Post Something That Made You Stressed Today.

Page 6 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,445

20 Apr 2020, 5:46 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
I generally think that, while I support strict guidelines if they present a proportional public health benefit, we should also trust individuals to make decisions about whether their particular situation requires a slightly different approach.

I think if a state or country requires people to wear masks, then people who have a disability which makes it difficult for them to wear masks should be allowed to stay at home on full pay.


I agree as well!



AspiePrincess611
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jun 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 157
Location: Westeros

20 Apr 2020, 5:51 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
Where I live, they are forcing everyone to wear masks in any stores. I work in a store, and am forced to wear a mask. I have sensory issues, and any fabric or covering across my face no matter the type causes me extreme discomfort. My doctor won't write me a note exempting me from wearing one. I have to work because I need money to live on. I also like going to stores because shopping is fun for me as long as there are no crowds. I can't enjoy anything with my face covered up. I'm really upset about the government taking more and more of our rights away because of some silly flu virus. Like 95 percent of people have very mild symptoms!! Where will the government stop? When will it end? It makes me really angry and I've been getting way more aggressive and hostile than normal. Once again, people like us are made to suffer and are overshadowed by the needs of "high risk" people with more visible disabilities. Are they the only ones whose rights matter? Please don't try to start a debate with me I don't want to argue with people. I'm just sick of suffering for other people's sake. Aside from that, I feel like I have no identity anymore. No one can see my face, and our faces are an essential part of who we are. It's like what they do to women in some Muslim countries, force them to hide themselves away and be anonymous. I can't take it anymore. Sometimes I get really violent and nasty thoughts and I came really close to lashing out at people at my work :evil: :x . My son is so opposed to the mask requirement he refuses to go in any store until the law is lifted and if I didn't need money so bad I would do the same. I tried to complain on Twitter but there were too many NT trolls on there who don't care about people like us or what this is doing to everyone, especially people on the spectrum, so I deleted my account.. Can anyone relate??? Again, please no debates or trolls or people saying "we need to save everyone from the horrible plague" and stuff like that. It's bull and I don't care to hear it. If you don't agree please leave me alone. We are both entitled to our opinion thank you.


You guys need to hear this.

a. I have to wear this mask when I go out as well. It sucks but I'd rather wear it then get others sick.

If you had sensory issues as bad as mine, you might not feel that way. If others don't want to get sick they should stay at home. There are plenty of charitable people who would deliver things to them. We should not have to give up our civil rights for them.

b. Your rights end where your fists reaches my nose. People's lives come before your liberty.

Is this some kind of threat? I think it is, and I reported your post. I will fight this law. I will be at every protest and signing every petition against it I can. I'd rather be in jail than be oppressed. There is a lawyer in my state who will defend anyone cited under this law FOR FREE. Also, our country's amazing President opposes these mask laws also, so I feel perfectly validated that one of the smartest and most successful men our country has produced is fighting for our rights. There are a number of doctors who agree with this also, including the famous Dr. Oz.

c. My father has this virus. He is a senior citizen. Right now, he's doing better but it is those attitudes like yourself with your "rights" that is helping to keep this virus going instead of having a national shelter in place.

This virus will keep going regardless. You can't stop mother nature and you shouldn't try. It's God's will. And there will be other viruses and diseases. You can't save everyone, no matter how hard you try. I'm sorry about your dad. But old people will die, regardless of the virus. Some with terminal illnesses and dementia in nursing homes are better off dead. I watched my grandparents suffer for years in nursing homes praying God would find it in His mercy to take them. I'm glad he's doing better, though. I wish him no ill will.

d. If you don't like what I and others say then don't f*****g post. You don't get to post without someone like myself to respond to your s**t. So accept that life is not fair and suck it up buttercup! Take your "rights" and shove them up your ass. My dad has this thing so eat it!

I will not "eat it", I will fight it. Again, you were reported for cursing and personal attacks. If everyone accepted that "life is not fair" America would not even exist. African Americans would still be slaves. And disabled people would be ignored completely. And by the way, you can shove your masks the same place :lol:
This post, ladies and gentlemen, pissed me off today.

Also, annoying liberals is one of my favorite hobbies :lol:
From now on, I plan to only respond to posts I agree with. If I don't agree, I won't respond.


_________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale
"I might be crazy but I ain't dumb"
Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,499

20 Apr 2020, 5:52 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
I generally think that, while I support strict guidelines if they present a proportional public health benefit, we should also trust individuals to make decisions about whether their particular situation requires a slightly different approach.

I think if a state or country requires people to wear masks, then people who have a disability which makes it difficult for them to wear masks should be allowed to stay at home on full pay.


