Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2019, 9:34 am

My first computer had about 50 megabytes of hard drive.....back in the early 90s.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2019, 11:53 am

I started on DOS with around the same & then Windows 95-2000 with maybe 6gb, now I have 3 laptops with a terabyte & a cheap i3 desktop with a bit over two. This phone has 128gb, I have another 128gb on my keys & 2.75tb of drives woth my work machines.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2019, 10:07 am

Hello cberg and other computer people:

I have the new microcomputer and am posting photo; it fits in the palm of my hand!

If I could get some help on connecting my monitor to the ports on the microcomputer.

It looks like my monitor, which is not all that old, has a VGA connection. The microcomputer has a HDMI or another connection showing on the instructions, posted above.

If cberg can let me know which adapter I might need for this. Rather than ordering a bunch from amazon and trying to see what fits.

Thank you.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2019, 12:45 pm

Looks like your NUC has a full size HDMI port - some may have used mini HDMI but it's not on the directions so I think this is the usual adapter for this, sorry I assumed you had HDMI/DVI/Displayport.

CableMatters VGA adapter whip

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2019, 2:36 pm

In case the HDMI port is a 'mini' type, you can also get adapter dongles from that to regular HDMI. Your photo seems to show the normal port size.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2019, 4:07 pm

Ordered. Thank you. You have save me hours of burnt brain syndrome. :heart:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 1:04 am

Feel free to PM me if you're still setting it up.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 2:49 am

Thank you. With any luck I'll get a chance to work on it this weekend. Various work emergencies have kept me from getting going.

I do have the adapter now.

Baby steps.

Dr_Manhattan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Dec 2019, 10:22 pm

Desktops are more user serviceable, whereas laptops have the advantage of mobility. It really comes down to your most crucial personal needs. Take some time to determine your needs. If it's just a ordinary media computer you're after, a basic system will suffice. If you have a specific purpose (virtualization, CAD/CAM, gaming, video editing, etc.), you'll need a system that can easily be upgraded to meet the requirements for those tasks, which typically only desktops can achieve. Again, it's up to you and your personal requirements.