Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 7:43 pm

Anyone enjoy experimenting on things like that?

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 8:45 pm

Yes. I had a Sherline mini-lathe in my old home. I bought it to make small parts related to a special obsession I had which involved collecting and restoring antique straight razors. The obsession ran its course and I sold the Sherline lathe. It was a fun thing to experiment with and I've thought about purchasing a mini-lathe again to tinker with and make things with.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 8:48 pm

Magna wrote:
Yes. I had a Sherline mini-lathe in my old home. I bought it to make small parts related to a special obsession I had which involved collecting and restoring antique straight razors. The obsession ran its course and I sold the Sherline lathe. It was a fun thing to experiment with and I've thought about purchasing a mini-lathe again to tinker with and make things with.

Nice.
My little think is more of a toy. It is nice though. Unimat 1 and an Unimat Metalline.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 8:52 pm

What do you do with them? Are they CNC capable?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 8:58 pm

Magna wrote:
What do you do with them? Are they CNC capable?

Yes. They are CNC capeable if one has the money to invest in the extra equipment.

I use them... Well. They can be set up in many different ways. Modular systems. As a lathe, a vertical miller, a horizontal miller etc, etc.