Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

georgethekid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Nov 2019, 8:09 pm

I'm 22 years old, graduated from college with a bachelor's degree in communications aimed at radio broadcasting. I'm diagnosed with high-functioning Asperger Syndrome. I have done past work with an internship at a station and worked as a volunteer for the college radio station.

I have recently acquired a seasonal sales associate job at a clothing store in a mall working within the stock room. I have been receiving feelings of sadness, anxiety (which I take prescription medication for from a doctor and counselor), and feelings of homesickness (despite not being far from home.) I'm intending to raise money for a first car while also doing classes for driver's education and radio engineering certification. I'm hoping I can continue this job possibly after the holiday season.

I have just gone through training and I'm overwhelmed, nervous, and worrisome. I have been going through panic attacks, loss of appetite, and fatigue. I know this is just a change in a routine where anxiety occurs with human reasons alongside autism. The reason I have felt this way is a job I'm not happy with but am only trying to raise money for and see to bigger goals in the future.

The management understands how Asperger Syndrome works (thank goodness!) and understands the anxiety I go through but I still feel worrisome, sad among others. Are there any tips and suggestions you would recommend going through this situation?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 5:55 pm

Is this a full-time job?

I have had stock jobs before. The best thing to do is to keep on working. When you keep on working, you would be surprised how fast the time goes.

I never liked "idle time" when I was working in a stockroom type place.

georgethekid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Nov 2019, 6:09 pm

This is a part-time seasonal job. I know that work will go fast I heard from some. I'm just doing what I can to maintain my goals and look to the future.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 6:44 pm

That's a smart thing to do.

Just punch the clock, and get to work right away. I would embrace it if you get assignments which last the whole working day. That way, you don't have to interact too much with others---except for that which is work-related.

georgethekid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Nov 2019, 7:52 pm

Thank you for the note.

megan2019
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Dec 2019, 3:39 pm

Frankly speaking, it sounds well