I agree as well!


How would this be enforced, though? Can you imagine how many millions of people would be asking for doctor's notes to say they should stay home with full pay because they don't like masks? Or would it only be for people who are previously diagnosed with SPD? Even that's not fair because some people with SPD don't mind masks, and other people can't tolerate masks for other reasons, even if they aren't SPD. I don't see a lot of employers paying people for time off in this economy when millions of other people want their jobs. It sounds reasonable because we're all autistic and we understand, but I don't see how this could be put in practice.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,442
Location: Stendec

20 Apr 2020, 5:58 pm

Listening to my neighbors rage on against Disney over being told that they will no longer be paid for staying home during the CoViD-19 crisis.  I mean, I told them from the first day they signed on at Disney to expect the corporation to be just another corporation, concerned only with providing bonuses to their CEO, board of directors, and big-money investors.

I wish they would shut up about it already...

:roll: ... at least long enough for me to say, "I told you so!"


_________________
"I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis."
-- Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)


AspiePrincess611
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jun 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 157
Location: Westeros

20 Apr 2020, 6:03 pm

Dear_one wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
I'm really upset about the government taking more and more of our rights away because of some silly flu virus. Like 95 percent of people have very mild symptoms!! Where will the government stop? When will it end? It makes me really angry and I've been getting way more aggressive and hostile than normal. .


I have been cross-eyed upset at this post since I saw it. This is NOT a "silly flu virus" as some claim in order to protect their wealth. It is capricious, but quite deadly. People who can't wear masks can probably use shields instead, but they are far fewer than the 5% of the population who are at mortal risk. There are people who didn't take precautions because they though they were in a low risk group. They are dead now, but probably have killed many others on the way. Governments are never perfect, but if we want to live near other people, they are inevitable. Fighting public health orders endorsed by the great majority of medical professionals is antisocial in the extreme.

As for the high risk people, it sucks to be them. They should stay at home so the rest of us can get our lives back and not live in pain. What are they doing out anyway? There are prescription and grocery delivery services, and family, friends, neighbors, and charities who would be happy to run errands for them. I would even volunteer to do this if I knew how. The government crossed the line with the mask laws. Everything else with social distancing was fine with me. I may be antisocial, but I'd rather be that than oppressed. As I said, you may not agree but I will fight these laws. You probably don't understand severe sensory issues if you are saying this also.


_________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale
"I might be crazy but I ain't dumb"
Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,442
Location: Stendec

20 Apr 2020, 6:08 pm

Knowing there are people who refuse to do what they need to do if someone else tells them to do it, even if doing so would save their lives!

It sucks to be them when they suffer for their obstinacy.


_________________
"I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis."
-- Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)


AspiePrincess611
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jun 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 157
Location: Westeros

20 Apr 2020, 6:14 pm

Zakatar wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
Where I live, they are forcing everyone to wear masks in any stores. I work in a store, and am forced to wear a mask. I have sensory issues, and any fabric or covering across my face no matter the type causes me extreme discomfort. My doctor won't write me a note exempting me from wearing one. I have to work because I need money to live on. I also like going to stores because shopping is fun for me as long as there are no crowds. I can't enjoy anything with my face covered up. I'm really upset about the government taking more and more of our rights away because of some silly flu virus. Like 95 percent of people have very mild symptoms!! Where will the government stop? When will it end? It makes me really angry and I've been getting way more aggressive and hostile than normal. Once again, people like us are made to suffer and are overshadowed by the needs of "high risk" people with more visible disabilities. Are they the only ones whose rights matter? Please don't try to start a debate with me I don't want to argue with people. I'm just sick of suffering for other people's sake. Aside from that, I feel like I have no identity anymore. No one can see my face, and our faces are an essential part of who we are. It's like what they do to women in some Muslim countries, force them to hide themselves away and be anonymous. I can't take it anymore. Sometimes I get really violent and nasty thoughts and I came really close to lashing out at people at my work :evil: :x . My son is so opposed to the mask requirement he refuses to go in any store until the law is lifted and if I didn't need money so bad I would do the same. I tried to complain on Twitter but there were too many NT trolls on there who don't care about people like us or what this is doing to everyone, especially people on the spectrum, so I deleted my account.. Can anyone relate??? Again, please no debates or trolls or people saying "we need to save everyone from the horrible plague" and stuff like that. It's bull and I don't care to hear it. If you don't agree please leave me alone. We are both entitled to our opinion thank you.


