Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

2007kid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Dec 2019, 7:04 pm

I'm seriously considering moving to China. I don't know if there is any other place that will actually train me for a job. For one thing, I suck at interviews, and for another, I'm pretty sure I know the reason, well one of them, that I have been unemployed for so long.

It's because I don't keep my hair short like the other guys. Can I cut my hair just to get employed already? No, because, and I don't EXPECT anyone to understand this, it is a part of my culture. I'm being serious when I'm saying I would rather die than betray who I am, and just in case somebody wants to twist my words, I am not suicidal. And if not for me, I need a job to support my disabled Mom because I don't know how to get a job that will hire me while staying in college.

My dad, he understood when I quit school to get a full time job to get him off my @^s and shut up. Because he was oblivious to how hard I was trying to get a part-time job. But I KNOW I'm going to fail at least one of my classes because I'm not going to be able to complete this one critical assignment tonight. And I don't think my dad is going to be understanding when he figures that out.

Is there a way to send money home to relatives? My fear is that the Chinese government will confiscate any money I send to the States to care for my Mom.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2019, 4:17 am

Um. I don't think the Chinese Government will confiscate your money.
But I'm confused why you think your job prospects are better there.
Why did you pick China?

2007kid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2019, 4:33 pm

MrsPeel wrote:
Um. I don't think the Chinese Government will confiscate your money.
But I'm confused why you think your job prospects are better there.
Why did you pick China?

I just don't know of any other countries where you could be placed into work through means other than interviewing. Are there others? I'd be willing to move to them, too, to be honest.

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2019, 4:44 pm

Interviewing isn't the best way to get work; it's just the process which is the most public and formalized. A huge proportion of jobs - usually the better ones - are gained by networking: knowing people and knowing people who know people, and building and maintaining those social networks (not the digital kind). Unfortunately, this is also an extremely autism-unfriendly process.

I'm not sure that China has particularly prominent alternative methods of job placement. And... aren't they the ones implementing social credit systems? Fail to be social in the ways expected/demanded and you find yourself unable to access various government, public, and psuedo-private services, including travel and education?

2007kid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2019, 10:16 pm

Dial1194 wrote:
Interviewing isn't the best way to get work; it's just the process which is the most public and formalized. A huge proportion of jobs - usually the better ones - are gained by networking: knowing people and knowing people who know people, and building and maintaining those social networks (not the digital kind). Unfortunately, this is also an extremely autism-unfriendly process.

I'm not sure that China has particularly prominent alternative methods of job placement. And... aren't they the ones implementing social credit systems? Fail to be social in the ways expected/demanded and you find yourself unable to access various government, public, and psuedo-private services, including travel and education?

Wow... I didn't even know about that social credit bs.
Any countries where reputation isn't the best way to find work?