Post Something That Made You Stressed Today.

Page 10 of 11 [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 5:41 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Same here. I walk 10 miles a day, and run 3 miles about every other day. I still have a belly.

I'm not into exercising either. I just count on the fact that I probably burn off calories when I'm at work, where I'm carrying heavy buckets of water back and forth to sweep, disinfect and mop a whole fleet of buses in a large space that requires a lot of walking about. I'm naturally a thin person so it won't take much to lose weight, all I've got to really do is cut back on sugar and I'll probably lose the pounds. But I'm lacking willpower right now, and most sugar free candy or diet/zero sugar cola don't agree with my stomach.

ArtsyFarsty
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 May 2021, 10:10 pm

I was just finished a two-week stint at the office (we’re still on staggered schedules)...populated by me and one very chatty coworker. He’s a nice guy and all, but it’s a lot of pressure to be someone’s only social outlet. By the end of today, I just didn’t even bother responding to him any more. Too mentally drained.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2021, 4:28 pm

Often; when, I know of what I'm talking about subject matter wise and someone tends to 2nd guess me; making me, feel as if I'm absolutely clueless and ignorant of such..

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2021, 9:03 pm

For the last 2 weeks, totally unemployed and without income and dealing my 2 sons, who are home all day doing online classes for at least a month. I'm a single parent with the usual range of autistic issues, but with greater sensory difficulties than most. Very stressful.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 8:09 am

Grocery store bathroom, janitor

Tried to go to home improvement store

No bathroom

Urinated in the bushes

Makes me paranoid, because, officially, Public Urination, subject to registration as convicted sex offender, legally

Set up to fail

Where do the homeless go to the bathroom?

(Socioeconomic discrimination)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 8:39 am

A "leaper" blocking both directions of the freeway this morning, and causing me to be 10 minutes late.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 8:42 am

You're lucky it was only 10 minutes.....in NYC, the delay would have been an hour, at least.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 9:08 pm

Being mis-gendered twice before noon. In my next life, I wish to be born male.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 3:25 am

Having the 4th lockdown. :evil:

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 3:37 pm

Situation with neighbours becoming unbearable. Started looking at the local property rental market. Very depressing and stressful. I don't like my home, but it's bigger, cheaper and better situated than anything else out there. Feeling trapped.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 3:53 pm

Unreliability.

Doesn't matter which or why or where it came from.

It's one of the few things I'm lamenting about. And one of the many things I'm dealing against from many sources.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 5:31 pm

That my sister is one of those persons; whom, think that if your not working, than your deliberately being lazy and that it's said person's fault.. :roll:

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 6:53 am

I tried posting on another site, and just as the discussion was getting interesting, they hid it from public view. This reminds me of the hours I've spent trying to post negative reviews of products, and having them tossed on some mysterious technicality.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 7:22 am

Dear_one wrote:
I tried posting on another site, and just as the discussion was getting interesting, they hid it from public view. This reminds me of the hours I've spent trying to post negative reviews of products, and having them tossed on some mysterious technicality.

That sounds that it was not a technical glitch whatsoever; more, along the lines of intentional.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 8:57 pm

Travelling for an hour and a half to a vet to look at the cat (not a lot wrong with him but he's developed a worrying limp so examination and advice was needed). Cat hates travelling and was sick on the way. I got nausea but wasn't sick. The local vet doesn't allow owners into the building, as a COVID precaution. This one only works if you go in. So that meant being indoors with strangers and although I've had both my jabs, it still feels risky, especially when they have clear rules and some people ignore them. I've barely been in such a situation since the start of the pandemic, and the journey required an uncommonly early start, so I was feeling dippy and I felt I was accidentally taking one or two minor risks that were logically perfectly avoidable. And with any medical consultation (human or otherwise), there can be bad news at the end of it, so I was also apprehensive of that until I knew there wasn't going to be.

After that, while still getting over the nausea and stress, I got reminded that I have to have a conversation this weekend with my wife about whether she'll start taking beta blockers for occasional tachycardia. Whichever way the decision goes it's not a good sign for her health. She's already got enough ailments and medications.

I hate stress but it seems to follow me about.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 9:19 pm

That does sound stressful TD! :( I'm glad your kitty seems relatively OK. We can't go into the vets here either. A vet wants to operate on my dog and there's no way I'll consider it if I can't even wait indoors. It doesn't seem urgent so I'm waiting.

Best wishes to you, your kitty, and your wife as well!