You guys need to hear this.

a. I have to wear this mask when I go out as well. It sucks but I'd rather wear it then get others sick.

b. Your rights end where your fists reaches my nose. People's lives come before your liberty.

c. My father has this virus. He is a senior citizen. Right now, he's doing better but it is those attitudes like yourself with your "rights" that is helping to keep this virus going instead of having a national shelter in place.

d. If you don't like what I and others say then don't f*****g post. You don't get to post without someone like myself to respond to your s**t. So accept that life is not fair and suck it up buttercup! Take your "rights" and shove them up your ass. My dad has this thing so eat it!

This post, ladies and gentlemen, pissed me off today.


Trust me, you aren’t the only one pissed off by this post. I live in the same state as her and I think our governor has lead one of the best responses in the country to this thing. We were the first mid-Atlantic state to implement social distancing and a stay-at-home order. If you don’t like governors who actually give a crap about containing this thing, move to South Dakota.

My cousin and his fiancée, who are in their late 20s and live in Manhattan, are both survivors of this virus. He had it bad enough that he almost had to go to the hospital. Healthy young people can be have severe cases too.

One thing I will say though is that I agree that face masks aren’t great for people with sensory issues, but they are a necessary evil we will have to deal with until the virus is brought under control. I have a cloth mask made by a family friend which is much more comfortable than the store-bought ones.


Believe me, I would move out of this liberal state immediately if I could. Unfortunately, my financial and family situation will not allow it. You may disagree, but I think our governor is a piece of trash, and, as our awesome President said, a "party traitor". I voted for him because I thought he supported conservative ideals and constitutional rights. Wow, was I wrong. All he does is cave to the liberals. Judging by the looks of him, they probably bribe him with donuts. It's like our state is being run by Homer Simpson and Tiberius combined. Stupid as Homer, tyrannical as Tiberius (he was an evil Roman emperor if you don't know).
And how many more of our rights will these tyrants take away? And for how long? I see a rebellion brewing if it goes on too long. People where I live are fed up. We're a Trump-supporting, conservative community. And I would gladly join said rebellion. I know a teenage boy who had the virus and only had mild cold-like symptoms. So I don't believe the exaggerations.


_________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale
"I might be crazy but I ain't dumb"
Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,499

20 Apr 2020, 6:17 pm

AspiePrincess611 wrote:
As for the high risk people, it sucks to be them. They should stay at home so the rest of us can get our lives back and not live in pain. What are they doing out anyway? There are prescription and grocery delivery services, and family, friends, neighbors, and charities who would be happy to run errands for them. I would even volunteer to do this if I knew how.


Well I can't speak for everyone who is immunocompromised, but some of those people are "out" because they're going to life-saving chemotherapy or dialysis appointments. They aren't all out picking up McDonald's. I don't think they would allow you to get chemotherapy for someone else.



cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,445

20 Apr 2020, 6:24 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
I generally think that, while I support strict guidelines if they present a proportional public health benefit, we should also trust individuals to make decisions about whether their particular situation requires a slightly different approach.

I think if a state or country requires people to wear masks, then people who have a disability which makes it difficult for them to wear masks should be allowed to stay at home on full pay.


I agree as well!


How would this be enforced, though? Can you imagine how many millions of people would be asking for doctor's notes to say they should stay home with full pay because they don't like masks? Or would it only be for people who are previously diagnosed with SPD? Even that's not fair because some people with SPD don't mind masks, and other people can't tolerate masks for other reasons, even if they aren't SPD. I don't see a lot of employers paying people for time off in this economy when millions of other people want their jobs. It sounds reasonable because we're all autistic and we understand, but I don't see how this could be put in practice.



Like you, I agree in theory. I do wish they had more sensory type masks. I do wear masks going out but I fidget as well and end up touching my face so to me it's counter-productive.



AspiePrincess611
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jun 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 157
Location: Westeros

20 Apr 2020, 6:25 pm

Fnord wrote:
Knowing there are people who refuse to do what they need to do if someone else tells them to do it, even if doing so would save their lives!

It sucks to be them when they suffer for their obstinacy.


I disagree that my life is in any danger from this virus. The only thing I am suffering from is oppression by the government and daily pain from my sensory issues being forced to wear something that hides my identity from the world. Also opinions like this one.
I tend not to follow rules blindly and will not do what people tell me if it degrades me, causes me pain, or infringes on my freedom. I tend to fight authority in many cases, and rarely trust it. Especially the US government.
I almost hope I do get the virus, so I can build immunity and brag that I survived the "Deadly Corona Plague". Unless I already had it. Up to half of people don't even know if they've had it. I felt a bit under the weather for a few days in February. I would be willing to bet my life and the lives of all I care about that we would not die of the virus. Even if I were very very ill, I would not go to a doctor for this and have the government track me. I don't trust most doctors and I really don't trust the government.


