Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 4:47 pm

One place I worked at had bullies working in the shipping department. A package arrived just a few minutes before the police showed up with a warrant and a sniffer dog. The dog made a beeline for the package, which was addressed to the shipping supervisor. Inside the box were a note, some illegal substances and some personal effects of the supervisor. The unsigned note listed the contents of the box, and included a statement to the effect that no future shipments would be sent until payment was received on all previous shipments. It also mentioned the other bullies by name. All of them were immediately arrested, and were later dismissed from their jobs.

The supervisor swore that he had no idea what the note referred to, and that his personal effects had been lost or stolen at a party he'd been to. Who shipped them? Nobody knows.

:wink: Certainly not I!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 6:14 pm

"bullying" by definition, is wrong

However, the alleged victim has a larger definition of "bullying" than the defendant

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 10:03 pm

I'm coming to this late but - really if you want to see some hardened survivors of this as well as people who really get the ins and outs of what's happening listen to Bret and Eric Weinstein, especially Eric's 'The Portal' podcast.

I like the way he's put it - it's a game of sharp minds and sharp elbows where when times are good sharp minds prevail and when times are hard or in decadence sharp elbows tend to prevail instead.

Jordan Hall also said something really useful recently on Rebel Wisdom when interviewing with David Fuller, ie. that we live in a culture built on abstraction of competence where, for example, level 0 would be living in the woods and fixing your own pipes if they broke (immediate intimacy with the solution), level 1 is you hire a plumber, level 2 is you persuade a superintendent to call a plumber and fix the problem, and so most of what we call social life is extremely meta and where competence lacks then social manipulation and quite often petty despotism ends up making the difference (a lot of it is the sort of inversion that parents have to be careful of where if a toddler drops a spoon and you pick it up too many times they assume that their dropping the spoon is causal power over the parent).

Darwinian programming of neurology and minds seems to have no lower limit in terms of what it's capable of, rather it's an environmental fitness game. The best advice I can give you - keep these things in mind, if you care about being a decent human being know that you're on the right side of history, that you're keeping your sovereignty, and that what you have is more important than what these people have quite often sold themselves out for. Other than making sure that you're not a pain in the arse where you can avoid it you owe them very little else. I've been in situations where it seems like my own blood wouldn't be enough - that's where I realize I have to be disagreeable and give a loud 'go ---- yourself' signal (either nonverbally or couched in my reactions) so they know my boundaries if I love myself at all (which I do love myself and I'd encourage anyone whose going through these things to love themselves as well).

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

JewShirlz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Apr 2020, 1:35 pm

I recommend audio/video recording abuse and then reporting it somehow to the Dept of Education, an attorney. I plan to make a film about the harassment I and others suffered as an autistic person e.g. I was working with a school that had teachers who were trained to work with autistic children who falsely accused me of things like being on drugs. Let me know if you are interested in making a film that includes your experiences.