Page 10 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Omerik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2010, 4:28 pm

As some-kind-of-believer - I prefer people who reject God, and try to figure things out for themselves, rather than people who think everything will happen automatically.

If you say that everything happens because of his will, than scientific research happens according to his will as well, doesn't it?

Otherwise, it's not a question of God, it's a question of a way or life. If God exists, we'll find that out. What are religious people afraid of? I don't understand it...

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2010, 7:52 pm

Omerik wrote:
As some-kind-of-believer - I prefer people who reject God, and try to figure things out for themselves, rather than people who think everything will happen automatically.

If you say that everything happens because of his will, than scientific research happens according to his will as well, doesn't it?

Otherwise, it's not a question of God, it's a question of a way or life. If God exists, we'll find that out. What are religious people afraid of? I don't understand it...

Fears for them depend on their "social status." For example, a person on the lower end would fear something that proves contradictory to their faith (ie, intellectual fear). However, someone higher up in said religion fears losing followers to fact/truth . . . in other words, their power over the people (fear of losing power). I think the movie "V for Vendetta" sums it up best.