Page 2 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,492

07 Dec 2019, 10:53 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FMkSgMfQ1I

It's Worth Noting That Science is a Tool That Attempts to Systemize Objective Reality into Order We Can Understand;
It's Worth Noting That Religion is a Tool That Attempts to Systemize Subjective Reality into Order We Can Understand;
It's Worth noting That in General, Neuroscience Suggests that We all Hallucinate our Realities; Some More Black and
White; And Some More Colorful; as Where i LiVE iN the Panhandle of Florida; The 'Face Palms' Grow Taller than Ever;
at least to me.

Politics as usual Morphs into Politics; if one tries to Put a Label on it, sadly one gets lost in the Reality of it.

There is nothing Conservative About 13,000 Lies.

There is nothing Conservative About Wasting Energy over Vain Concerns.

There is nothing Conservative About Destroying 1 in 8 Species
of Life in an Ecosystem of Home where all the Interconnected parts of Life are Integral to our Very Survival.

In General, From a Biological Perspective, 'Conservative Leaning Folks' Have Lower Libido's; are more Prone to
Disgust; and Resistant To Change in Ways of more Open Mind and Body Thinking; Feeling; and Sensing the World;
At Least From a Perspective of Science; but of course Human Nature has many moving Parts; Attempting to Label
it in Black and White Terms is not unlike Attempting to Label a 'Hallucination' in Text where a Hallucination
is so much more than Verbal Think.

Republicans, as far as 'the Party' goes are acting in a way that is NOT conservative at all; unless one believes
Gas Lighting and Believing in it, is a Conservative Way of Viewing and Acting Life Experiences. It's about
as 'Post Modern' as Life Will Get to Live a Huge Lie; It's Just another Color of 'Purple Haze'; that folks
Fail to smell in Gaslit ways.

Rigidity of Conservatism is Heir Apparent in the Systemizing Mind.

Fluidity of Liberalism is Heir Apparent in the Artistic Soul that Systemizes what is Larger than the 'Objective World';

Yin and Yang; Nothing New Under the 'Human Sun' that continues to Shine All over, Generally Alike, DarK Thru LiGHT;

There Are Boats in Harbors; Some Venture Out into Open Seas of Ravaging Storms That Bring Huge Waves;

These Boats Have Sails and Anchors;

'Whole Boats' Have Both;

'Half Boats' Need Each Other to Balance Each Other Out;

Generally Speaking, 'Whole Boats' Are 'Whole' Enough to Understand The 'Entire Boat Condition' and Forgive it too;

"Love For Giving Thanks Giving For Love"; Honestly, it exists; You can even Google "it" and Find it, in Quotes; hehe..;)

Haha; i'm about as 'Liberal and Conservative' as 'they' get; My Best Friends online at least consist of an Historically
Older Female Moderator From 'this place' with a Hugely Systemizing Mind; A Jain Female Indian Group Manager Auditor
From the United Arab Emirates, currently; The Wife of a Southern Baptist Pastor; And A Widowed Very Devout
Egyptian Mother of Two Children Who Teaches Arabic to High School Females; There is Also Another Devout
Muslim Female from Pakistan; Who not too long ago entered into an arranged Marriage; that reminds me to say
hello to her; i structure that Routine Friendship activity on the 7th of every Month, now that she has become Married.

Wow! That's 5 Close Intimate Friends; at Least as Avatars online; quite an accomplishment for me at least and that's
for 'Damned' sure; True though i only hear from one of them Twice a year; Shouldn't be Hard to guess which one; hehe..;)

