Are you worried that Trump will be elected again in 2020?

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Are you worried that Trump will be elected again in 2020?
Yes 74%  74%  [ 17 ]
No 26%  26%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 23

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 5:29 pm

He's really pretty stupid for a President....

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 5:32 pm

But if he does somehow succeed in getting what HE wants...

I mean the Democrats seem like they're digging their own grave with this impeachment thing.

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

AugustD
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Dec 2019, 5:50 pm

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
I mean seriously, what is it with Trump's fixation on dictators like Putin, Kim Jong Un, Xi Jingpin, and Erdagon? And better yet why does he continue alienate our REAL allies?

I believe without a doubt that he admires the power that dictators hold over their countries and he himself wants to become one. It's so blatantly obvious!

https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproject. ... e-day.html

Hear, hear!! !

AugustD

05 Dec 2019, 5:58 pm

If the USA would have a different polling system, such as Proportional Representation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proportio ... esentation), Trump wouldn't be at the helm at all. That also goes for other countries where FPP election system is applied. Even in the UK Boris Johnson could be PM with as little as 35% of the votes. Weird.....

Last edited by AugustD on 05 Dec 2019, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oculus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Dec 2019, 6:11 pm

I think Trump has been bad for the country.

He's too much of an idiot to have policy decisions of his own. I think the people around him talk him into the policies they would like to see, and then he enacts them. It gives them a degree of anonymity, which means they can submit policies they would be ashamed to submit themselves.

He has also appointed some really horrible people to serve on the Supreme Court, and we are stuck with them for decades. Ruth Ginsberg seriously needs to retire, but she has been hanging on so that Trump doesn't appoint her successor. If he wins another term of office, she might not be able to hang on another four years.

Unfortunately, I think he is likely to get elected again in 2020.

The Republican media and politicians have kept Republican voters united, and kept them in a perpetual state of outrage, which will assure high voter turnout.

Meanwhile, the Democratic voters have allowed themselves to become divided across Liberal vs Leftist lines, and nobody seems interested in repairing the schism. Or perhaps they are unable?

If a Liberal candidate wins the Democratic nomination, it will demoralize the Leftist voters, which will drive down voter turnout at the polls. Similarly, if a Leftist candidate wins the nomination, it will demoralize the Liberal voters, also driving down voter turnout.

Maybe there is still time to turn things around, but it doesn't look good.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 6:14 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

IMO, he thinks of himself as a God of sorts when really he's a dictator.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 6:24 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I think all dictators think of themselves that way.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 6:37 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I think all dictators think of themselves that way.

I concur.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 8:40 pm

IDK...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 8:59 pm

EzraS wrote:
No. Despite all the hysteria I don't see anything to be afraid of.

Yeah, why should we be afraid of a megalomaniac in the white house who cozies up with dictators? :roll:

The thing is he doesn't. Remember not too long ago when many were all worked up at Trump and Kim being at each others throats and being on the brink of WWIII? Now the same people are unhappy that they are getting along better.

But I heard that Trump once again called Kim "Rocket Man", which seriously pisses him off. And Kim made an official threat to call Trump "Dotard".

In the long run Trump has done too many things against Putin and Kim for me to believe he is cozing up with them. Although I do believe he plays them.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 9:04 pm

EzraS wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Yeah, why should we be afraid of a megalomaniac in the white house who cozies up with dictators? :roll:

The thing is he doesn't. Remember not too long ago when many were all worked up at Trump and Kim being at each others throats and being on the brink of WWIII? Now the same people are unhappy that they are getting along better.

But I heard that Trump once again called Kim "Rocket Man", which seriously pisses him off. And Kim made an official threat to call Trump "Dotard".

In the long run Trump has done too many things against Putin and Kim for me to believe he is cozing up with them. Although I do believe he plays them.

It's scary either way. If he pisses them off it could mean nuclear war, if he makes friends with them while driving away our other friends he might make our country into a full blown dictatorship where we lose everything from religous freedom to the right to criticize our own government under threat of prison, torture, or death.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 9:32 pm

EzraS wrote:
EzraS wrote:

It's scary either way. If he pisses them off it could mean nuclear war, if he makes friends with them while driving away our other friends he might make our country into a full blown dictatorship where we lose everything from religous freedom to the right to criticize our own government under threat of prison, torture, or death.

I think the way things have been going the last three years is how they are going to go the next five years if trump gets reelected.

Every president has been called a dictator. Just look up "Obama is a dictator" and you'll see what I mean.

The hype far exceeds reality.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 9:41 pm

EzraS wrote:
EzraS wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I think the way things have been going the last three years is how they are going to go the next five years if trump gets reelected.

Every president has been called a dictator. Just look up "Obama is a dictator" and you'll see what I mean.

The hype far exceeds reality.

Obama didnt do half the crazy s**t Trump did though.

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 10:03 pm

In 2016 I didn't believe the polls and thought he was likely to win. Presently, I think he is likely to lose in 2020, but a lot could change in the next year. I think it's clear that Bloomberg is the one to safely beat him, but I don't see much support in that opinion. My wildest scenario is someone like Bloomberg will be getting great polls with a CC action platform and Trump will suddenly become President Green. He's so ND that he doesn't care about his own kids. Is anyone still fooled that he cares about them?

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 10:13 pm

CarlM wrote:
In 2016 I didn't believe the polls and thought he was likely to win. Presently, I think he is likely to lose in 2020, but a lot could change in the next year. I think it's clear that Bloomberg is the one to safely beat him, but I don't see much support in that opinion. My wildest scenario is someone like Bloomberg will be getting great polls with a CC action platform and Trump will suddenly become President Green. He's so ND that he doesn't care about his own kids. Is anyone still fooled that he cares about them?

I believe he cares for them in that he only sees them as extensions of himself. Like Cersei and her children from Game of Thrones.

If Cersei was the lioness guarding her cubs, then that makes Trump the eagle guarding his nest of eaglets to form his own family dynasty to rule over the USA, in my opinion.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 10:18 pm

I'm planning on becoming a dictator. And as long as everyone agrees to wear a chicken suit I won't launch the nukes.