Trump anti-Semitic trope spree in front of pro Trump Jews

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2019, 2:42 pm

Trump tells pro-Israel conference that some US Jews don’t love Israel enough

Quote:

US President Donald Trump told a pro-Israel conference Saturday night that some American Jews don’t love Israel enough. He also noting that he did not have to worry about getting his audience’s votes, because they would cast ballots with business interests in mind.

Those comments, to the Israeli American Council advocacy group in Florida, drew quick criticism from opponents and were derided as anti-Semitic.

In his 45-minute speech to an audience of over 4,300, the president criticized American Jews who, he said, were not sufficiently supportive of the Jewish state.

You have people — Jewish people — and they are great people and they don’t love Israel enough,” he said.

The comments were reminiscent of remarks he made in August when he said that Jews who vote for Democrats were disloyal, drawing a vociferous backlash.

Nonetheless, the vigorously pro-Israel crowd in Hollywood, Florida, cheered the president with chants of “Four more years!” and loud applause.

Trump was welcomed to the stage by Miriam and Sheldon Adelson, who fund the IAC and who donated $30 million to Trump’s campaign in the final months of the 2016 race.

Wading into the 2020 campaign, Trump said the crowd would not vote for one of his potential Democratic opponents because she would take their wealth away.

“You have to vote for me, you have no choice,” Trump said. “You’re not going to vote for Pocahontas, I can tell you that,” referring to Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, in a dig at her claiming Native American ancestry.

Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) addresses a crowd outside of the Francis Marion Performing Arts Center October 26, 2019 in Florence, South Carolina. (Sean Rayford/Getty Images/AFP)
“You’re not going to vote for the wealth tax,” he went on. “Let’s take 100 percent of your wealth away. No, no. Even if you don’t like me — and some of you don’t; some of you, I don’t like at all, actually — and you’re going to be my biggest supporters because you’ll be out of business in about 15 minutes.”

Speaking about finding a location for the US Embassy in Israel, he told the audience, “A lot of you are in the real estate business.”

“I know you very well, you’re brutal realtors.”

In 2015, Trump, then a candidate, told the Republican Jewish Coalition that “you’re not going to support me because I don’t want your money. You want to control your politicians, that’s fine.”

He forgot to say “Jew you down” and discuss “Jewish lightning”(sarcasm)

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Dec 2019, 3:10 pm

Most of that is the sort of stuff we’ve unfortunately come to expect from Mr Trump.

The thing that stood out to me was Trump telling some of his supporters that he doesn’t like them. Talk about political savvy :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 12:55 am

"You people are brutal retailers."

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 5:12 am

The_Walrus wrote:
Most of that is the sort of stuff we’ve unfortunately come to expect from Mr Trump.

The thing that stood out to me was Trump telling some of his supporters that he doesn’t like them. Talk about political savvy :lol:

He was talking about Jewish Democrats.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 7:05 am

At least I'm glad to be reminded that there are Jews who are critical of Israel's treatment of the Palestinians.

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.