i've Danced 12,360 Miles in Public close to half the Distance Around the Globe at the Equator in the Last 75 Months
along with a Longest Long Form Poem 'Bible' at 7.5 Million Words; In the Last 42 Months, i've Completed 5 Million
Words Celebrating that Featnote and Milestone as i arrived at that Point Yesterday; with what i also Name as
"Nether Land Bible 2017", Child of that 7.5 Million Word "SonG oF mY SoUL" Longer Effort. "Nether Land Bible
2017" has 6 Subtitled Long Form Poem 'Bibles' as Yes it is literally 6 times the Size of the Old King James
Sized Bible as on average i knock one of those out of the Free Verse Write of Poetry Every 7 Months on Average now.
Just Proof that i Do Liberal Stuff out of the box; and yes My Sister is Diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome too;
met one person on the Spectrum; met only one; true, i was more of a 'Nerd' than 'Sheldon Cooper' when Young.
Now i'm literally Famous for the Public Dance Where i live; Acquaintances but not really Intimate Friends who tend
to hug and high-5 me everywhere i go now; Even Little Children Roll Down their Car Windows i've never seen
before and Wave And Yell Bye to me after me and my Wife Leaves Walmart in the Parking Lot after a Free
Store Dance of 2 or 3 Marathon Hours on Public Display for the Meditative Movement it provides as
i literally Have a 'Stimming' Prescription From my Psychiatrist as Science Shows Moving Meditation
is Effective in Regulating Emotions and Integrating Senses; the only Real Remedy there is
for Asperger's Syndrome is Regulating Emotions according to 'Tony Atwood'; Asperger's Guru.
Note: this is a Monologue; Note: a 7.5 Million Word Bible Poem is too; Note: the Ghost Writers/Scribes who are
Responsible for 'the Old Bible' probably were somewhere on a mix of a spectrum of Asperger's and Bi-polar too;
"Perfect Storm" of Balancing Out "Low Levels of Latent Inhibition" in Autotelic Flow of Transient Hypo-Frontality;
in other Words, a "Perfect Mix" of Yin and Yang; Art and Reason; Creativity mixed With Systemizing Mixing Science Mind and Body Balance too. Note: "Perfect" is figurative Language in this Context As the Only Perfect God or Human Will be a Frigging Machine as long as it doesn't 'rust out' or have 'bugs' so true even Machines are not Perfect Literally speaking
Nothing is Perfect; yes, Before Something (God) Happened; but i digress; back to the original story about Friends too:

The Most Liberal one is the Southern Baptist Pastor's Wife; She Totally Supports Trump; Generally Speaking,
i am too Liberal to Have Liberal Friends; i easily go everywhere at ease; in this way, 'Liberal' generally is still 'Conservative';
A 'Truly Liberal Person' has no Problem Getting along with Conservative Folks; they understand the Differences and come
to accept them as just another Part of Human Nature; More Specifically, it is Literally and Figuratively Impossible to put
me in any Category or Label; Not everyone enjoys life this way; that is totally understandable too; at least to me;
my Wife Tells me i am something but she is not sure what; i find this to be the Greatest Compliment a Husband
like me will hear.

Remember 'Class'; We Hallucinate our Realities; accept What Is and Sail on and don't just pass by
the other Ships in Dark of Day or Night of Light; i Woke up in the 'Twilight Zone' As Usual
With 'a Leader' of the Free World insisting that People Flush their Toilets 10 to 15 times; only
Likely 'Dating' Himself with the Size of what He likely leaves Behind in the Morning, as Usual Rap with a C;
His Answer; Turn The Water Pressure Up; Doesn't Matter if 'the whole thing Blows Up. Quickly, i looked to
the Source of the Morning News and Found the Parody Reality Continues to Grow Even Taller As Face Palms
Reach for the Sun
just
out
of Grasp always;
Yes, Sadly too and in other Ways Happy!; That's Life;
This Huuuge Hallucination We continue to Co-Create.
As 'Mr. Toad' (Neo) Might Say; Yes, Ride the Wave Audaciously
so until You fall off and can't get it back up; whichever comes first.


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,375
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

07 Dec 2019, 3:45 pm

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
So what it all boils down to is "Conservatives are the evil white devils and are stooopid and we must get rid of them like the vermin they are by any means necessary!! !"

Because the liberals are all such champions of human rights ya know! :P


There exist plenty of reasonable reasons to criticize liberals, conservatives and any other political bloc. Significant portions of conservatives and reactionaries are well-known for their anti-science and anti-intellectual leanings. It doesn't make them devils or evil, but it does make them lack credibility on issues related to science.

We can disagree without the opposition being 'the adversary of mankind'.


_________________
politics is dumb but very important
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 May 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 896

07 Dec 2019, 5:16 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Significant portions of conservatives and reactionaries are well-known for their anti-science and anti-intellectual leanings. It doesn't make them devils or evil, but it does make them lack credibility on issues related to science.


If someone is anti-intellectual and anti-science, how is that not evil?



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,375
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

07 Dec 2019, 5:19 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Significant portions of conservatives and reactionaries are well-known for their anti-science and anti-intellectual leanings. It doesn't make them devils or evil, but it does make them lack credibility on issues related to science.


If someone is anti-intellectual and anti-science, how is that not evil?


Seriously?
One can be wrong without being evil or having malicious intentions. :|


_________________
politics is dumb but very important
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 May 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 896

07 Dec 2019, 5:32 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
thinkinginpictures wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Significant portions of conservatives and reactionaries are well-known for their anti-science and anti-intellectual leanings. It doesn't make them devils or evil, but it does make them lack credibility on issues related to science.


If someone is anti-intellectual and anti-science, how is that not evil?