_________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale
"I might be crazy but I ain't dumb"
Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,499

20 Apr 2020, 6:26 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
I generally think that, while I support strict guidelines if they present a proportional public health benefit, we should also trust individuals to make decisions about whether their particular situation requires a slightly different approach.

I think if a state or country requires people to wear masks, then people who have a disability which makes it difficult for them to wear masks should be allowed to stay at home on full pay.


I agree as well!


How would this be enforced, though? Can you imagine how many millions of people would be asking for doctor's notes to say they should stay home with full pay because they don't like masks? Or would it only be for people who are previously diagnosed with SPD? Even that's not fair because some people with SPD don't mind masks, and other people can't tolerate masks for other reasons, even if they aren't SPD. I don't see a lot of employers paying people for time off in this economy when millions of other people want their jobs. It sounds reasonable because we're all autistic and we understand, but I don't see how this could be put in practice.



Like you, I agree in theory. I do wish they had more sensory type masks. I do wear masks going out but I fidget as well and end up touching my face so to me it's counter-productive.


I'm grateful I've been staying home, like always. The only time I went out was to get an xray for my pneunomia. I wore a mask for that, and I wear gloves when groceries or medicine are delivered to my house. My mother needs to go out for medical treatment because she is going blind. She always wears a mask and gloves, but I'm not allowed to go with her because we are both compromised.



AspiePrincess611
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jun 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 157
Location: Westeros

20 Apr 2020, 6:29 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
As for the high risk people, it sucks to be them. They should stay at home so the rest of us can get our lives back and not live in pain. What are they doing out anyway? There are prescription and grocery delivery services, and family, friends, neighbors, and charities who would be happy to run errands for them. I would even volunteer to do this if I knew how.


Well I can't speak for everyone who is immunocompromised, but some of those people are "out" because they're going to life-saving chemotherapy or dialysis appointments. They aren't all out picking up McDonald's. I don't think they would allow you to get chemotherapy for someone else.

Well in that case they would be going to a medical facility, where I presume everyone would be wearing a mask. I do agree that masks should be required in medical facilities. That may be the one place they should be required, and they are commonly worn there anyway. Probably a good idea for those with these conditions and those treating them to wear masks.


_________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale
"I might be crazy but I ain't dumb"
Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,442
Location: Stendec

20 Apr 2020, 6:36 pm

AspiePrincess611 wrote:
... I tend not to follow rules blindly and will not do what people tell me if it degrades me, causes me pain, or infringes on my freedom...
Funny ... my dad said something similar just before COPD caused him to be tethered to within 30 feet of the oxygen generator that was keeping him alive after 50+ years of smoking.  Having that memory triggered is stressful.


_________________
"I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis."
-- Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)


domineekee
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,661
Location: UK

20 Apr 2020, 6:46 pm

The impending and absolute realities of life, with hospitals, missions and shopping thrown into the mix, but overall the day has been a good one.

The site is quiet without regular posters, I hope they're OK.



AspiePrincess611
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jun 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 157
Location: Westeros

20 Apr 2020, 9:00 pm

Dear_one wrote:
The trouble with Herd Immunity:
COVID-19 survivors could face neuropsychiatric problems

Those recovering from COVID-19 infections could be at higher risk of a host of brain diseases and disorders, warn scientists. Survivors of past viral pandemics — the 1918 flu, SARS in 2003 and MERS in 2012 — experienced brain disorders such as encephalopathy, mood changes and psychosis. There is already some evidence that COVID-19 affects the central nervous system, with some of the infected at risk of stroke and sensory loss. The full effects of the disease may not become clear for years.

Brain, Behavior and Immunity, April 13, 2020

O.M.G.... This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard :lol: :lol: :roll: . Even if some study does support this, It doesn't PROVE it. This seems like the kind of B.S. along the lines of the whole "vaccines cause autism" "study" that went around a few years ago. Maybe we all have autism, depression, and other mental issues because we had the flu and other viruses as kids. But wait...other people who had them don't have these problems. Maybe it only happens in some people? Anyway I have a real hard time swallowing this.


_________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale
"I might be crazy but I ain't dumb"
Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard


AspiePrincess611
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jun 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 157
Location: Westeros

20 Apr 2020, 9:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
... I tend not to follow rules blindly and will not do what people tell me if it degrades me, causes me pain, or infringes on my freedom...
Funny ... my dad said something similar just before COPD caused him to be tethered to within 30 feet of the oxygen generator that was keeping him alive after 50+ years of smoking.  Having that memory triggered is stressful.

I'm sorry you lost your dad Fnord. But the point is, we should have the right to make these choices and live as we choose.


_________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale
"I might be crazy but I ain't dumb"
Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard