Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

2_feet_back
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Dec 2019, 6:50 pm

Hi, i am carter. or barthy, or empty, or skeetles. I have done a lot for 21, most of it i had no interest in haha. I am diagnosed with Aspergers and some other things. I also struggle with addiction. Feeling kind of isolated and maybe out of touch, and always curious, i googled "why do people think i am lying". And i found people who wondered and pondered upon the same insecurity here. I got some understanding and comfort. This forum just makes sense. so hello, thanks for existing or whatever :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2019, 7:49 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

jordanalmokdad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Dec 2019, 8:16 pm

hello hello hello hello. welcome welcome.

Quote:
i have addiction 'problems' regarding habits, routines and some obsession imbalances regarding curtain things and people, that can spiral out of control, consciously and thought wise. i am addicted to lights for example. i will spend, usually, each full moon staring at the moon, then suddenly, light from moon reflecting into the back of my eye wobbling about in my vision = "time to do a light show in pitch black in my room with synthesizer." addiction isn't a good nor bad thing... now i'm turning my addiction to light into a public light and ambient funk thingy street music show when i'm ready
- the funky side of jordanalmokdad that organic jordanalmokdad possesses... yup, i'm my own puppet, haha!

welcome to wrong planet and hope your wrongplanet thingy magigy experience is okey docey.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2019, 8:31 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

To address the question of why do people think you are lying. This is a problem common to many Aspies. As a general rule Aspies tend to not look other people in the eyes and as a result we did not learn to project facial expressions like other NTs. Most NTs can look at a person and their eyes and size them up as "friend or foe" within seconds. Because we avoid eye contact, they cannot generally read us and assume the worst.

Psychologist Paul Ekman, an authority on facial expressions, says that of the 23 facial expressions relating to human emotion, about one-third involve the eyes. Shades may slightly obscure your view of the world, but they also hide the world's view of how you are feeling.

Not being able to see a person's eyes greatly reduces our ability to infer his or her emotions. For example, telling a fake smile from a real one can be difficult; but if the person who is smiling is wearing shades then detecting the sham smile is almost impossible. In a real smile, a muscle called the orbicularis oculi is activated, creating a hard-to-fake crinkling around the eyes. The eyes truly are the windows to the soul.

The eyes, eyelids, eyebrows and orbicularis oculi muscle play a major role in projecting emotions and the degree of emotions.

One solution to this problem is to completely obscure the area around your eyes. In my case I accomplish this by wearing blue tinted mirrored glasses. I chose blue because blue is peaceful, tranquil and symbolizes loyalty. Blue is reliable and responsible. It exhibits inner security and confidence. Since I started wearing this type of glasses two years ago, people have generally acted more friendly towards me. Even total stranger will come up to me and start conversations.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 8:45 am

Welcome. I hope you continue to receive (an give) understanding and comfort here.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 3:53 pm

Hi and welcome Carter :)! Good to have you with us.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 4:09 pm

Hello.