Seriously?
One can be wrong without being evil or having malicious intentions. :|


It's like those producing or sharing fake news. It's not because they believe the stories to be true, but because it serves a higher purpose, in their opinion.

I'll explain:

Anti-scientists are not really against science per se. But they deliberately exploit common people's (non-scientists) lack of scientific and logical reasoning, in order to serve a specific political purpose.

Example:

Everybody know the climate crisis is caused by mankind.
Everybody know about the reasons for the climate crisis.

Then there are those who claim otherwise (either claim they know nothing about it or claim they have a different "theory" for global warming).

Either way, those people in denial are liars. They know perfectly well what they are talking about and they know global warming is man-made.

But for various selfish reasons, they have an interest in downplaying the global warming issue - so they make up all sorts of excuses not to do something about it, ie. voting in opposition to liberal/green parties, making various climate-denial statements or try to otherwise sabotage the cause for action.

It's like holocaust denial: They KNOW holocaust happened, but because they are sympathetic to nazism but know that some people wouldn't be, they downplay the holocaust to get more people sympathetic to their political opinion.

How can you be so blindly naive and believe that people's stupidity is genuine?
Stupidity is not common in mankind. People acting like if they are supid however, is very common.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,720
Location: Australia

07 Dec 2019, 5:42 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
Scientists tend to disagree more with Conservative values, than with liberal values.
This is because the left wing liberals knows the reality of the world, and conservatives have false beliefs.


As a conservative hardcore atheist, I find this amusing.
I more than suspect your view is more relevant in America, where there is a large committed theist population, as opposed to Australia, which is much more secular. :wink:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. "Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions." I didn't say that. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


THERE WILL BE NO COUP IN AMERICA!


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,375
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

07 Dec 2019, 6:03 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
thinkinginpictures wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Significant portions of conservatives and reactionaries are well-known for their anti-science and anti-intellectual leanings. It doesn't make them devils or evil, but it does make them lack credibility on issues related to science.


If someone is anti-intellectual and anti-science, how is that not evil?


Seriously?
One can be wrong without being evil or having malicious intentions. :|


It's like those producing or sharing fake news. It's not because they believe the stories to be true, but because it serves a higher purpose, in their opinion.

I'll explain:

Anti-scientists are not really against science per se. But they deliberately exploit common people's (non-scientists) lack of scientific and logical reasoning, in order to serve a specific political purpose.

Example:

Everybody know the climate crisis is caused by mankind.
Everybody know about the reasons for the climate crisis.

Then there are those who claim otherwise (either claim they know nothing about it or claim they have a different "theory" for global warming).

Either way, those people in denial are liars. They know perfectly well what they are talking about and they know global warming is man-made.

But for various selfish reasons, they have an interest in downplaying the global warming issue - so they make up all sorts of excuses not to do something about it, ie. voting in opposition to liberal/green parties, making various climate-denial statements or try to otherwise sabotage the cause for action.

It's like holocaust denial: They KNOW holocaust happened, but because they are sympathetic to nazism but know that some people wouldn't be, they downplay the holocaust to get more people sympathetic to their political opinion.

How can you be so blindly naive and believe that people's stupidity is genuine?
Stupidity is not common in mankind. People acting like if they are supid however, is very common.


There's both dupes and shills within the population you're describing. One can make a case the shills are evil, although more likely the self-interested type of evil, they're not supervillains. The dupes are generally decent people motivated by faulty understandings and false 'facts'. Most people are complicated and dragging out labels like evil to describe people who disagree with you doesn't present your position in a very positive light.


_________________
politics is dumb but very important
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,323
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

07 Dec 2019, 6:19 pm

Shrapnel wrote:
thinkinginpictures wrote:

That's why left wing policies should dominate the world, and we should ban conservatism altogether - because conservatism is anti-science and anti-reasoning.


And dominate you would. Scratch a liberal, reveal a totalitarian.


So civil right legislation for racial minorities, sexual minorities, workers, immigrants, the poor, etc brought to us by liberals is all a totalitarian scheme?


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 555

08 Dec 2019, 4:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:
thinkinginpictures wrote:
That's why left wing policies should dominate the world, and we should ban conservatism altogether - because conservatism is anti-science and anti-reasoning.

And dominate you would. Scratch a liberal, reveal a totalitarian.

So civil right legislation for racial minorities, sexual minorities, workers, immigrants, the poor, etc brought to us by liberals is all a totalitarian scheme?


So you agree that 'conservatism should be banned altogether'. That we'd be better off with one party rule, rather than a democratic republic. That's what I take exception to.

