Post Something That Made You Stressed Today.

Page 1 of 11 [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 2:49 pm

I saw just seconds of clear video of a column of refugees, and it reminded me of times I've had to move on with what I could grab. I've worked most of my life to prevent refugee-causing situations, yet I'm sitting here making things worse with my furnace more than once an hour. I don't know if I should work on reducing my footprint, or work on the overall system. Either way, I'm likely to hit walls of misunderstanding, repeating frustrating old patterns.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 4:50 pm

Feeling lethargic for some reason and hoping it's not the onset of some sort of flu because I've made special plans for Christmas this year and I don't want to be ill.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 5:05 pm

Dear_one wrote:
I saw just seconds of clear video of a column of refugees, and it reminded me of times I've had to move on with what I could grab. I've worked most of my life to prevent refugee-causing situations, yet I'm sitting here making things worse with my furnace more than once an hour. I don't know if I should work on reducing my footprint, or work on the overall system. Either way, I'm likely to hit walls of misunderstanding, repeating frustrating old patterns.

Keep the feet you have and let the footprints look after themselves.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 5:07 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Feeling lethargic for some reason and hoping it's not the onset of some sort of flu because I've made special plans for Christmas this year and I don't want to be ill.

I don't know what lethargic means. I hope you stay well, healthy and fit over Christmas and in the future. :)

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 5:10 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Dear_one wrote:

That is tempting, but I have been stepped on too much to not want to help when I can. What is trivial to me today is potentially life-saving to someone down on their luck, and I've been on the receiving end a bit too.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 5:13 pm

Dear_one wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Dear_one wrote:

That is tempting, but I have been stepped on too much to not want to help when I can. What is trivial to me today is potentially life-saving to someone down on their luck, and I've been on the receiving end a bit too.

I hope everything works out well for you. You are a tallented person.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

23 Dec 2019, 6:31 pm

Went to pick up a refill on a monthly prescription and the shrink accidentally wrote for less.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 10:25 pm

Could be anything, really.
It's mostly just me and my misinterpretations of things, the costs and attempts to make a change out of myself while undergoing certain changes myself. Really, it could just be anything.

Must I remind myself, no matter the situation, a mere whisper in my mind came as I mindlessly walked to work:

"You're in the era of Peace. Be grateful and enjoy it."

Dunno where it came or that if I actually thought of it. But what I do know is that it doesn't impose this view, and take it as is. The message is entirely up to you or myself to interpret.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 11:11 pm

The giant crowd at the bowling alley.

plokijuh
Toucan
Toucan

24 Dec 2019, 1:35 am

My children fighting.

AQ: 42 (Scores in the 33-50 range indicate significant Austistic traits)
RAADS-R: 165
RDOS: Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 44 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2019, 10:05 am

A family member and I got in an argument yesterday about plans we had made to spend time together.

He thought that I agreed to hang out with him on Friday, but I was really busy on Friday so I'm positive that I had told him I could do any day "other than Friday". I actually thought we had agreed to Thursday instead. So when Thursday had passed and he never called me to hang out (he was going to call me when he was free), I figured he was just busy or something and didn't worry about it. Truth be told, I would have been hurt by this if it were any other family member or friend, but he bails on maybe 60% of plans he makes these days. Reasons he cites include having trouble sleeping, work responsibilities, or even just not wanting to come sometimes. I heard through his wife that he slept in through his morning work meeting and so I assumed it was another one of those cases. For this reason I didn't feel the need to call him to ask why he canceled. I figured this would only stir up drama unnecessarily and so I just decided to hang out with my Mom and Dad instead.

Because of this miscommunication about the day though, on Friday he called me asking to hang out. I had to tell him that I couldn't because I was busy. Instead of being accommodating about the mix-up like I had the day before, he yelled at me and said that I "intentionally blew him off." My sister says he just gets upset around the holidays and that I shouldn't take his reaction to heart, but then she got into an argument with him about how he treated me too. Now it's Christmas Eve and everyone's mad at everyone (except for me, since I am more confused than mad), and I feel bad because my miscommunication seems to have been the catalyst for it all. :|

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2019, 10:43 am

My room was very cold when I woke up this morning.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2019, 10:53 am

it's christmas.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

SadPhD
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Dec 2019, 3:24 pm

Finding out that my fear of unpredictable people (and avoidance of them) somehow makes me "just as intolerant as a homophobe," according to an NT friend.

NT standards stress me out every day. But today was "special."

Neurotypical 46/200
VIQ/PIQ (updated 2018): 122/110
Official dx in 2001; re-dx'd in 2018

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2019, 10:08 pm

Opening presents.

DemophobicKlingon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Dec 2019, 7:36 am

For yesterday, sharing the breakroom at work during my break. My boss keeping on asking me if I need anything, when I told him that I'm fine. I don't want to be a broken record.

INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so