as all there is to see.

The Fool represents ignorance and naivity.

In the Rider Waite, BOTA, and other similar early 20th century Hermetic decks it signifies the Absolute, ie. God in abstract, about to embark on a journey in physicality. It's debatable, when the fool is about to step off the cliff, whether its with the understanding that It's immortal, cannot be hurt, and will come back up the other side to a higher peak or whether more mountain is being built with each footstep.

The Magician is somebody with the skill and the willpower to create something.

Willful/competent handling of the four elements (ie. will, emotion, mind, and physicality).

The Emperor represents a matriarch who seeks to control those around him.

Also the rational mind and measurer of the results of creative imagination (Empress). In this one the Emperor doesn't have a measure stick or ankh-like device in his hand but again, going back to the early 20th century Hermetic decks, that was typical.

The High Priestess represents a mysterious woman who is guided by her intuition.

And prima materia, ie. memory in nature yet without imprint, hence - at least in the BOTA deck - the high priestess's garments appearing as water that crashes at the bottom of the stone cube she'd sitting on (that has another theme as well, ie. the stone cube - ABN) and that river flows behind the Empress, behind the Emperor, signifying that they're continuing to imprint on the primordial substrate with their thoughts and actions.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Nov 2019, 7:04 am

Oh ok. :) Well my little guide book says that The Devil can represent violence and sex and The Fool can be naivity (especially when inverted).

Each card is actually up to personal interpretation based on what the reader sees in the images. I have a guide book explaining what all the different symbolisms in the artwork of each Rider Waite card can mean.

For example The Emperor card holds an Ankh cross in one hand which is a sun symbol of everlasting life and a male phallic symbol. He also holds a golden apple which is a symbol of power but also of greed. He wears a suit of armor indicating a warrior and it can represent courage, respect, and protection but also arrogance of power. He sits on a throne decorated with the four heads of Aries and behind him is a hot and dry barren wasteland. It symbolizes a quote from the bible "This land that was desolate has become like the Garden of Eden - Ezekiel 36:35". Symbolizing The Emperor's connection to the element of fire and his compasity to destroy but also his compasity to create. Where The Empress can represent a mother or a goddess, The Emperor represents a father or god. IOW Patriarch vs Matriarch.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2019, 9:56 am

Oh ok. :) Well my little guide book says that The Devil can represent violence and sex and The Fool can be naivity (especially when inverted).

Each card is actually up to personal interpretation based on what the reader sees in the images. I have a guide book explaining what all the different symbolisms in the artwork of each Rider Waite card can mean.

For example The Emperor card holds an Ankh cross in one hand which is a sun symbol of everlasting life and a male phallic symbol. He also holds a golden apple which is a symbol of power but also of greed. He wears a suit of armor indicating a warrior and it can represent courage, respect, and protection but also arrogance of power. He sits on a throne decorated with the four heads of Aries and behind him is a hot and dry barren wasteland. It symbolizes a quote from the bible "This land that was desolate has become like the Garden of Eden - Ezekiel 36:35". Symbolizing The Emperor's connection to the element of fire and his compasity to destroy but also his compasity to create. Where The Empress can represent a mother or a goddess, The Emperor represents a father or god. IOW Patriarch vs Matriarch.

So to be fair, divinatory and symbolic interpretations will be different and you're probably right on those. What you're describing are the more divinatory aspects, if you ever got the A.E. Waite book that goes into the cards at a bit more length with your Rider-Waite deck you'll get a sense of where that goes because he hints at a fair amount of it in the chapters without getting too deep however.

Also regarding the meaning of the symbols and whether they have specific meaning at the symbolic/esoteric level beyond the immediate divinatory value depends on the deck and its cultural context. The Rider Waite and similar decks are all Hermetic Golden Dawn and diaspora influenced so you will legitimately have correlations of the 22 majors to the Hebrew alphabet and the 22 paths on the Tree of Life and the pips fold up in to the 10 sephira based on the number of the pip, that's not something that can be jettisoned particularly easily because Qabalistic correlations were front and center in their construction. Also regarding the Fool in that context - they say that the Fool is all cards and that the whole deck is the 'Fool's Journey'.

Part of where I'm coming from on this - I've been in BOTA (Builders of the Adytum) for a bit over five years and I've noticed, particularly reading Robert Wang's Qabalistic Tarot (very robust book on this topic and does a fair amount of comparison) most of the mainstream decks between the late 19th century and mid 20th century are Qabalistically oriented. After the 60's there was a big proliferation of angel, animal, etc. decks and with those sure - the Qabalah's been stripped out and they're more strictly divinatory. You'll also have decks like the Dark Sun, or the one I just got, which are based somewhere between the Rider Waite and Crowley's Thoth which means they'll take some liberties but they won't drift too far from the Qabalistic base, and in many cases they're decks linked to current esoteric orders and they still use the Tree of Life quite a bit in western esotericism and magic as their map of emanated reality.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Nov 2019, 10:04 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:

So to be fair, divinatory and symbolic interpretations will be different and you're probably right on those. What you're describing are the more divinatory aspects, if you ever got the A.E. Waite book that goes into the cards at a bit more length with your Rider-Waite deck you'll get a sense of where that goes because he hints at a fair amount of it in the chapters without getting too deep however.

Also regarding the meaning of the symbols and whether they have specific meaning at the symbolic/esoteric level beyond the immediate divinatory value depends on the deck and its cultural context. The Rider Waite and similar decks are all Hermetic Golden Dawn and diaspora influenced so you will legitimately have correlations of the 22 majors to the Hebrew alphabet and the 22 paths on the Tree of Life and the pips fold up in to the 10 sephira based on the number of the pip, that's not something that can be jettisoned particularly easily because Qabalistic correlations were front and center in their construction. Also regarding the Fool in that context - they say that the Fool is all cards and that the whole deck is the 'Fool's Journey'.

Part of where I'm coming from on this - I've been in BOTA (Builders of the Adytum) for a bit over five years and I've noticed, particularly reading Robert Wang's Qabalistic Tarot (very robust book on this topic and does a fair amount of comparison) most of the mainstream decks between the late 19th century and mid 20th century are Qabalistically oriented. After the 60's there was a big proliferation of angel, animal, etc. decks and with those sure - the Qabalah's been stripped out and they're more strictly divinatory. You'll also have decks like the Dark Sun, or the one I just got, which are based somewhere between the Rider Waite and Crowley's Thoth which means they'll take some liberties but they won't drift too far from the Qabalistic base, and in many cases they're decks linked to current esoteric orders and they still use the Tree of Life quite a bit in western esotericism and magic as their map of emanated reality.

Very interesting! I want to try and research more about what you just told me. :chin:

And I can see how "The Fool" makes a journey through life collecting wisdom along the way. Just like the character Forrest Gump played by Tom Hanks. ;)