Is being bad at taking care of money a thing in autism, or..

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 3:59 am

what money i have i am a caretaker for, it is a solemn responsibility of a precious resource. i pinch pennies until they scream in agony. my clothing is ragged. my shoes and socks are holey-er than thou. i use, patch up and reuse until the item in question is little more than dust. i live in a pretty cheap little tin can in the woods where the taxes are low, i drive a 23 year old car, i only drive it once per week to get groceries in town at a cheap "scratch and dent" grocery place, i almost never pay for entertainments such as movies or restaurants or expensive toys or cars or overpriced fancy housing or gas for that long commute to the jobs that pay enough for one to live in affluent "want," i don't know any Joneses. what spare cash [after paying for various bills] that lands in my lap goes straight into dividend-paying investments [they pay you to own them]. the beauty of them is that you don't have to land on the ground floor like with IPOs, you just have to pick them on the low end of their cycles, pick ones that pay substantially more than the real rate of inflation, reinvest the dividends until you need the income stream. there is nothing that feels as good as financial independence/security [not having to run the rat race], no fancy toy or luxury item or entertainment or other diversions, can equal this feeling. i hope by the time i can get my social security and medicare, to reach this level.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 9:01 am

Even when I was chronically broke, I ate organic grains. Now, I eat about 90% organic. I consider it my best investment. At my age, the medical people check their hearing when I say I'm not on any prescriptions. The fanciest prepared food I eat in quantity is tomato sauce. I make my own granola, hummus, sprouts, bread, and flavoured water. Furniture and appliances I get as junk and fix as needed. I don't have a cell phone. When my happy, bohemian community was overrun with millionaires and rent got crazy, I moved to an area of declining population and bought a perfectly sound house for $15k. It would have worked well as an "electronic cottage" but Facebonk overran that neighbourhood.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2020, 1:58 am

i'm sure glad i'm not the only one here sans cell phone :D