Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Newyorkbro992
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Dec 2019, 9:49 am

Hello everybody I was born in 1992 and I was born premature and since I was born premature this has been making my life miserable I have a speech problem that I cannot talk good which I hate it so much and even when I was in six grade they did try to help me but after that when I reach middle school and high school nobody cared about me I have ADHDOCD and many other disabilities and all I have to say this had made my life miserable I did graduate high school but they didn’t give me a regular diploma they gave me a special education diploma and I think they did that on purpose to piss me off anyway I graduate high school seven years ago and stay two more years in high school and I didn’t graduate until the age of 21 and my life has been destroyed by the school system I didn’t learn anything in high school all the ever taught me Was second grade I really hate special education and I realize one thing if the teacher doesn’t like you they were not teach you anything I found out because I was riding the bus for disabled people and we will pick it up this girl and I asked her how did you getting into college she said a special education teacher helper and my parents help me a lot and it’s cool how tall a lot keep in mind she went to the same school but different teachers now I realize it depends on the teacher if they like you or not I really hate special education it made I really hate special education and I realize one thing if the teacher doesn’t like you they wanna teach you anything I find out because I wasn’t riding the bus for disabled people and we will pick it up this girl and I asked her how did you get in into college she said her special education teacher helper and my parents help me a lot and school help Paul a lot keep in mind she went to the same school but different teachers now I realize it depends on the teacher if they like you or not I really hate special-education it made my life. Like hardI quit so many jobs because of this and my job coach said if I leave my job one more time she’s not going to help me I walked in a sh***y job making sh***y hours and I cleaned for a living I clean bathroom and it’s terrible I did try other jobs like retail stores and I was terrible at it and I was bullied and it’s very sad people having problems with my family and I really hate special education was anybody in this group we went and destroyed by the special ed system :cry: I quit so many jobs because of this and my job coach said if I leave my job one more time she’s not going to help me I walked in a sh***y job making sh***y hours and I cleaned for a living I clean bathroom I had it terrible I did try other jobs like retail stores and I was terrible at it and I was bullied and it’s very sad keep on having problems with my family and I really hate special-education I never had any friends and this breaks my heart screw you special education for making my life miserable :(

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2019, 11:16 am

First off since this is your first post, Welcome to Wrong Planet.

After reading your thread it seemed like you are blaming everyone else for your predicament. Sometimes you need to look inward. We are wired differently and that doesn't mean we are defective. We need to sometimes stand up to the plate and take responsibility for our predicament. And if you don't like where you are, you might try and change it.

Before I read your thread, I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Special Education Diploma. So I looked it up on the Internet.

An Individualized Education Program (IEP) is a special education high school diploma typically awarded to individuals receiving special education services; requirements for these types of diplomas are unique to each student's needs/abilities and may not provide access to the general education curriculum.

The essence is "may not provide access to the general education curriculum". So essentially if you have a special education diploma it may not qualify for entrance into college.

But there is another type of diploma that can. It is called a GED.

The General Educational Development (GED) tests are a group of four subject tests which, when passed, provide certification that the test taker has United States high school-level academic skills. It is an alternative to the U.S. High school diploma.

Who can take GED test? Any student under the age of 18 can earn a high school diploma. To earn a GED, most students have to 18 or older. Since you were born in 1992 that means you qualify to take this series of test and receive a GED diploma.

But this is not an automatic process. You have to know the subject matter material or be able to learn it. Some schools offer adult education classes or perhaps you can find a mentor to help you. But you have to take the initiative and work very hard for this goal.

Newyorkbro992
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Dec 2019, 11:59 am

What are you talking about I do blame my school for not helping me

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2019, 3:26 pm

I understand that you blame the school and your teachers, perhaps your parent or the fact that the Special Ed degree is not an automatic gateway to college. But you are also part of the equation. You have choices. There is a pathway to college if you are willing to work for it and succeed.

Newyorkbro992
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Dec 2019, 3:31 pm

Well the reason why I do blame zone is because nobody in high school teach me anything I have a very low reading level and from 830 until 230 I was in special education watching movies playing video games if I was lucky 25% of the time I would do useless worksheet and now I’m struggling I’m 26 years old and life has becoming miserable and nobody cared about me or after I graduate in my Pinyan special education is nothing but a mental hospital because I felt like I was in jail I didn’t even carry a book bag with me when I went to school not even a pencil I would wear my PJs and hoodie because the school didn’t care about me at all I told them so I made money time can you help me find me a job even when I was in high school they said no my parents did the best they could do I’m not blaming them but I’m blaming the school these teachers became special education for a reason for the money