are you brain damaged?whats ur experience with brain damage?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

random1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Nov 2019, 11:57 am

i am brain damaged.

i had a stroke at birth. Also called: CVA, cerebrovascular accident.

brain injuries are critical unless there a concussion.

do u have a brain injury as well?

how do u cope with it?

i know some people on here talked about how there autism was caused by there brain injury but autism and brain damage are too different things.

what was school like for you?
honestly my school didnt help me at all and didnt really care.
what is it like irl for you for those on here that have brain damage.
have u experienced other people who were brain damaged whether that was irl or online?

honestly my experience really isnt that great.

whats ur advice on it?

im also diagnosed with autism.
which now i think about it.

it sounds false tbh.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2019, 4:19 pm

In spite of all the mild head trauma I have experienced in my childhood, both accidental and self-inflicted, I can assure you my drain is not bammaged. :duh:

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2019, 5:46 pm

When I was a very young boy, I was kicked in the head by a 1,000 pound bull. It threw me into a coma. I teetered between life and death for awhile. I suspect many of my Aspie traits may be partly due to this brain injury combined with my genetic makeup.

I suspect that having Aspergers is a combination of 2 elements. The first is the DNA structure. The second is a brain injury that occurs while the brain is in the growing stage during the first 4 or 5 years. Many of these brain injuries occur at birth. Many of these birth injuries occur because the brain is deprived of oxygen. For example when the umbilical cord wraps around the infants neck and chokes the unborn during the birth, or your case is another example a CVA.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2019, 1:16 am

Am I right in saying that autism/aspergers is caused by missing brain connections where the brain can compensate by growing new ones in other areas...
And if someone has had a brain injury and it has severed some brain connections, this also gives autism?
I am just clarifying things in my mind.

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2019, 2:02 pm

I'm not sure... I've never actually been tested for anything, and it's all been a bunch of guesswork.

As it turns out, while pregnant with me, one evening my mother had an asthma attack. She was taken to the hospital and had it treated, but it seems someone on the staff screwed up and gave her too high a dose of one of the meds they used. She was fine and had no adverse effects, but the concern was that it might've affected me.

Fast forward a few years into Elementary School, my mom grew concerned that I wasn't acting like my other siblings. As a result, for a time I met with a Special Ed teacher and she believed I -might- be somewhere on the spectrum, but that was never confirmed since a. She was not an expert in the area (which really, this was in '97 only 3 years after Asperger's had officially been named back in '94), and b. there wasn't enough money for that.

So here I am and this is all I know.

Last bumped by random1 on 01 Dec 2019, 2:02 pm.