A quick google search:
Quote:
Which party voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

The Senate version, voted on by the House: Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%) Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)



thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 May 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 896

08 Dec 2019, 9:40 am

Pepe wrote:
thinkinginpictures wrote:
Scientists tend to disagree more with Conservative values, than with liberal values.
This is because the left wing liberals knows the reality of the world, and conservatives have false beliefs.


As a conservative hardcore atheist, I find this amusing.
I more than suspect your view is more relevant in America, where there is a large committed theist population, as opposed to Australia, which is much more secular. :wink:


Conservatism is anti-welfare state.

Science has proven that welfare states improves people's health and quality of life.

If you are a conservative, you are either:

A) Against science because you refuse to believe the scientific results on welfare states.
B) Against welfare anyway, regardless of what science says.

In either way, you're anti-science.



beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2005
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,242

08 Dec 2019, 10:31 am

Shrapnel wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:
And dominate you would. Scratch a liberal, reveal a totalitarian.

So civil right legislation for racial minorities, sexual minorities, workers, immigrants, the poor, etc brought to us by liberals is all a totalitarian scheme?


So you agree that 'conservatism should be banned altogether'. That we'd be better off with one party rule, rather than a democratic republic. That's what I take exception to.


Where the heck did this come from?


_________________
"You have a responsibility to consider all sides of a problem and a responsibility to make a judgment and a responsibility to care for all involved." --Ian Danskin


thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 May 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 896

08 Dec 2019, 2:12 pm

beneficii wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:
And dominate you would. Scratch a liberal, reveal a totalitarian.

So civil right legislation for racial minorities, sexual minorities, workers, immigrants, the poor, etc brought to us by liberals is all a totalitarian scheme?


So you agree that 'conservatism should be banned altogether'. That we'd be better off with one party rule, rather than a democratic republic. That's what I take exception to.


Where the heck did this come from?


I believe Shrapnel was referring to my OP where I wrote that Conservatism should be banned.

I do want to ban conservative political parties, but I don't want to live in a one-party state either.

There's plenty of room for liberal, social-liberal, socialist, and - if they stay away from conservatism, social-democratic parties as well.

The reason I want to prohibit conservatism, is because I - amongst many others - need welfare to survive.

Conservatives want to abolish welfare benefits like unemployment benefits, disability pensions and conscript people into forced labor duty, jailing anyone who's a draft dodger. That's why I in return want to jail conservatives.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,375
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

08 Dec 2019, 3:11 pm

Just out of curiosity, how many of the 'leftists' don't agree with banning conservationism; I'm pretty sure thinkinginpictures is out of step with most folks who might be considered as leftist or left leaning on here on this matter.


_________________
politics is dumb but very important
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 May 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 896

08 Dec 2019, 3:28 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how many of the 'leftists' don't agree with banning conservationism; I'm pretty sure thinkinginpictures is out of step with most folks who might be considered as leftist or left leaning on here on this matter.


That's an Argumentum Ad Populum fallacy.

I don't care how many or few agree or disagree with me. My opinion is not based on the rule of majority.
It is based on my own conscience.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,323
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

08 Dec 2019, 3:54 pm

Shrapnel wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:
thinkinginpictures wrote:
That's why left wing policies should dominate the world, and we should ban conservatism altogether - because conservatism is anti-science and anti-reasoning.

And dominate you would. Scratch a liberal, reveal a totalitarian.

So civil right legislation for racial minorities, sexual minorities, workers, immigrants, the poor, etc brought to us by liberals is all a totalitarian scheme?


So you agree that 'conservatism should be banned altogether'. That we'd be better off with one party rule, rather than a democratic republic. That's what I take exception to.

A quick google search:
Quote:
Which party voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

The Senate version, voted on by the House: Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%) Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)


Do I want conservatism banned? Uh... no.
Back when civil rights legislation was passed, there were still conservative Democrats (especially in the south), and liberal Republicans, such as the Rockefellers. Said liberal Republicans gradually floated into the Democratic party as southern conservative Democrats became Republicans during the Nixon and Reagan years.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,375
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

08 Dec 2019, 4:04 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how many of the 'leftists' don't agree with banning conservationism; I'm pretty sure thinkinginpictures is out of step with most folks who might be considered as leftist or left leaning on here on this matter.


That's an Argumentum Ad Populum fallacy.

I don't care how many or few agree or disagree with me. My opinion is not based on the rule of majority.
It is based on my own conscience.


I'm not making an argument against you, I'm just making sure the rest of us aren't lumped in with you later on. I'm making it clear that most of us aren't in favour of this sort of authoritarianism so that it can't be used as a strawman argument by posters who like to rant about how horrible the left is.

As long as everyone understands you don't speak for the majority of we're all on the same page.


_________________
politics is dumb but very important
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う