Post Something That Made You Stressed Today.

Page 1 of 11 [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2019, 2:02 pm

Getting issues with my short term memory. My Mum is as well.
I have plastic panels underneath my car. I have several of the fastners missing, so I went to a shop I worked in and bought two packets. Because the guy at the till forgot to add the discount until after, he messed up the till receipt and gave me the wrong one, and he binned the right receipt.
Unfortunately the fastners are too small to fit.
OK. So instead of the 17 mile drive each way I now have about 40 to 45 miles drive each way to get the right fastners so none of rhe panels start to come lose and get damaged. So I drove all the way up to the dealer which involves twisty countryside roads and asked if they had them.
They usually keep them in stock but they didn't have any, so they had to order them.
So another 90 mile round trip I made to get them.
I wasn't up to crawling underneath the car due to stress and needing to be driving my Mum around, and my brothers going through a tough patch etc... Well. This evening I decided to get the fastners ready so I can use them. I left them in the car because I know if I put them somewhere else I will not find them.
Well. Do you think I can find them? I have even checked the spare wheel. Nothing whatsoever.
So as I hate phoning, it is going to be two more 90 mile trips to order and then get some more before rhe panels get damaged.
I have started looking through everything in my bedroom. My Mums checking everything downstairs. I will have to pay out for two trips and another £6 to £7. For the fastners if I don't find them.
And while I have been looking for them twice I have lost my torch. What is wrong with me?

Anyone else have these moments?

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2019, 2:18 pm

Just some plans that I made not working and some technical issues.

Last edited by Sahn on 17 Dec 2019, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2019, 2:38 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I have plastic panels underneath my car. I have several of the fastners missing, so I went to a shop I worked in and bought two packets. Because the guy at the till forgot to add the discount until after, he messed up the till receipt and gave me the wrong one, and he binned the right receipt.
OK. So instead of the 17 mile drive each way I now have about 40 to 45 miles drive each way to get the right fastners so none of rhe panels start to come lose and get damaged. So I drove all the way up to the dealer which involves twisty countryside roads and asked if they had them.
They usually keep them in stock but they didn't have any, so they had to order them.
I wasn't up to crawling underneath the car due to stress and needing to be driving my Mum around, and my brothers going through a tough patch etc... Well. This evening I decided to get the fastners ready so I can use them. I left them in the car because I know if I put them somewhere else I will not find them.
Well. Do you think I can find them? I have even checked the spare wheel. Nothing whatsoever.
So as I hate phoning, it is going to be two more 90 mile trips to order and then get some more before rhe panels get damaged.
I have started looking through everything in my bedroom. My Mums checking everything downstairs. I will have to pay out for two trips and another £6 to £7. For the fastners if I don't find them.
And while I have been looking for them twice I have lost my torch. What is wrong with me?

Jacket pocket?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2019, 4:10 pm

I think I ought to post here daily, as at least one thing a day stresses me out. :lol:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2019, 4:58 pm

domineekee wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Jacket pocket?

Nope. Checked them.

My Mum said something about she remembers putting something in one of my crates.
Well. I have over 100 of the things to look through. It is much easier if I drive up and order another and then go back another day and drive again, but at the moment wr can't because we have to be here for my nephew who has to stay with us at the moment.

Is stick wont beat the dog, dog wont eat the cat etc moment. Oh I hate it when life gets complicated.

I want things easy. Mustn't grumble.

Grumble, grumble!

It could be one of my brothers has seen them and assumed it was theirs. Either aay I have not found it yet and the stress of looking for them has brought me in and out of partial shutdowns again. I hate these moments. Why do I get partial shutdowns at the very times that I need to think clearly and get on with searching for them?

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 8:17 am

did you find them?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 8:23 am

domineekee wrote:
did you find them?

No. They will turn up. I am stubborn now and am ignoring the situation.
What usually happens is I find the things long after and then think "I remember when I used to have that car!"
The good thing is I am now sorting through all my stuff in my bedroom. I really need to do this anyway. It diverts my attention away from the missing items.
I am almost sure my mother has put them somewhere, but I stressed her out enough yesterday and she will not remember where she had put the things. I often find things she put away of mine some 30 years later, long after they were needed, and I only put them down for a few minutes. My Mum automatically tidies everything, but if she does, they are lost for years and I don't want to stress her out.
I am a bit of a perfectionist so the rattling panels really annoy me. The car is also doing 5 to 10 mpg less so I think they maybe catching the wind, but I have not heard any panels scraping the floor, and they don't hang down when I have stopped the car and take a look.
I can't deal with it now anyway if I did find them. I may just drill holes and use cable ties instead.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 8:29 am

domineekee wrote:

Did you sort your issues out?

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 10:30 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
domineekee wrote:

Did you sort your issues out?

Something very convenient just popped up from out of the blue. Last week I was even feelig stressed out while talking to a friend. I could talk but had that horrid feeling of cramming in too much info in a compulsive way and it left me feeling exasperated and stifled. Today was much much better thanks.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 4:54 am

Something small: I went to the cinema and it was pretty full. A guy I didn't know sat next to me. So I had that to think about during the movie.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 1:56 pm

Something small but I will have to go to the big city ext month and not only that, go up to the fourth floor of the building. I hope they have stairs as I don't do lifts. All will be ok I'm sure.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 10:38 pm

The pharmacy where I get my prescriptions did not had one in stock. In fact, the pharmacy has not had it in stock for almost a week even though my doctor is okay with me getting a different medication until the problem is fixed.

DemophobicKlingon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2019, 1:11 pm

Being in a noisy room, and not being in the mood to socialize.

Also being facetimed by someone. Him and I are FRIENDS and nothing more, but apparently, in this day and age males and females can't be "just friends" without people assuming and thus making a *bleep* out of you and me.

He is on the spectrum too and we have all of these in-jokes. There are a lot of situations, where I feel forced to act serious and can't quite be myself, but I like that I have someone who I can be random with and won't judge and I can let my true self out. But we ARE just friends, just because I'm on the spectrum doesn't mean I can't tell the difference between a just-friend situation and dating situation. But other people assume it's more than just friendship because of how goofy we get but that is not flirting or chemistry in my book.

I have been worrying about finding the right person and I don't want a romantic relationship revolving around "lulz randumb" and nothing else, and it makes me feel bad that people think I deserve a romantic relationship based around solely that. On the friendship level, okay but there is also an attraction element that I want, and someone who I can have a deeper discussion with when it comes to a romantic relationship. There is a whole list of things that set a line between dating and friendship for me and qualities that I look for in a person in a romantic partner that differ from just a friend. I've been worrying about having little dating experience at this point in life and other people's assumptions have made talking to him awakward.

INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 8:08 am

Christmas.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 9:23 am

Coughing and getting sick

Surprised that I didn't get sick earlier

Caregiver fatigue

Dirty s**t I have to touch to do the job

Eating badly

Cold temperature

Wet in rain

Not enough sleep

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 2:49 pm

I saw just seconds of clear video of a column of refugees, and it reminded me of times I've had to move on with what I could grab. I've worked most of my life to prevent refugee-causing situations, yet I'm sitting here making things worse with my furnace more than once an hour. I don't know if I should work on reducing my footprint, or work on the overall system. Either way, I'm likely to hit walls of misunderstanding, repeating frustrating old patterns.