Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2019, 11:04 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
^It sounds to me (not that I know much) that you need regular access to peace and quiet. Do you live in a city?
You could not have said it better. Yes, unfortunately I live right on the edge of the city. Not the exact inner city line but very close to it and just a few blocks from the county line. If I had the resources to move to a place that was good for me I would. I am now applying for grants for sound reducing windows for my house and for assisted technology. I hope the sound reducing ear muffs that are super expensive but that work much better than my $25 pair from Home Depot will be considered assisted technology for Autistic people. But it's a darn shame. I should not have to do that when people can just buy headsets to listen to their music or just turn it down especially because this city is full of sound ordinances that make it against the law to blast your stereos. But of course all the responsibility is placed on the victim so I have to apply for grants for like $20,000 to replace all the windows in my house and get high quality sound reducing ear muffs just because people refuse to turn their music down or buy a cheap blue tooth headset.

Wreck It Ralph

Abstract_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 12:21 pm

On behalf of all ducks in the world, I strongly insist you NOT use the phrase "quack" to refer to charlatans.

RPG enthusiast
Has OCD, social anxiety, CPTSD

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 4:39 pm

Abstract_Logic wrote:
On behalf of all ducks in the world, I strongly insist you NOT use the phrase "quack" to refer to charlatans.
Funny! M.R. decoys!

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 4:42 pm

I showed that assessment to my trauma therapist today and she told me that it the whole thing is concerning but the most concerning part of it is that he actually said he wanted to rule out Autism and look for Cluster A, Cluster B and Dependent personality disorder instead. Even though the ER wrote exactly what I was there for and I explained it to him very clearly as well, he decided that I wasn't actually Autistic and that everything I was saying was BS. And all this from a 5 minute argument with him.

Wreck It Ralph

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Dec 2019, 2:26 am

skibum wrote:
I showed that assessment to my trauma therapist today and she told me that it the whole thing is concerning but the most concerning part of it is that he actually said he wanted to rule out Autism and look for Cluster A, Cluster B and Dependent personality disorder instead. Even though the ER wrote exactly what I was there for and I explained it to him very clearly as well, he decided that I wasn't actually Autistic and that everything I was saying was BS. And all this from a 5 minute argument with him.

That generally puzzles me about psychiatrists:
They know of one's symptoms only as much as the patient told them but they don't believe in what the patient says.
I had this problem with the one who misdiagnosed me. Whenever I said anything contradicting his opinion, he dumped it as delusions :x

Luckily, I got out of this crap with a help from another psychiatrist, one who actually did listen to me - but it was a mix of luck and proper use of my strengths to get out of this hell.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

plokijuh
Toucan
Toucan

17 Dec 2019, 2:39 am

Funnily with my current psychologist I keep questioning whether she's capable because she listens to me and believes what I say. I was lamenting to my husband how I feel terribly anxious because what if she's only basing her assessment on the assumption that I am accurately remembering myself (not actually true, she's extensively spoken to my husband and we've used lots of other records). He was so confused, poor guy, he was like, "would you rather she ignored you and dismissed your point of view?"

AQ: 42 (Scores in the 33-50 range indicate significant Austistic traits)
RAADS-R: 165
RDOS: Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 44 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)